/Chelsea/ general

So what's the verdict on the Luiz and Alonso signings?

I'm pleased to have Luiz back, but also worried about where this leaves Zouma and Christensen. Also the fact that Luiz was our 5th or 6th choice, hope the club are making the right decision. Regardless it will be fun to have him back.

As for Alonso, how many better LBs were even on the market? Not many, I'm happy, this is a guy Conte knows and will _hopefully_ mean that Brani no longer starts.

As a side note I wonder what will happen to players like Solanke and Piazon who haven't been shipped out anywhere.

Chelsea starting XI

----------------------Courtouis

Azpilicueta-----Luiz-----JT-------------Alonso

-----------Oscar----------Kante----------Fabregas

----William----------------Costa------------Hazard

We are looking a lot stronger than a week ago. Plus Zouma to come backas well

Geezers back, which raises the question of what Zouma's role will be..

Taking over from JT

zouma wont be playing untill maybe january hes still got months of recovery then at least another month of u21 games to get back to fitness

I'm assuming that Luiz was brought in to be a starter. So who gets dropped, Cahill or JT?

Baba might as well have stayed instead of Alonso and Luiz might be alright with Zouma

Cahill

good thread

current team is trash:

>luiz
>batshuayi (i saw him play at lot last year trust me hes shit)
>Fabregas doesnt care at all
>old as fuck JT
>ivanovic
>costa only wants to go back in spain
>oscar getting free starts despite being complete garbage
>that bench

Kante is the only thing preventing this team from collapse

>3 goals and an assist in like 100 minutes of game time this year

okay N'Golo Muhammed

--------------------Begovic
--------Luiz----------JT----------Zouma
--Dave-------Kante-----fabregas----itaDef
---------Willian-------Costa---------hazard

Cortouis can not dive down, keeping him and selling Cech was our biggest mistake.

Cech is no longer young, at most he can only have ~3 years peak time.

Buffon turns 40 this year, you're logic has a flaw. :)

As someone who is not a fan of Chelsea FC I see a lot of potential they need to get rid of their back room staff. How do you have 38 players on loan?

Develop the younger players. Give them time to play. Develop a culture. Develop the youngsters who love and breathe the Blues. So when guys like Lampard, Drogba, Essien, and Terry get older you can replace them. They have a very solid team but they lack the heart that Chelsea teams had in the past. I am a Bayern fan but brother is an Arsenal fan so I always rooted for Arsenal in the premier league but I am seeing the same pattern with Chelsea. No heart and it is all about money.

I agree. We used to have heart, throughout all of our years but until very recently the money has become the key factor for players. Not pride. We had culture, young players but our owner wants success my man. He won't listen to fans, just to that snake emanalo or whatever his damn name is.

Absolute shit lad.

Because Chicago Fire has a better team so you know what's shit.

Have you even watched Chelsea this season?

>Luiz
Unfair to write him off completely before he has even kicked a ball under Conte
Seems to be flourishing under Conte, has already scored 3 goals and had a game winning assist.
>Fabregas doesn't care at all
Yet he publicly said on Twitter he wants to stay and all the rumours of him wanting to move were false
>Old as fuck JT
Okay
>Ivanovic
That's why we brought in Marcos Alonso
>Costa only wants to go back to spain
He certainly looked like he is enjoying his time at Chelsea after he scored the winner against West Ham.
>Oscar getting free starts despite being complete garbage
I don't rate Oscar too much either but he isn't the worst player in the world.
>That bench
Our subs have been fantastic, Victor Moses is like a new player.

It's way too early to start being all dramatic and without Champions League football to distract us this season this squad can easily make Top 4 and potentially even fight for the title.

When has Luis ever been Chelsea's 4th or 5th choice CB?

Lies. Same thing with Manchester United. Everyone always says give the youth a chance but not if it comes at the expense of current success. My thinking is that the two are mutually exclusive

You have to be patient as an owner. Rome was not built in one day. They should bring guys who are coachers nowadays that were apart of the team in the 2000s. I think guys like Hazard or Oscar can be the role models for Chelsea. It takes time and patience.

>chelshit general
Let's see how long you mob money plastics keep this running, doubt it goes a full day.

>this squad can easily make Top 4 and potentially even fight for the title.
chelsea have it in the bag already, look better than two seasons ago when they walked it

It probably won't because we aren't autistic faggots who spend all day having a group wank over a players latest instagram picture of his dogs

>e-everyone that shits on chelshit is an arsenal fan
Top fucking delusion. Enjoy sideshow bob again you cunts.

