Why did he sellout and start producing for generic corporate pop artists like Coldplay and U2?

Why did he sellout and start producing for generic corporate pop artists like Coldplay and U2?

name 1 song better than clocks m8

D A L E
A
L
E

Probably boredom.

mylo xyloto is good

It rakes in the big bucks. Not like he has anything he needs to prove. Selling out was the smart choice.

Coldplay used to be good. Fuck U2 though. There's no excuse for that.

>made 4 of the greatest rock albums of all time in a row
>stopped making rock music of any kind to focus on quiet knob-twiddling bloops for 30 years
why did he do this?

same answer to the question of Why Does Hip Hop Suck In '96?

Except U2 weren't "generic corporate pop shit" when he started working with them

U2 > Talking Heads

>tfw to smart too disagree

u2 are literally the worst band of all time

he didn't produce any of U2's shit albums except for No Line On The Horizon which was supposed to be more experimental but at the last minute the band got worried an arabic music influenced album would sell poorly so they added some more pop sounding songs which ended up fucking up the album. It would have been great the way it was meant to be. At least they've admitted afterwards it was a stupid decision.

And go listen to The Unforgettable Fire if you haven't. It's the first U2 album he produced and sonically it's incredible

he got his big break producing for generic corporate pop artists like Bowie, so what's the difference?

Not surprisingly both bands were at their best when working with him.

>And go listen to The Unforgettable Fire if you haven't. It's the first U2 album he produced and sonically it's incredible
i agree with this

i think joshua tree is their strongest album though

>U2-lite-lite used to be good
>but fuck U2

War, TUF, TJT, and AB are all incredibly strong albums. I'd even say Achtung Baby is one of the best albums of all time. I get why people hate modern U2 but it's literally a meme. Most great bands eventually end up making mediocre albums in their later years. Paul McCartney has had maybe 2 good albums since Wings, and they both had great producers working on them (George Martin for Flaming Pie and Nigel Godrich for Chaos and Creation in the Backyard). Nobody trashes McCartney for that, though. Obviously U2 were never as good as him, but that's just an example

Coldplay has never been good. U2 has never been good.
The fact that you think a band that ripped off and watered down U2 into melodramatic horseshit is somehow better than U2 is intensely stupid. Both bands are terrible and always have been.

Also hit the nail on the head. The guy is Brian Eno. He could produce an act like One Direction and it wouldn't really be enough to tarnish his legacy.

Is it even possible to sell out as a producer? You just get paid to help other people make music. It'd be like saying a session musician could sell out by recording on a top 40 artist's album.

Also Eno pretty early was making pop music and it was pretty good. I wish he would make a similar album at some point in the future.

I thought he died in a gay orgy

~~~~~~it's da money~~~~~~

>U2 has never been good.
That's your opinion desu. But U2 were a hugely acclaimed post-punk band in the 80s. It really wasn't a stretch for Eno to work with them.

opposite,

I wish he made more pop music, what was the last one?

He did a couple collab albums with some guy in 2014 that were more pop-ish.

yeah this lol

U2 became corporate pop when they started working with Eno.

He wanted to make pop music not shit. He succeeded somewhat, Viva La Vida is the only worthwhile album Coldplay ever made