Was this made to look like islamic calligraphy?

Why is Batman so xenophobic against an outsider alien presence that brought down those buildings?

Why was it made to look like arabic instead of hebrew, considering Superman's Moses-like origins and his jewish creators?

Is Snyder an anti-semite? Is that why he chose jesse einseinberg as the manipulator rich facebookboy Luthor?

It's kryptonian you complete tit

It's Kryptonian for this.

oh is Krypton real? Did they share a lot common linguistic heritages with arabic cultures?

i dont even know what that is

Nah he's right Superman is a kike

That's why he, magneto, and dr. Manhattan have the best powers

They're all Jews

>magneto has the best powers
pff. im on to your sneaky ways, merchant!

he controls metal coins and gold, it's the best

joseph campbell quote, guy in comparative mythology comparative religion
basically all our stories come from the same place
ie all the references and allusions in bvs as well as the world in which the characters are situated as well as the similarities and connections drawn to other stories and personalities
it all comes from the same space in spite of the specific ip identifiers

>tfw bending men's minds with the power of shekels

he literally kills a nazi with a coin going through his brain

if that was written by a german in the 1920s germans would have gone "pls that's too much, i like some subtlelty in my judenhass"

mate you're one step away from thinking every writer intentionally taps into jungian/ campbell shit and they control every single thing on set

Does it not look like arab in the middle of the S?

Like the arab in middle of your ass?

i lol'd
classy jokes, user

i'm not sure of what you're saying

the interviews have statements about archetypes, and it fits with what's in the movie

yeah i know, but every writer when talking about Superman goes on about archetypes - it's the easiest go-to word for hacks and writers giving interviews.

Grant Morrison and his fans were going nuts about that shit during All Star Superman (the writer used to be a big McKenna, Jung-influeced authors, Robert Anton Wilson, Crowley etc sort of dude)

What do you guys think about the idea that in terms of the DCEU, Superman's become "comic book Jesus" or "heroic age Jesus," his sacrifice being the catalyst that elevates a dark, pessimistic world into a new, more hopeful Heroic Age?

i think it was badly done. The jesus comparisons work in a campbell/jung sort of way (but that works also in comparison with any mythological or story figure that every place and time created because it stems from something archetypal and a basic grammar all manking seems to share but that's a tautology)

BvS made Superman think "oh shit, these peasants think i'm some sort of god, i'm just a guy, i'm only like Jesus in the way I'm a christian who follows his example" but it really fucks up by making him exactly too Jesus-like specially in his resurrection. It's like changing his name to Yeshua El, from the planet of Heaven and his alien father is now named God.

Though I like Bruce wanting to honor him, changing from a bitter man to a non-murderer and gathering people following Superman's example.

oh right
well i do think morrison is overrated while also not appreciated enough for his non big ip work
the difference here i think is that the focus not on the similarities on their but on whatever it is in the that generates these things, again, beneath the ip
that's bullshit
the world itself can't change like that.
batman himself does, that's the point.
and that definitely would fit the uh...christian parallels.
here the holy spirit is hope itself, and bruce sets off to spread the 'good news' that "we can do better, we must"
which again, leads to the ideal of community and the individual in the community.

you can't stop people like lex from existing, or even from committing atrocities, what you can do is your best as told to clark

the 'world' of the dceu is not pessimistic at all and i'm fairly certain their goal isn't to present some sort of ideology with clear social infrastructures for us to enable irl.

The plot of the Suicide Squad heavily involves magic.

If the leaks are to be believed, Ares is the main villain of Wonder Woman's film, and he and the rest of the Greek pantheon are essentially powerless because few people believe in or worship them anymore.

I'm telling you now that belief is going to be one of the linchpins of magic in the DCEU, and all that religious imagery plays back into it. It's just that it doesn't apply to Superman because he's not fueled by belief and worship.

Lastly, it's a metatextual commentary on Superman's place in comic book history and his relevance in modern society. He's the first, the founder of the "religion" of superheroes, and it's only by his sacrifice that their pessimistic world can be elevated into a "comic book" world, the sort of place where heroes like the Justice League fit.

i'd also add something about the archetypal aspect of the story so far,
the reason i think its significant is because they are fully going with it, a lot of times it seems to me that movies that bring these things up mask or try to not be those archetypes to an extent.

to me its more of a lets cut the bullshit, we all know that all of our stories are the same, after all, they come from the same place.
that's why it's ironic to me that people say the extra bits in the movie are hamfisted, as to me its the opposite; the dropping of the pretense that these characters are soooo singular within the human imagination

here it seems to me that the overall story is fully the outcome of what came before. the new only comes out of going through the past and moving beyond it and this a case where i think that's fully plausible

i'll also add that i don't think jesus is off limits either. both in regards to the specific use of that story in the movie but in general. if superman were real he would touch on that realm of reaction from people, something that already true for us now. even while the movie has an anti theist message

>pessimistic world can be elevated into a "comic book" world, the sort of place where heroes like the Justice League fit.
precisely the opposite

it's not that the world itself changes, it's that there's an opening for larger than life champions to work within our own world as it is

it's that the heroes can have an entry into *our* world, not the other way around as you're saying

or even deeper so to say, that the ideas in these movies are as real for us as they are in the cinematic universe.
for all the talk about 'pessimism' and 'dark' and 'edgy'
this movie is nowhere near as dark as shit is in our own actual world, although the extended cut seems to show some extra shady shit that happens in different spheres of influence/power.

these things were cut from this movie, and it would be a shame if they were dropped altogether in the future

>Was this made to look like islamic calligraphy?
do you mean persian by any chance?
you probably mean arabic
nah who am i kidding this is bantz bait

they're playing with the ancient ayyy lmao intervention in the cradle of civilization angle

Interesting anaylisis.

that is curious