ITT: Desired Vidyakino

What game would you like to see successfully adapted?

Pic related, it'd probably end up being a CGI-shitfest but god damn, a man can dream.

Why do you want that to be adapted? It was conceived and carefully written for the video game media, and takes full advantage of it. The game uses feelings the sense of wonder the player has towards the Colossi to inform the "story". An adaptation would have to fall short on those aspects. It could be a fun movie, but wouldn't really be the same thing as the sorce material and fans like you would cry it was shit.

>it'd probably end up being a CGI-shitfest
Well how else would do it?
A man in a suit? Stop motion?

ICO is better
Still they are both my two favoutire games

Either Mass Effect which is essentially a hyperviolent star wars, half life or banner saga.

>Stop motion?

This would look great though.

I know it'd never be as good as the game and it'd be butchered nowadays, but I just want to watch a human taking on monstrous giants for an hour and a half.

I know it's a dumb pick.

I imagined traditional animation, but stop motion would be amazing.

>never be as good as the game
>butchered

That's what I'm talking about. You're the problem. You clearly don't know how different material work on different media and how adaptations work and yet you claim for them just to complain on anonymous imageboards about how "shitty" they turn out.

I want a Mass Effect movie, but only with a lesbian femShep.

>What game would you like to see successfully adapted?
Warcraft: Orcs vs Humans

starcraft tbqh

theres definitely a good movie (or 2, brood war) in there somewhere

I was hoping for an adaptation of planetarian, and it's actually being made now.

It's technically not a game but it's part of the game industry.

I acknowledged the problem in adapting the game into a movie, I understand that different stories are made for different mediums and that certain things don't work when adapted. I understand that it would not do the game justice and I'd probably be disappointed.

But I'd still watch it. I didn't ask what would make a great vidya adaptation, I asked what you personally would want. I never said I thought it'd be amazing, I'm just saying personally I'd rather watch a mediocre adaptation of a video game I enjoyed than another mediocre adaptation of some comic book.

Jesus.

Sup Forums was never good

Mad Max: fury road, the video game experience™

> wanting a movie adaption of a team ico game

fucking kill yourself you pleb

That comparison was totally unnecessary and ur a faggot

It could work if the goal wasn't too show off the colossus. If it was like an hour of trying to find it and the last bit a single fight it would work. It would be super fucking niche and everyone on Sup Forums would hate it but there you go.

SotC works only as a game. The gameplay is about the player holding on, and the story is about a man who can't let go.

>half life

Already done...

Fact: A Shadow of the Colossus was almost directed by Josh Trank, the tanker behind Fant4stic.

Also I'd like to see an Infamous film.

The jews would never allow it.

A Bioshock movie depicting the fall of Rapture.