I'm all for black lives matter, but what the hell is sitting down during the national anthem supposed to accomplish?

I'm all for black lives matter, but what the hell is sitting down during the national anthem supposed to accomplish?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dyzWgIoZ-Wo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kicking the american media machine into high gear and getting millions of people talking about it.

>I'm all for black lives matter
Come on lol
Don't be THAT obvious

It's about drawing attention to the problem.

The fact that everybody keeps talking about it shows that it's working.

Provides a good alibi when the team cuts or trades you for poor performance.

I don't know for sure if it was his intention, but the country is speaking endlessly about it. I'm not sure this is exactly a topic that would have been flying under the radar otherwise (its been dominating the media for a while now), but its certainly come to the forefront, albeit now with even more baggage.

It gives Kaepernick an excuse when he gets cut by the 49ers. Now he can be a political martyr instead of just a bad player. Expect plenty of articles from people who have never watched a game of football in their lives about how Kaepernick is a great quarterback whose racist white coach and white team executives won't allow him to play.

Hes quitting football, and he wants to use the race card as a scape goat.

>Jemele Hill keeps talking about it

He forgot to stand and zoned out when the anthem was on. He came up with this excuse and his rolling with it.

Pretty much this

Jerry Rice is blacker and better and he says all lives matter.

it is supposed to accomplish fuck your anthem.

Fuck. I thought we had enough of this when Sean King wrote that article after the Super Bowl trying to ridicule Peyton Manning. I can't remember of it was him who said something along the lines of that racism rigged the super bowl for the white guy to win.

>to protest that a country where a black backup qb makes 20million a year is oppressive to black people

stopped reading there

This is it, winner winner, chicken dinna

It gets him attention and PR brownie points without actually doing anything or committing any of his wealth to anything mildly useful.

It's a great way for a lightskin to establish his street cred.

>what the hell is sitting down during the national anthem supposed to accomplish?
it's a great warmup for his season

Talking has never fixed anything though. Even in diplomacy, talking is just a prelude to action.

>2016
>Burgers still think not standing for the national anthem is a punishable offense

I'm all for patriotism, but what the hell is playing the national anthem before a game in a league that is exclusively played by teams from the USA supposed to accomplish?

This.

It forces people to be confronted, being attention to something that's only covered during the news hour etc.

Millions of people watch sports not everyone watches the news, people will change the channel when a #BLM new story comes on, people won't change the channel when sports come on.

That being said I don't get what people thing stuff like burning his jersey will do to him

>what the hell is sitting down during the national anthem supposed to accomplish?

Absolutely nothing, it's virtue signalling at its best. Don't forget to show everyone how mad you are the next time the religion of peace strikes, by changing your social media display picture to have, whatever country was culturally enriched by said religion of peace. Not only does it show your friends how much empathy you have and how much on the right side of history you are on, but it also sends a clear messages to the terrorists that "you don't scare us". Nothing says bulletproof like a group of people shielded by tolerance and smugness :^)

He;s a good guy really great doesnt afraid of anything

There is no tangible goal for his protest and this will all eventually dissipate. Sure, he's brought in a bunch of attention for the time being, but he won't be able to do anything with it because he doesn't know what to do.

It's the same as protesting against poverty or all war. It's too broad an idea. People become aware of the problem more but because no one has any sort of solution people will eventually move on to focus on something else.

youtube.com/watch?v=dyzWgIoZ-Wo

0:12

wtf i love america now

Why doesn't his employer care about him using his place of work as a platform for expressing personal political views? If he worked for a regular company he would have been fired already.

>all for black lives matter
r u a black criminal?

Blm has been a mainstream non-stop issue for two years you moron

My opinion

I think kaep wants the president or someone with higher power to step in and hold the Cops that killed the black victims (that all made headlines don't see the same when a white guy or Mexican get killed as far as protest go) accountable for their actions.. Again my opinion from what I see in the media is a mix of victims and criminals. I mean some were unarmed and did cause a disturbance which is a low level crime that shouldn't involve the suspect getting killed. Can't say don't deserve to get shot, just not shot to be killed. Then there's the one guy who was reaching for a permit cause he had a weapon in a state that allows non felons to carry a weapon with a permit. How do we know he wasn't a felon? Just going on a limb and trusting they did a background check like they do everyone that registers for a permit for a gun. Which leads me to side towards the fact gun was legal. In that case cop should be charged with first degree murder. Life no parrol. Not even one meeting to deni the murderer the chance to ever live with a normal society and not a prison ran by politicians. The gangs rule the prisons and all their actions involve politics. Those are the structures tho, can't piss without asking get in a fight without asking you get punished by the structure. That there to me seems somewhat political. Now the disruptive groups (they call the small group gangs that. Can't confirm but I think it's cause they're outnumbered by the structures like 5 to 1 often more) don't live by to much politics like the structures.. Don't have anybody to answer to if they fight or deal or associate with other gangs even the structures. Totally off topic but yea he wants the gobermint to step in

next Vikings QB

nigga I aint readin all that shit

>a game in a league that is exclusively played by teams from the USA
its the WORLD championship you seething fucking casual

I knew Sup Forums was full of idiots but holy fucking shit I didn't realize it was this bad.

