So this was actually pretty entertaining. Not as good as The Mist or even 1408...

So this was actually pretty entertaining. Not as good as The Mist or even 1408, but it's one of the better recent King adaptations.

i didn't understand it

When did this even come out? Samuel L Jackson is approaching Eric Roberts in meme status

>king

Dammit, please tell me more. I liked to book and I'm afraid they fucked this up.

Also this. I didn't saw a single promotion for this.

I dunno. I've had it on my HD for a couple weeks now. Just got around to watching it.

I have not read the book. If you have then I can almost guarantee you'll be disappointed, though. It's essentially 28 Days Later with cell phones. More action than anything. Just enough information and character development to keep people interested.

>It's essentially 28 Days Later with cell phones.
Not really that different in the book. So yeah, I will watch this.

That poster is fucking awful.

28 Days Later didn't have a fucking retarded nonsensical ending

give a chance at some point but I gotta say real ugly poster.

Gives the impression that they made it on a 2 dollar budget

>read the book in 7th grade like 7 years ago
>Alice dies
>stop reading, become intensely depressed for like 2 days

It wasn't even a good book up to that point, but damn if it didn't give me feels.

Too bad I won't be seeing it cause it has Samuel L Jackson

Imagine if World War Z had a special needs brother trying to imitate everything WWZ pulled off but failing miserably at it? - This is that movie in the OP. Don't watch it, it seriously is a fucking waste of time. God-awful cgi, terrible acting, nonsensical plot, cheap tiny setpieces, just awful and forced from beginning to end. To call this a B movie would still be flattering

Everything about this statement is wrong, actually. If it had shit CGI I'd be the first to call it out. The acting is just as good as any other "zombie" movie. The setpieces aren't cheap or tiny. Don't know what the fuck you're getting at there. Just an idiot, I'd imagine. The "forced" critique backs that up. The plot is as nonsensical as any zombie movie as well. The only thing that really wasn't explained well enough for my taste was the whole King of the Internet character and why this is happening. Insignificant. It's a zombie action movie that's more entertaining than any zombie or action movie that's come out in the past decade.

No you're the idiot here for actually defending this steaming pile of shit

Seriously get yourself checked out

i agree with the other dude. was like a cheap WWZ that made no sense

The samefag is palpable

It's hard to sell John Cusack and Sam jackson

Are you sure ur not talking about WWZ?

Wait, when the fuck did they make a Cell movie and why the shit wasn't I told?

But in the book there was all that supernatural shit.

Did they leave all that out? The previews I saw looked like they did, that was really all that set King's story apart from any other zombie apoc bullshit and I thought he did a pretty good job with it.

It was crap.

>Cell is an American science fiction horror film based on the 2006 novel of the same name by Stephen King. The film is directed by Tod Williams with a screenplay by King and Adam Alleca. The film stars John Cusack, Samuel L. Jackson, and Isabelle Fuhrman. The film was released on June 10, 2016 to video on demand, prior to a limited release scheduled for July 8, 2016.[3]

>The film was released on June 10, 2016 to video on demand

>video on demand

OH LAWD

No different than Netflix or Amazon or Hulu or etc, etc, etc

so is there any logic to the movie or is it just bullshit

Really? I've heard nothing but bad things about it. I read the book a few years ago, been curious to check it out.