Black metal thread. Anyone have any good contemporary BM?

Black metal thread. Anyone have any good contemporary BM?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UF8bMDyc_Sc
youtu.be/-v-SVsQmhmY
youtube.com/watch?v=jdsLf72z_xw
aluktodolo.bandcamp.com/album/occult-rock
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Enslaved, ASCENSION, Ihsahn

Todesstoß

Young and in the way, watain, aosoth, diocletian, exiled from light, forgotten tomb and numenorean are all pretty solid bands.

ghost bath deafheaven alcest the list goes on

The gun in mouth one is better imo

Trust me with this one user

ye right but, I think this is more "contemporary" bc of the jazz tunes and the more "rock-ish"parts.

Fucking Krallice

Anything by Inquisition.

It can get a little samey and might not exactly be what you're looking for, but that guy is a riff fucking master

What are their best albums?

youtube.com/watch?v=UF8bMDyc_Sc

I usually love black metal but I can't get into Inquisition because I find the vocals so bad. Is this just me or does anyone else feel this way?

Try this.

100% This.
All 3 of Hair Spirit Noir's albums are fucking great

That one there, Ominous Doctrines of the Perpetual Mystical Microcosm is really cool. Focuses more on the heaviness of the riffs.

My other favorite of theirs is Obscure Verses for the Multiverse. It's less riffy but has so much more atmosphere, comparatively. At least, in my opinion.

I can understand that. The vocals are really froggy, kind of like Dimmu Borgir. Someone once told me to imagine the vocalist in a more witch-doctor light, or something similarly primitive and shamanistic for a perspective to at least tolerate the voice while listening to the instrumentals.

>but that guy is a riff fucking master
seconding this, I've been listening to some of their stuff lately since I'm seeing them tomorrow with Mayhem and the fucking riffs are incredible, some of the best I've heard in black metal

I enjoy the vocals personally, but I can definitely see why some people might dislike them

Need some black metal that have riffs that really shred, no atmosnore stuff.

Behemoth has good riffs but leans a bit towards death metal, dissection is very melodic without atmowankery and forgotton tombs newer stuff has a bit of a black and roll feel

Nefarious Dismal Orations is pretty great, probably my favorite release by them

Listen to the behemoth demos then

Just wait for the new Immortal album

I have, much prefer satanica and everything after.

0-0-0-0-0-0-1-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-1

10/10 to be quite honest

Meant to quote you

why the fuck would anybody even bother posting this? is this a joke? is this a meme? am i loosing my god damn fucking mind??

Nocturnal Chalice latest tape
youtu.be/-v-SVsQmhmY

Top tier

Polish black metal is pretty amazing. Check Mgła, Furia, Kriegsmaschine, Infernal War

Cornigr - Relics of Inner War is pretty decent DMDS worship which doesn't get done enough I feel like

first wave
black/thrash in general
Nehemah and Tenebrae in Perpetuum aren't shreddy but they're pretty riffy 2nd wave worship

And the most important Polish band, Graveland.

Yes

this.

underrated

I'm really captivated by Elderwind and a lot of eastern-European (especially Russian) black metal coming out at the moment. It seems to be a source of really unique elements in the movement - I think nature-based atmospheric black metal is honestly the future of the genre.

youtube.com/watch?v=jdsLf72z_xw

Forgot to mention!

>nature-based atmospheric black metal is honestly the future of the genre.
why the hell would you think this is something new?

Book of Sand is fucking incredible.

anybody have some psychedelic black metal recs?
similar to oranssi pazuzu, nachtmystium, njiqahdda etc

Aluk Todolo
aluktodolo.bandcamp.com/album/occult-rock

One of my favourite bands. They play a blend of krautrock, noise and black metal. Very psychedelic music.
They are signed on Noevdia and will tour with Oranssi Pazuzu soon.
They also used to have regular black metal project, Diamatregon.

thanks, have been meaning to give them a listen but had slipped my mind