It's super confusing to everyone. No one knows. You know why? Because it's an idiot, like Ryan Lochte, with a voice and publicity wanting to be heard.

Fuck that ninja turtle looking bitch

It gives him attention.

He literally wore a shirt with Fidel Castro on it today. He's an idiot. This shit will be forgotten in a week because blacks have 99 problems before "police brutality"

I bet you thought the memes weren't real.

His defense carried him.

>Try to claim that black lives matter
>Black people disagree

>It forces people to be confronted
>We have to hear more about this shitty QB being butthurt.

Kaepernick is the only one who benefits from this shit.

how awkward is his next game gonna be

What will the end of this all be like

I don't watch handegg but I wanna watch this play out to be honest

He's a fucking nobody on the field that literally got carried by a defense, o-line, and run game. They had all the pieces and when some of that left, he just couldnt compensate like a good QB.

Point is, since he's now a nobody, it'll eventually subside. The team will cut him and he'll be a martyr despite doing fuck nothing for the black community.

why do mulatto's think they are black ?

Because in America they are.

they are literally brown though

What country are blacks not oppressed in (and by that I mean countries with at least 1 million black people)? Fuck, he can go to Africa and see what real oppression is. Black communities are pretty discriminated in in France and the UK by news reports I look at.

He'd be booed mercilessly, but he is a fucking bench warmer, no opportunities for ridicule

He's making 19m a year though how could he be a benchwarmer?

^^^^THIS^^^^

The fucking GOAT knows better than this meme QB

Steve Young and Joe Montana take shits more talented than Colin Pencildick

>thread #9552928882 today on this subject
>implying it didn't work

Contract

So what is he going to do to help stop black oppression? Will he sell his shoe collection?

he signed his contract before he started sucking. they have to pay him for 4 more years, kek.

Is it really smart attacking the flag?
Almost like he's saying everyone is a racist, since the flag is suppose to symbol the whole nation.

>Kaepernick was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to Heidi (Zabransky) Russo, a 19-year-old white woman who was single and destitute at the time.[1]
>His birth father, an African American, was out of the picture before he was born.

If black people had dads, would there be less crime?

>Is it really smart attacking the flag?
Considering how he is shit, it's very smart for him. It'd be dumb if he was an actual good player. It gives him attention and an out.

He wants to replicate Muhammad Ali, but, without any justification.

he started talking about the presidential election in the locker room interview. i guess he has a lot of motivations for this, but he's not being very cohesive.

>some of that left
Umm...Who did he have to begin with?

>His best receiver was a tight end
>Who declined harder than him
>His #1 receiver got injured and traded
>He's on his third different coach in five seasons

I mean...How many QBs in the HISTORY of the NFL did more with less? He was top tier for two seasons. Can't really blame him for being mediocre when they sucked.

>I'm all for BLM

It literally makes no sense to me.

>AWW EVIL NATIONAL ANTHEM

How his he going to get support from people when he also attacks them?

he's a muslim too

>he started talking about the presidential election in the locker room interview
He was wearing a Castro shirt earlier. I cant see him being full clintontard. Trump at least says black people live like shit.

Because a very loud subset of Americans will lick his ass over this and pay his bills when he gets out.

It's going to be Michael Sam all over again once he's cut. SJW's ruin everything.

Jesus fucking christ! Take a writing class.

Meme QB realizes he is Meme and goes full retard. this really isn't that surprising.

Stopped reading there

Pretty sure this a troll but on the off chance it isn't, I have to ask, why do you support a hate movement?

Law enforcement need to subject to a much higher degree of scrutiny and accountability, but that's a separate issue.

Are black people more likely to be "profiled" by police? Yes, but, here's the thing... ready?

Black people are way more likely than white people to commit a crime. Say hello to the elephant in the room, kiddos.

Does that make black people bad or inferior? Of course not, this is a very complex, controversial issue with all sorts of socio-economic factors at play that will take a very long time to solve.

Suffice to say, the solution is a bit more complicated than "blame whitey for everything and fall for the dindunuffin meme."

Black people are their own worst enemy at this point. You're talking about a group of people who, with pride, purpose, and intent go out of their way to come off as "thugs" or "gangstas" and then cry profiling when they're regarded as such.