I never said you were an Arsenal fan but you seem to know a lot about what goes on in their general huh

I know for the time being Luiz will be used at CB, but I hope >we utilise his ability as a midfielder once Kurt returns. He is so, so, SO much better as a central midfielder, think back to when Mourinho first put him there in the second half of 13/14 against the big teams. With a DM pairing of Matic and Luiz we dominated City away, bossed the midfield as we knocked PSG out of the Champions League, and beat Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs in the league. They were an insane combo. Luiz was allowed to play how he evidently wants to; making runs, joining in attacks, going for occasional blooters, spreading balls to the wings and releasing strikers from deep. He was afforded these luxuries because if he made an error which we know he is prone to doing, Matic and the defensive line were there to sweep up.

What I want to see in the future is pic related. Kante can cover the back 4 so well and he can effectively babysit Luiz while he does his thing a little further up the pitch. Think of how physical and intimidating that 3 man midfield would be, something we have lacked for a while now. Luiz is a very technically skilled footballer going forward, this system just makes sense to me. He could even have license to go in the number 10 role on attacks or if we need a goal, with Matic dropping back alongside Kante.

Lies? I'm sorry, has you're family been following Chelsea for the last 52 years?

I agree with the patience, unfortunately owner has none :/. I'll be here long after the success is gone, so for now I'll just enjoy it.

Personally I want Kante and Fabregas playing next to each other. Matic should be dropped, he's only been there because players like Cahill and Ivanovic can't be trusted anymore.

I would be okay with Fabregas taking Matic's place in that formation if it's a game we should be winning and one in which we need creative quality to unlock a packed defence. I still have faith in Matic to do a job at Old Trafford, Etihad, Emirates etc though. Fabregas gets brushed aside too easily against the good teams when they attack us.

Not true. Burnley away, Everton away and Swansea at home in the first 4 games were absolutely mesmerising attacking performances by Chelsea. Remember that Fabregas assist vs Burnley, Costa and Hazard destroying Everton in the 6-3, Costa's hattrick against Swansea...

Goodison Park is Chelsea's bogey ground yet they scored six past an Everton team who didn't even play badly.

This season has seen a decent performance against a very underwhelming West Ham with a late winner, a decent attacking display at Watford which only kicked in once Watford scored and required a late winner, and a very good attacking performance against Burnley. Nowhere near the heights of the start of 14/15.

I do tip Chelsea to win the league, but you're overreacting there.

tbf Fabregas made an absolute peach of a pass in the Watford game. I don't think we'll win the league but making top 4 would be fine by me, can't see anyone but City winning it this year.

Guardiola soon to be exposed.

he doesn't even turn 39 until next year

Is Christian Pulisic the onlyman who can save Chelsea?

top 4 is real la

this. Luiz is too attack minded a defender and too defensive minded to be an attacker. That Matic/Luiz pairing gave Chelsea those quick and lethal counter attacks in the big games, if we had had a striker who actually scored, Chelsea could have easily won the title in 2014-2015.

Objectively worse than both Manchester clubs and Arsenal lads. Off to a good start but I've a feeling once the league has figures conte out well come third or fourth. Even liverpools pace had the potential to slice up our defence
/worried/

We'll be fine. Don't need to beat the other top 4 teams to win the league

You guys have the 3rd best squad; clearly behind City and United, comfortably ahead of Arsenal and Spurs IMO

You lucky Chelsea fucks, you don't even realize your biggest strength comes from Conte, all these signings don't really matter because Conte improves even the biggest hacks by 30-40%.

t. Liverpool fag

>Not a Chelsea fan
>Not understanding the Chelsea loan strategy
I can see the issue here.

As someone else who isn't a Chelsea fan either, is it really that hard to understand?

>buy young player
>if younger than 19 bring to London to train with a world-class coaching staff
>send out on loan to hopefully get first team football somewhere
>If player does well, they'll probably get a better loan
>Sell off players who clearly won't be good enough, usually make profit, sometimes break even, at worst a small loss
>~2-3% of the time you end up with a KdB, Lukaku, Christensen caliber player and either integrate them into the first team or sell them for a huge profit
>drink fine scotch while laughing at FFP

>Chelsea has extensive scouting and expertise on loan
>Not fair to FFP
Is that what you are saying?

I think FFP is a joke in the first place, but that's not what I'm saying. It's a really smart strategy because as I mentioned you'll end up buying some kids who turn into star players and it's also an extremely low-risk form of revenue (which allows the club to potentially spend more).

