Worst TV show you stuck with

pic related
>le doctor mcgyver who can't find love

there were some hot chicks on that show.

I just keep it as background noise now

I remember this show. I didn't like the first episodes, but the teen girl was hot so I kept watching for a while. Don't think I watched all of season one. Apparently it's still on. I never would have guessed.

WASPy chicks all over

For a finale it will always be Dexter, they should have stopped after the first season.

For overall though, Supernatural is definitely the show that was decent enough even great at times and has been running so long now that it may never die.

I watched all of this shit. It was so forgettable, I can't even remember anyone's name but Michael's.

Forgot my pic

Amen
Divya gets me going too, I think its partially her accent.

How could you forget Belic and his sacrifice?

Also, T-Bag.

The Walking Dead
Sons of Anarchy
Dexter

First and second season were good and then it turned to shit. One of the worst ends to a series I've ever seen.

SoA at least had a decent ending, it just needed to happen much sooner.

I will never not be mad about Dexter.

In my teenage years, it was either Two and a Half Men or The Big Bang Theory. Of course, I didn't know better back then. Thankfully I grew out of sitcoms.

Holy shit SoA had one of the worst finales I've ever seen.

Yeah, Supernatural was breddy gud for a while, especially in the first few seasons.

But the problem with a show like that is it's hard to follow up something like the apocalypse when that's supposed to be the ultimate struggle for mankind.

After they sealed Lucifer back in his cage, the show started to decline a little. The sense of danger to the world and to the Winchesters steadily became less and less, thus the drama was less impactful.

The more big threats they encountered, the less threatening other things from their past seemed (vampires, werewolves, demons, witches, etc).

I'll give the writers credit. They still managed to keep things interesting by focusing on the Winchester's co-dependence on each other, but that got old after a while too.

Things really took a turn for the worse after Bobby died. Then they killed Kevin and Charlie: two decent minor characters that I kinda cared about. (They were cool, but they weren't Bobby Singer).

Things really started to get bad in seasons eight and nine. Especially nine. That whole "Dean's a demon" arc sucked monkey balls.

This past season wasn't half bad, but it still had shades of season nine in it in terms of the lack of tension and drama at times.

The God-was-chuck-the-whole-time twist was neat, I guess.

But now I have no earthly idea where the series is going. It's lived way past its prime. It should have ended LOOONG ago, but I guess it's fandom kept it alive.

The only hint for the next direction of the series is that it will have to do with the Men of Letters. I can't imagine that THAT will be very exciting. But I've stuck it out this long. I guess I gotta see where it goes.

Supernatural makes me feel like a husband in a stale relationship. Occasionally I remember why I fell in love, but the romance is long over. I feel like leaving for new pastures, but I'm curious to see if she has anything new to offer that I don't know about, which is the only thin thread holding me there.

Oh, and the past few seasons had a TON of bottle episodes that either completely forsook the main arc or only briefly touched upon it.

Had there been less filler and more focus on the main story arc over the last few seasons, I might feel differently about Supernatural.

>God was Chuck the whole time

wut

It just kept getting worse and worse.
only thing that stayed consistent were rose bryne and glenn close's acting chops.

glad I'm not the only one

Have you not watched this past season of Supernatural?

I haven't watched since they kicked all the angels out of heaven. Kinda got bored of it.

Short version: Winchesters keep wanting to save each other and keep making worse shit happen because of it. Eventually they release the Darkness (God's sister) who has been imprisoned since pretty much the beginning of everything.

God steps returns after the Darkness fucks shit up cause she's a pouty bitch who hates what God did to her and hates God's creation.

Turns out God never left, he just sat on the sidelines as Chuck, the profit, watching shit happen like an asshole and doing nothing to stop it. He basically left it up to the ding-dong Winchesters to fix shit.

Long version

I don't blame you. Well, if you're not getting back into it then I'll explain.

I actually got the seasons wrong by one in my long-ass post. This past season was season 11.

