Total Recall

I posit that this is one of the best, and the last "old school" sci-fi action film ever made

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LqQJOr4Rx5k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I guess you didn't see Serenity.

Fuck off, scrub.

rip in peace animatronics

this is now an oldschool sci-fi thread

>johnny mnemonic
>robocop
>blade runner
>they live
can't think of any others at this hours

Minority Report
Serenity
Terminator 2

I liked equilibrium. Not that old though.

>Oh yeah, RECALL RECALL RECALL

How about Edge of Tomorrow?

How is it old school

also valid

tr wins for me because it so expertly rides the line between him being an actual spy or being an mong in the rekal chair.

it makes you question the nature and validity of a fake personality while you're unsure about the nature and validity of the reality he's in.

all while being an easy watch for a 10 year old that likes explosions.

blinding stuff.

The alien reactor in the mountain still looks cool

>virtual sequel to total recall
>sequel to a tv show
>sequel to terminator

well done

true lies

>NB4 jaime lee curtis copypasta

universal soldier

point break

Edge of Tomorrow was shit

Please go back

Ronny Cox was like the ultimate head bad guy

That's irrelevant though

split second

Not the last, because you're ignoring The Matrix.

Great but not oldschool

I think it's a great and classic movie.

But there are things I don't mind being replaced

but that was the best part

Man the practical effects for this movie was great. I loved how disturbing those suffocating sequences were. I recently read the short story the movie was adapted from, boy was it vastly different.

>virtual sequel to total recall
the fuck u talking about

eat shit

not oldschool kid.
Also, it looks barely "okay" when compared to actual shit (also featuring cruise) like oblivion.

>same author of source material
>biggest superstar actor of the time in the lead
>A-list director
>science faction storyline

i'll only give you the first bulletpoint.

arnold and tom are two different kinds of "action star". The later just runs and acts all shocked. Arnold kicked ass.
Also, spielberg makes much "sterile" movies compared to verhoeven and his violence, social comentary and irony.

You can't just bring down lead actors and directors to "the biggest from their time/A-list".
I see your point tho. But i can't see any similarity between the actual two movies

HEY BENNY! SCREW YOU!

Arnold and Tom aren't much different, besides the fact that Tom has genuine acting talent. In their prime, put their name on the marquee and the film is a success. And both are believable badasses, you'd never want to mess with either guy.

I always thought Total Recal was overrated, its ok the first time seeing it but its not a movie I'd want to watch again

i watched it for the first time a year or two ago and i would watch it again no problem like any of those comfy movies you don't really care you know how they go.

well i kinda hate tom cruise so it might just be my opinion, but i don't buy his badass role in hollywood. I mean i don't mind him jumping off buildings onto planes, but being a tough guy like in jack reacher or whatever it was called? fuck off

12 Monkeys and The Fifth Element were both better and more recent

You really think you could take Tom Cruise in a fight? Keep in mind he's had over 3 decades of martial arts and weapons training and also may have Dianetics powers.

this. Total Recall is closer to Demolition Man than Blade Runner, Alien, etc.

How dare you compare demolition man to total recall

well he's a midget, so i might have a shot, but i'm sure he's full of hollywood magic to keep him young on his veins. And scientology. i'd watch out for that. It might be contagious.

fuck off samefag

Eraser
Serenity
The Abyss

>Terminator 2

He shoulda been in Starship Troopers.

Oh hey neat thread, some really good picks in here, including and especially Total Recall, Johnny Mnemonic, Serenity, They Live, Minority Report, and Equilibrium.

I would also recommend Impostor with Gary Sinise, it's a really good throwback sort of film and also a PKD adaptation.

you're thinking of source code

>equilibrium
I remember when I saw this thinking how it felt that the movie doesn't start until 15 minutes before it ends.

Also that final fight was really memorable to me for some reason, probably because of how incredibly stupid it was but in a good way.
youtube.com/watch?v=LqQJOr4Rx5k

>incredibly stupid
>but in a good way
That's a good description. I enjoyed rewatching that scene, haven't seen it in a while. Still it's pretty silly.

The book was 100 times better.

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Eraser
RoboCop
Escape from New York
Nightflyers
Innerspace
Trancers
Yamato yo Towa ni

That's a great movie. The Pizza Hut scenes made me lol.