I (and a LOT of white people, most of us, honestly) are trying to be open minded but you gotta meet us halfway.

Just because we pick our battles (because saying anything politically incorrect is a great way to destroy your career, liberal neo-puritanism has done it's job) doesn't make you any less wrong.

Cops need to stop killing people. Black people need to get civilized. White people need to be more empathic.

Pointing fingers gets us nowhere.

this guy

Aparently it gets dumbasses like you to talk about it.

Let this shit fall off the news cycle holy shit.

wut

He posts both anti-Trump and anti-Clinton shit on Twitter

FPBP

It's not, it's just the Super Bowl. You're thinking of baseball, which has the World Series.

It all depends on how we look. Mulattos like Obama are considered black because that's how they look. Mulattos like Derek Jeter and Klay Thompson are considered "mixed" or even white because that's how they look.

Stopped reading your bullshit right there, fagit.

Nice b8 m8

Underrated post

>mfw in the same interview where he explained his reasoning he shit on hillary and called her a criminal but that was literally not reported by anyone

wow it's almost like there's some kind of bias going on!

I stopped reading at black victims. The majority of all those killings were justified, they were criminals who happened to be black. They would have been shot regardless of their race, because they acted like idiots and pretty asked to be killed. Stop being a fucking BLM apologist

Wtf no is discriminating against them. They bring it on themselves, they act like pieces of shit, people report them acting like pieces of shit. Then they start claiming racism and false representation.

the u.s. national anthem is racist.

read the lyrics, you fucking twerps

Black people commit over 50% of the homicides in this country. That's right. 13.5% of the populations kills more people than the other 86.5% combined. No wonder they get profiled by police.

So why doesn't #BLM draw attention to the dozens of black children murdered by gangs every month if they care so much about black lives?

White people get all uppity when talks of gun control starts and use the 2nd amendment as a crutch, but when a non-white expresses his 1st amendment, they start getting real racist.

This is the inequality he is exposing by simply sitting and it's making white people lose their shit because he's right.

If you denounce Colin's actions, you're only oppressing yourself because his rights are also your rights and if you don't respect another free man's constitutional rights, they'll stop respecting yours.

The statistics are certainly true. That's beyond the point though. Let me put it to you this way:

As a man you are much more likely to commit violent crime than a woman, statistically. How would you feel if, based on that, the justice system could treat you completely different? In fact, it does treat men differently very often. Women are more likely to get lesser systems for the same crimes as men (with same criminal history). In physical disputes between men and women, men are almost always presumed to be the aggressor. Let's not even get started on sex crime. A woman's mere accusation--with no evidence--can get a man put in prison, kicked out of school, and socially ostracized. This isn't a world, I'm sure, you want to live in. Assuming you believe that we should be treated equally as citizens, individuals shouldn't be at the mercy of the superficial group they happen to be a part of.

>women are more likely to get lesser systems
*lesser sentences

Didn't read lol

Optics. Optics. Optics.

Nobody wants him thrown in jail or his right to be an ungrateful piece of shit taken away. We just don't want him on our television screens on Sundays anymore, and no NFL coach wants to be answering social justice questions about their 3rd string quarterback less than 2 weeks before kickoff.

>wade speaks out for blm
>cousin gets dindu'd
>non story because black on black crime
really makes me think

It isn't a non-story. It was everywhere. It was not about black-on-black crime because it is better understood as a gang-violence-in-Chicago issue.

lol gender is the same as race now? GTFO of here. Men do commit more crime but thats because were men. We break shit, so ya we get treated differently, and sometimes unfairly. But its much different when its a specific group of men that cause this much fucking trouble you idiot. I live in a 99% latino neighborhood and we had a school riot a year ago. In a school thats 99% latino. Guess who made up the entirety of the rioters? Blacks. Every single black student at thats school was involved. Thats all i need to know about niggers and BLM and your leddit explaining isnt gonna change my mind you ass kisser

Americans play the national anthem everyday at school as well
They are all brainwashed
If you are in the military you are some sort of Demi God
If you criticise the military or disrespect the national anthem you are shunned
Most of them believe America is the 'greatest' country on the world KEK
It soviet level shit yet Americans still think they are a beacon of freedom

>open post with something that is factually inaccurate
>proceed to spout inaccurate shit
>remain smugly assured of your own superiority

hows it feel to be so assblasted about something you don't understand?

>gang-violence
aka black on black crime? how ironic is it that a superstar athlete says police should stop killing dindus and his cousin gets shot by niggers? it was a one day "this happened, how sad" and not "maybe we should consider that cops arent the problem in black communities"