Anyway, after the angels are kicked out of heaven,

>A knight of hell is set loose by Winchester time travel hijinks
>Dean gets mark of Cain from Cain himself as well as a special knife made from a donkey jawbone (I think) in order to kill said knight of hell
>Mark makes Dean have murderous impulses
>If Dean doesn't kill someone, he'll turn into a demon
>Kills knight of hell
>Metatron I think is on the loose in the same season as well because he took over heaven with the angel tablet and has god-like powers. He causes mischief of course.
>Metatron stopped, but kills Dean before he's stopped
>Crowley takes advantage of Mark of Cain to turn Dean into demon

Next Season:
>Dean's a demon.
>He and Crowley are bff's
>Dean is a loose cannon as a demon
>Sam manages to restore his humanity with the blessed human blood trick they learned a while back and tried on Crowley
>Rest of season is managing Dean's murderous urges while trying to find a way to remove the mark
>Find book of the damned
>Get Crowley's mother, a bitchy irish witch (technically old as fuck) to perform spell from book to remove mark
>simultaneously Dean and Sam are meeting with Death and discussing the possibility of taking Dean somewhere safe because removing the mark will release the Darkness (God's sister)
>Sam convinces Dean there's another way (but Dean doesn't know about the spell, cause Winchesters are assholes and don't tell each other things)
>Dean kills Death with his own sickle
>Sam realizes he needs to stop the spell ( or something, I can't remember)
>Too late, spell done lol
>Darkness released

Next season:
>Darkness inhabits human host, starts as babbeh
>Crowley steals babbeh Darkness to raise and use as weapon

I could never regret sticking with it sure the ending was shit but it had some pretty great seasons, 5 was definitely my favorite.

So why did God fuck off in the first place? Just got bored?

I thought ending was terrible but after rewatch I understood that ending was bretty good and seasons 3 and 4 were trash.

I'll explain, hold your butt.

> USA network executive 1: "It's a show about a brilliant heart surgeon but the catch is he's literally retarded."
> USA network executive 2: "Which large body of nearby water is it set next to?"
> Exec 1: "Uh, it was set in Kansas City."
> Exec 2: "You're fucking fired. We don't make shows without coastlines as co-stars."

True Blood

It was just terrible.

Sorry, kinda wrote these posts out of order

cont.

>Babbeh grows fast and eats tons o' souls (human and demon) to gain strength
>Dean gets major boeners from Darkness and she (the host it inhabited was female) gets lady boeners from Dean
>Appears in Dean's dreams
>Dean tries to kill grown up darkness at Crowley's place, fails, Darkness leaves
>Lots of filler episodes and a few main arc episodes later, Metatron is digging around in a dumpster for food and is having bad luck when God, from out of left field, snatches him up and takes him to his super secret bunker (that's looks like an old sports bar/lounge)
>God wants Metatron to help him write shit like in the old days
>God isn't honest at first, Metatron cajoles him
>God starts spilling the truth
>Amounts to him saying some pseudo-profound analogies about being a parent and letting his kids learn for themselves
>Winchesters, God, Metatron, Crowley, Crowley's irish witch mother, and Lucifer (oh yeah, he managed to trick Castiel into loaning his vessel in order to defeat the Darkness) come up with a plan to stop the Darkness and send her back to timeout
>Manage to weaken her significantly with an all out assault
>Even got rammed through the abdomen with some holy spear or something (not explained) from Lucifer
>God tries to transfer the mark to Sam (pre-agreed in the plan) to seal her away
>She somehow overpowers him and mortally wounds him
>Last ditch effort, fill Dean full o' souls to make a spirit bomb (yay DBZ reference)
>Darkness is in some courtyard full of flowers, looking at a dying sun (which is going dark cause God's dying) and contemplating shit
>Talks to random old lady about relatives n' shit
>Dean comes
>Clock ticking
>More exposition
>Somehow talks the Darkness into quitting her dumb crusade to kill her brother and annihilate the universe
>Summons God there and heals him
>God sucks souls outta dean
>God and Darkness pirouette outta Compton as light and dark swirling energies

Last contd.

>Sam doesn't know Dean's alive cause God and Darkness just leave him there like assholes
>Sam back at Men of Letters bunker in Kansas
>Men of Letters lady (yeah it's a weird contradiction) is there waiting for him
>Shots fired
>Cut to black
>oooh suspense, I guess

Belic? T-Bag??

For me, True Blood. My gosh.... Horrible.

Any show revolving completely around vampires, zombies, and/or werewolves I avoid like the plague.

I did say in this thread that I like supernatural; however, vampires, werewolves and the like are usually relegated to bottle episodes that rarely have any real significance to the main arc of the show.

Only episode I can think of that had such creatures and also tied in to the main story line that season was one involving vampires. Even then, they were just obstacles in the way of advancing the plot. (They had an item the main characters needed.)