Are we all willing to admit that we're all atleast a little pretentious here with our music tastes?

Are we all willing to admit that we're all atleast a little pretentious here with our music tastes?

Come on we're all being honest with ourselves, don't be that guy to disagree.

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~decemberwyatt
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like what I like, I have literally no one to impress with my taste besides anons and I don't care about that whatsoever

A bit probably. I try not be an ass about it irl though.

yes /thread

>come on I think I'm the only one who's right, don't be that guy who disagrees

Is it pretentious to pretend you're not pretentious and that the music you listen to is more popular than it is?

this post is extremely pretentious so just say yes

good men

this.

the worst moods i'm in the greater pretentious i have

I'm a lurker, dont expose my tastes unless its on an specified thread abou some genre or artist. I like what I like. I remember forcing myself to listen to shit i didnt like and pretending I was enjoying it only because image. I think prentention cames from a deep insecurity about oneself and its taste.

Reading myself i found i sound a lil birñt pretentious... I'm doomed kek

I've come to the conclusion that you wouldn't be here if you weren't friend, it's ok though just make a conscious effort to not be a dick about it irl.

Yes, it is why I don't talk about music outside of here even though it's what I spend most of my time thinking about. It makes my few friends hate me, which I've learned the hard way too many times over the years.

Yeah, its hard to deny that. But being a little pretentious isn't awful as long as it doesn't go to far.

of course

that's why you think someone who likes the same stuff you do has good taste

Every faggot on Sup Forums is like that. That is why i hate this place.

On the contrary, I usually try to downplay the obscurity/"weirdness" of music I like because I know most people don't care.

but not you right?

>on the cantrary

confirmed to be pretentious

I think taste is subject so no. I don't come here often I don't like the way people dicuss music here desu. But i don't know any other music fourms.

I have never once shown off my taste but I'm still a little pretentious I guess. Its not listening to Bulgarian lithurgic field recordings for hours on end doesn't take its toll.

I have a weird relationship with the music I like. I've dug deep and wide, and spent a lot of time discovering new music, but pretty much all of my favourite albums are mu/allmusic/rym core. It's not even like I'm a poseur or something, those just happen to be the albums I like best. I don't know, maybe it's the same reason a lot of people like pop music best: they like feeling a sense of connection to other people who like the same things. For me those would be cult albums and critically acclaimed albums.

It's hard not to be. I only really judge if the person if they listen to stuff like Mumford and Sons or Alt-J and consider themselves super groundbreaking. The Sup Forums-esque people I know IRL are usually pretentious but I am too so it works out into a nice mutual dislike.

Same, I'm reluctant to post charts/etc. cause all my favorites are Sup Forums-normie stuff.

I don't get it, do people on here actually listen to Bulgarian field recordings or is it a joke?

hes meming, everyone itt is

Irony has gone too far.

It's kind of weird how things are flipped here on Sup Forums. In real life and on other websites, liking a lot of music that other people might reasonably already like is a plus. Here it's like, well this guys can't rec/contribute everything good if he only listens to what we've all already heard.

Why would it be a joke?

Bulgarian folk music or Field recordings (not from anywhere in specific)
Not specifically Bulgarian field recordings.

Pic related, the only good one by yours truly mangum.

Yep, but it's eased as my tastes have broadened. The first genre I ever got into was classical music when I was a teenager. I'm definitely embarassed of that (even though I kept my love of classical a secret from everyone). Since then I've branched out a lot. My friends like to poke fun at my "niche" and "obscure" music, but what can I do when the Top 40 just reminds me of all the parties I was never invited to? I listen to what makes me happy.

yeah there's nothing wrong with a person who just doesn't feel the need to explore music. They can like whatever they hear around, its not a priority for them.
its real fucking annoying when someone thinks they're a grandwizard with the darkest secrets of music and they've barely skimmed the surface

I like a lot of music
And I like it a lot
And tend only to listen to music I think I'll like

Not sure if that is pretentious or anti pretentious or anything in between

I'd say it's probably subjective if someone's taste is pretentious or not

Though there may be some general consensus in certain cases

U tell me Holmes

rateyourmusic.com/~decemberwyatt