Which review/score proved to you p4k lack of credibility?

Which review/score proved to you p4k lack of credibility?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IaHMgToJIjA
youtu.be/HOLJvRP0x08
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/8104-lateralus/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Travistan is fucking garbage though and it deserves a lower score than just 0

Uh no, it's actually funny/witty at times and is interesting lyrically. Musically yeah it sucks whatever. Anyways If you read the review they actually have good things to say about it so awarding a 0 makes no sense.

It's possible to like a few parts of something, but then find the rest excruciating to the point of giving it a 0. Not trying to defend p4k though.

Worst review of anything ever.

Yeah that one was bullshit but I think OP was just a case of him making some really good albums and then a pretty bad one, rather than it being an actual 0/10

Frances The Mute

was just about to post this

Literally all of them.

first time a p4k score has ever made me desire to hear an album

any deerhunter album
really they're overrated by every publication but I always thought they were pitckfork-core

this. a score that low is undeserved

EDGY
D
G
Y

what the fuck

who do i have to fight

Pitchfork should stop reviewing Autechre albums desu

>tfw Pitchfork will never be edgy and indie again

Draft 7.30 is tied with Amber for my favourite Autechre album and this triggers me

It's good but what?

Better than it deserves.

Order Now
John Coltrane
Live at the Village Vanguard: The Master Takes
[Impulse!]
Rating: 8.5

The Village Vanguard. New York City. 1961.

We was sittin' there watchin' the stage. Waitin' for the man they called Coltrane to come out and do his thing. It was me and my four droogs. Them bein' Peter, Georgio and Dim; Dim being really Dim.

'Round an hour'd passed and the place was packed straight through to the back. I'd just dropped some dollars for 'Trane's Giant Steps six months back. Now was the time, this was the place. The Village Vanguard. New York City. 1961.

I was only there for the first night, see, but them cats at Impulse! just made my life complete. They put out four CDs of all that sound 'Trane put out those nights. But you know my type, man. Can't afford to eat, let alone spend some heavy cash on music. So I only got the essential. Live at the Village Vanguard: The Master Takes is one disc, makin' it one-fourth the cost of the box set. And you only get the best stuff.

Man, the opening beauty of "Spiritual..." It's like a dream I had: I floated on the River Nile, smokin' some fresh weed, relaxin'. But I ain't ever gonna see the Nile anyhow. This track's as close as I come, and it's close enough. Best of the best, though, has gotta be "India." It's only when you listen to a perfect old jazz tune like this that you realize how much drum-n-bass is derived from this music. 'Trane takes it to heaven and back with some style, man. Some richness, daddy. It's a sad thing his life was cut short by them jaws o' death.

Shit, cat. It don't make a difference. The man produced enough good music to last me a lifetime. This Village Vanguard thing's just another example of the genius of Coltrane.

-Ryan Schreiber

Sonic youth is a garbage band for freshmen art majors that just stopped listening to my chemical romance. It's a shit band for people that want to impress others with their muh critic approved tastes.

muh spectacle maaan

youtube.com/watch?v=IaHMgToJIjA

wot?

Hi Billy!

>can't into an album as simple as Daydream Nation
>doesn't understand influence or historical importance
>It's just bad, I swear!

youtu.be/HOLJvRP0x08

They give their most gorgeous album one of their lowest scores. Then turn around and give one of their worst albums a higher score.

Just another one of those "Whoops, we fucked up those scores. Eh well, no going back."

all of their Dr. Dog reviews

that opening line is brutal

KEXP is the shit

Yep, that was pretentious bullshit, glad they had the sense to remove that review

>Shit, cat.

>I just got the sense [Pitchfork] thought I was a rock star and they wanted to take me down a peg, but I don't think it occurred to them that the review could have a catastrophic effect... Up until the day of the review, I'd play a solo show, and people would be like, 'That's our boy, our eccentric boy.' Literally, the view changed overnight... I could tell people were trying to figure out if they were supposed to be there or not. It was pretty severe, how the mood changed. The review isn't the story. The reaction to it is. The seriousness with which everyone takes Pitchfork is kind of mind-boggling.

HOLY SHIT

Pretty much these, and Solange getting AOTY 2016

True, they don't have the right

This album wasn't great, but it's like a 3-4 to me. I don't think I've ever heard a "professional" album that I would give a 0 to. Plenty of bandcamp albums and mix tapes though. Outside of some pretty cringe lyrics I think Travistan has its moments

Like what the fuck

Even if you hate the album what the fuck is a 0.2? Why not just say 0? What was its one barely redeeming quality?

This is what happens when you hire 20 somethings with no real understanding of music to write reviews.

This. Their rating system is completely absurd, and I'm convinced their writers have no idea what the fuck they're talking about in their critiques.

They gave Horse Jumper of Love a fucking 5.9

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/8104-lateralus/

one of the most poorly written reviews I've ever read

I'm really glad they stopped doing this "in-character" garbage