youtu.be/Rk5EiCLQ9Is
youtu.be/KSEtMZh2exc
youtube.com/watch?v=GMV4kwbSdw4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

who?

Everyone's parents die eventually.

Jack Daniel

everyone turns on him for being a "joke thief"
none of what came out of his mouth could be considered jokes.

Lots of comedians go through shit, you don't see them stealing jokes.

I never understood why anyone thought he was funny

Who is he???

He WAS a joke thief, though. It's just very unfortunate that his personal life collapsed during the same time frame.

Dale Crock

That's James Hook

oh that sucks. i really liked his comedy and then i didnt see him anymore. his latest wasnt bad though.

I thought it was James Curk

I have hours of material, why would I steal a joke?

Hi Dale Chef!

get out of here dane

No it's Jim Cuck.

>Dane Cook's career gets ruined when rumors surface that he stole jokes.
>Amy Shumer's career is still going strong despite the fact that there is video evidence of it on youtube.

It really grinds me gears how all these beta stand-up orbiters jumped on the Amy defense force when hardly anybody stood up for Dane Cook. It honestly reaks of jealousy from other comedians at the time. Also the fact that male comedians love circle-jerking female comedians and make them out to be much better than they are. One of the reasons Sarah Silverman is a thing.

Also, Dane Cook is a funny guy. Not to me but he came during a time when standup was sorta down at the time in my opinion and recolection. Dave Chappelle went underground, there wasn't really any big stand-up sellers like him at the time. I'm of course talking about that 2006 to 2008 time frame.

>2016:
>Become so irrelevant that you get blown the fuck out by fans of an internet celebrity, AVGN because you wanted brownie points for calling out a sexist who didn't like the new ghost busters trailer and refuses to watch the movie.

Shit, Joe Rogan almost single-handedly led the crusade against Carlos Mencia. He pretty much wrecked that guy's career.

Then Rogan defends Shumer for doing worse shit than Mencia ever did, with way more proof too.

I lost all respect for Joe when he did that shit.

The only funny thing about dane cook is the "no one's laughing now" image.

I would like to see that video

>2006 was 25 years ago

i liked that special when he talks about bad public bathrooms

when did joe defend shumer?

I don't remember anything about him being a joke thief, I thought people just figured out he was a hack for having a set that was 60% running around making funny noises.

youtu.be/Qv0eWN8v_tg

The important part to note is not whether its true or not. But the fact that there is more evidence whether it being true or not that she steals joke. Carlos Mencia and Dane Cook both got fucked with less than what Amy Schumer has on her. Why does she get a pass? Male comedians are some of the most petty hypocrite cunts when it comes to other male comics. If you're in their click they'll praise the fuck out of you to everyone. Same with women comics, praise all around and they cant do no wrong.

But guys like Mencia and Cook, who at the time where selling shows left and right. These other comics at the time absolutely trashed them till they point they collectively ruined their reputations. Like I said before, it just reaks of jealousy.

joe never defended schumer. he just didn't attack her for it. It's like that friend you have that beats his wife but you don't mention it unless he tries calling you a rapist because you slept with a possibly too-drunk-to-consent girl ONE TIME.

I remember videos comparing dane cook's stuff and louis ck's stuff before louis made it big. At least it's gotten to the point where they can make fun of it now
youtube.com/watch?v=-xP-m4tE4ys

dane's cook first comedy central special was quite good. he had a very unique style and seemed to genuinely enjoy performing.

i think the issue is that he had trouble with the amount of rapid success he received; he was in a position i think where artisitically he wanted to evolve, but at the same time, felt the pressure to perform as this caricature of himself.

the gimmicks started to feel forced, because i think they were forced for him. the joke stealing may also have been a result of the pressure to put out new material in the wake of the surge of success he received.

then again, i read the tweet he said about james rolfe and the ghost busters thing, and i think he could also just genuinely be retarded.

There was an episode of his podcast where her joke thievery was discussed and he defended her.

He used all the same excuses that Mencia tried to use against him too. It was disgusting.

I was 13.

>then again, i read the tweet he said about james rolfe and the ghost busters thing, and i think he could also just genuinely be retarded.
is there anyone who didn't tweet about that non-issue that isn't genuinely retarded

Found it.

youtu.be/Rk5EiCLQ9Is

Was it an episode she was on? Link with timestamp?

>is there anyone who tweeted about that non-issue that isn't genuinely retarded*

looks like i'm genuinely retarded too

Dane Cook had a couple of funny jokes, but he was always overrated and his jokes were kinda lazy.

What a fucking hack

I knew it

he didn't defend her. I think he was very careful about trying to not sound like he was defending her. He said he doesn't know anything for sure. He admitted joke thievery was going on but said it may have been her writters (for the jokes in her show) and he can't know for sure. He clearly thinks she did but doesn't want to attack a friend so he takes a half-assed neutral stance.

somebody make a JUSTed dane cook

>I was here but not as a faggot

he talks quickly and runs around a lot

aren't Amy Schumer's stolen jokes commonly recycled material that no one has claimed ownership of? I mean there is no threat of her being a big star at this point, she's basically worn out her welcome just by being mediocre.

no. Just like joe rogan said in the linked video, there's a difference between following a similar premise and almost word for word recitation. She can't even steal jokes properly, at least dane cook and mencia changed up the words.

When do we get to the point where we just run out of original jokes though? Like there are only so many combinations of words and shit, how are you supposed to come up with 100% original ideas when so much of the good jokes are already out there?

Zane Barbecue

Fuck off with your shitty redditor memes Dannyboytbh.

anything can be a joke. you just have to understand how context works. watch Stewart Lee.

youtu.be/KSEtMZh2exc

As long as new things keep happening, you can't run out of jokes.

But that wasn't funny at all

>He admitted joke thievery was going on
No, he said she dindu nothing and one of her show writers had an originality problem, but no proof jokes were stolen because the accusers backed down.

You can tell by his tone and body language that he really knows what she did and she is in for a rough year, but there is some sort of denial and delusional thinking giving him some cognitive dissonance, but his words were definitely defensive and he definitely used Mencia's same excuses for her not realizing she is just doing a generic slam piggy act stealing all the generic slutty jokes to capitalize on a niche audience and not giving one ounce of sincere perspective just like Mencia did with the generic latino wetback act.

>you just have to understand how context works

>he said she dindu nothing
no he didn't. stop looking for conspiracies.
he even says if she wasn't his friend and wasn't so liked amongst comedians she'd be fucked. He literally says if she was carlos mencia people would have her head.

Yes, but because its her, he doesn't know, its probably her writers have originality problems because there is just too much content out there now to know if someone just had similar ideas and she is great, it should blow over soon because all the accusers have backed down and she sells out arenas.

youtube.com/watch?v=GMV4kwbSdw4

top kek

>wasn't so liked amongst comedians
>liked

I wonder if this is code for anything.