Albums Sup Forums used to unironically enjoy

>Albums Sup Forums used to unironically enjoy

I wasn't around at the time....

....are you serious...?
People liked this shit? It's Tyler's worst album.

Literally his worst fucking album, besides maybe Cherry Bomb

I haven't actually listened to this since the year it came out but I think "cocoa butter kisses" came on some kid at work's spotify the other day and it was the most disgusting shit.

It makes Cherry Bomb look like Illmatic.
There is NO possible way Goblin isn't his worst unless you're super delusional.

You don't like Cocoa Butter Kisses? Why not?

It's objectively shit

Yeah well it was between that and the decidedly more patrician bastard. Also, Sup Forums was/is young adults.

Everybody has to be 15 at some point OP

>implying

embarrassing opinion

I still unironically love this album

Each has 2-3 redeeming tracks but both are pretty equal in terms of shittiness

I still like it, in a way

Wait, w-we don't like this one anymore? Fuck....

GOLDEN RUBBERS IN THESE DENIM POCKETS

Same, I won't defend the edginess of the lyrics (Bitch Suck Dick is cringy to listen to still) but I like the dark mood it has

I haven't seen people say anything positive about this album in a while desu, it's alright though imo

(I hope this doesn't come off as pretentious)
Maybe this is personal taste but at least C.B. has a better aesthetic/style than Goblin did.

Cherry Bomb had a lot of Jazzy/R&B and some of Tyler's best production and compositions.

Goblin was shitty shock rap with god awful beats with one of the only redeemable tracks being because Frank was on it.

The physical maternal love theme is uncomfortable, kinda like an uncanny valley or something, and his voice wore out it's novelty for me. Listening again the lyrics in the chorus are clever though, and the production and arrangement are well done.
Yeah, I'm really over his voice and delivery though. I forgot Twista was on this. I bet Twista's recentshit is more entertaining than half the music I listened to in 2016.
It's not as bad as I thought but I still don't really like that track anymore.

I'll give you that, but the 2-3 songs that were good (the jazzy ones), sounded just like Wolf (my favorite). The rest of the tracks that he tried to experiment on were hot garbage though. The title track is literally one of the worst songs I've ever heard, makes most of Goblin good in comparison

>The title track is literally one of the worst songs I've ever heard
Well yeah I can see that.

There were a FEW of the less jazzy ones that could be considered highlights (Buffalo and Smuckers come to mind) and either way the production is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Goblin.

Also just curious: Which 3 are the highlights for Cherry Bomb (Find Your Wings and Fucking Young I'm guessing are 2 of them). I'm guessing Goblin highlights are Yonkers and She since they're the only listenable tracks.

>Tyler's best production and compositions
I can barely remember most of the beats on Cherry Bomb, Goblin had a lot more effort put into it even if it was super cringy

My brother the shit on Goblin sounds like it was made in 10 minutes with like...the worst keyboard settings you could use.

Cherry Bomb actually had full orchestras and everything, and some pretty good drum programming at times too.

Look I'll make this easier, here's what I think are the REALLY good tracks from the album:
>Buffalo
>Find Your Wings
>Brown Stain
>Fuckin Young/Perfect
>Smuckers
>Okaga, CA
>2Seater

Yeah you guessed right, along with buffalo and half of smuckers.

>buffalo and half of smuckers.
First or second half?

Also I shared what the other highlights/my favorites were in the previous post.

Basically remove Kanyes verse and its an alright track

Just because Goblin was more lo-fi and more simplistic doesn't mean it had less effort put into its songwriting as I actually remember the beat (and mostly like them)

As for your picks
>Buffalo
One of the better tracks
>Find Your Wings
Forgettable
>Brown Stain
Another good track, probably the best with Deathcamp
>Fuckin Young/Perfect
Eh
>Smuckers
Liked Ye's verse ok, rest is forgettable
>Okaga, CA
Forgettable
>2Seater
Forgettable

But Goblin era was god tier performance and energy wise, wolf was the beginning of the end (pic related)

(It's 2AM where I'm at so sorry if I don't reply much after this)

Fair enough I suppose. I'll respect your opinions on it.

Hated that song.

>Fair enough I suppose. I'll respect your opinions on it.

Fuck you, die!

(Serious though, thanks for being reasonable, not something you get often here)

No problem man. Least I could do after being shit talked in another thread.

What's wrong with goblin? I haven't heard it since highschool but I'm pretty sure I could still sing every word to orange juice and drop

bastard was the best and everything after it was downhill

i completely forgot about this album. now that you've brought it up, i've realised how much i miss the Sup Forums that spammed this album.

A lot of people were whining about Goblin at release, actually.

It has all of Bastard's flaws, but is less inventive and far more meandering.

I think it's your taste that's shit

She and nightmare were really the only two good tracks

That live is golden. I started listening to OF because of that performance, I thought it was all gonna be like that and I was very disappointed later. Love Earl though.

I dunno. I remember people saying Bastard was better.

The number of times people I used to respect told me to listen to this fucking GARBAGE album...

makes me cringe everytime

still is

As I recall, most people were really hyped for Goblin after Yonkers dropped, then were disappointed by the album as a whole.

i hated the spam while it was going on but now i miss it

In a way I still think its his best album.

Bump

I'd say IYRTITL is better.
mu also used to talk about that a lot but doesn't now even though it's still more recent

oldfag here

Remember me?

IYRTITL>NWTS>Take Care>everything else

I do

Because once Views came out it was embarrassing to listen to Drake.

I can't dig this album anymore and I used to love it as a little edge lord.

Burger still bangs though. Burger is still really fucking good.

FUCKING THIS

Views was super shitty. IYRTITL was a step in the right direction. I still listen to it occasionally and enjoy it. But Views just fucked it all up.

best album of 2043

I can't believe Sup Forums love this shit for all the hate the band gets.

DGD has been one of my fav bands growing up and i still listen to them from time to time, they're great.

>Tree Village is the GOAT

well first of all you're remembering the wrong album, so there's a start

It has been a very long time since I listened to odd future. Kind of grew out of it. I'm thinking of radicals, right? In that case yeah, goblin was the start of the downward slope.

Nightmare is still a good song