>ignore every genre that isn't based around the album

hmm.....

burial sucks

no he actually had some quite good ideas and an original sound

>study music production
>99% of tutorial videos are edm garbage
>literally no melodies ever
>all vocals are generic scat from sample packs
>hundreds of mentions of "the drop" and "the rise" without a single mention of harmony, counterpoint, lyric, or melody.
>dude 808 lmao

The people you speak of OP are retarded but I saw EDM in your image and I hate that shit so I thought i'd share.

by EDM i mean electronic dance music as a whole, not American Electro House

no it's just average dub music made with modern technology

thats not what dub music is idiot

burial is a rockist's 'oh yeah, i like other music, the list goes on...' favourite

Any genre elitist is probably AIDS incarnate

yeah it is if you have a brain enough to look past superficial differences

who the fuck are you even talking about? other people you've argued with on Sup Forums?

its the similarities that are superficial, you realize dubstep doesnt come from dub music yeah?

you realize drum and bass comes from dub?

you realize garage comes from house and the 'dub' suffix was borrowed from dub techno?

house music in general is related to dub music. regardless you are going on about shit that is irrelevant to burial being average dub music in the first place. You clearly only understand what labels you read and not the sonic qualities they describe in the first place. you are a casual dumbass pleb

>if i completely ignore the context of this music i can pretend its only slightly above average

you will use greentext because you don't understand what is being said to you.

burial still sucks

>yeah it is if you have a brain enough to look past superficial differences

you sound like a really biased listener

I'm actually aware of the larger context that shows me how much burial sucks. You guys can't get past pitchfork EDM tier shit like burial and assume it's great cause you don't know better music.

if you have such little knowledge of music that you think burial is dub music then i can see why you wouldn't understand what makes burial good

see

mind expounding on this larger context then? i'm open to learning.

>You guys can't get past pitchfork EDM tier shit like burial and assume it's great cause you don't know better music
i live in bristol and go dance every weekend mate and burial is good

didn't think so, tool.

Not dub music dumby.