I am glad if you are not the who is questioning the merit of loaning 38 players

>Chelsea could have easily won the title in 2014-2015.
They did.

Out of the current loanees, aside from Christensen who is a gimme, who else could you see as a potential first XI player for Chelsea?

One more question, who do you rate more highly between RLC and Chalobah?

>aside from Christensen
Even Christensen is not a gimme. We are a top 8 European side the elite levels youth have to reach is hard. They have to be one of the top 100 players in the world. To get into Chelsea 1st XI

Who knows?
Nathan Ake, Lucas Piazon?

Player investments are player investments.
Some of them can move to the 1st team, some of them are moving to the other teams with transfer fee.

I was saying he's the easiest one to guess will get there out of all the loaned players, not that he's guaranteed a spot.

Chalobah by miles. RLC seems relies too much on his physical attributes rather than technique which you can get away with at youth level. I remember last season in a prem game where he went hip to hip with a much smaller player and got bounced off the ball by him. He also doesn't have the stamina to play in midfield, which is why Conte is trying him as a striker.

Chelshit get Luiz while Valencia gets Garay. Kek

I like the idea of such a formation but you'd have to sacrifice Kante completely and Matic/Luiz at least partially, leaving a gaping hole in midfield. Making Azza defend is just too big a waste.

>all these retards starting terry over cahill

Cahill is shakier than fucking Michael J. Fox

Wouldn't say they're comfortably ahead of Arsenal, on a good day those shitheads are unstoppable. Spurs are similar but it's already apparent that they lack the depth/experience to sustain a challenge for the title.

Got a feeling United will capitulate desu. The team hasn't been as convincing l, though city has been ruthless. With the new signings Arse have they have more rotation options but all that comes down to them not having many injuries and also a spine- something we haven't seen since the invincibles. Really see this as a City vs Chelsea league this season with maybe United or Arsenal making a run of it

Wish there were more English lads in the team, if Zouma comes back and takes either JT or Cahill's spot, Chelsea will have a completely foreign starting XI.

Luiz wasn't the first choice target but probably as good as we good get at this point. Sure he isn't the most reliable defender but at least he loves the club and will inject some passion into the dressing room. Alonso seems to be a Conte signing so I trust him, anyways he he should shift Azpi to the right meaning we will have two fullbacks who can actually be effective at going forward/crossing. Zouma and Christensen will be fine. Zouma is still recovering form his injury and should start playing regularly at around winter time. Christensen will hopefully come back and be in the first team. Cahill and Terry are pretty old, Terry will probably retire after this year and Cahill may lose his place as a starter.

What is the point of keeping RLC around?He needs to be playing and he's not going to break into the first team in a big way without serious injuries across the squad.He's not a striker, so they need to end this meme and Conte obviously doesn't rate him in midfield.So why not loan him out like the other 38 guys?I'm sure some lower table PL team would have found a use for him.

If you are thinking a self-proclaimed "the #1 source for Chelsea news" can be considered as a true gauge of chelsea fan, you have a serious judgment problem. It is obvious that he sells controversies in his website.

Is Sup Forums aware Chelsea have signed the Spanish Lee Hughes?Alonso is a murderer.

he is good for news not personal opinions. He slated Alonso on Friday saying that we have better players in the youth team and on loan but a couple of days after he complained about fans who were slating Alonso.

Hate both of them. David Luiz is an error prone donkey who should remain in midfield or some other poverty league

Marcos Alonso is a painfully average left back. The only reason anyone is happy about these signings is because we're all desperate for a defender.

As for all the loan players, the only players that have a chance making it at the club that aren't on the bench already are Tammy Abraham, Jay dasilva, Christensen, and Bertrand Traore.

The rest should get out of this cancerous club immediately

t. Angry french West Ham fan

We need Chelsea generals more often, not Eternal reddit often but more often definitely

Who /seasonticket/ here?

>making us look like as delusional as Arsenal fans
>Chelsea fans never said "Jose out" and certainly have no need to yell "Conte out" this season
No

I said jose out

desu I was Jose out last season

thanks, "chelsea" fans, you can go back to your "eternal" thread.

>JFs pretending to be propa fans

I want non-EU JF plastics to leave

He's pretty much our 3rd striker. Solanke is still hanging about but I doubt he'll be seeing much game desu

Anyone feel like we missed a trick not keeping Bertrand. We've literally spunked over 50mill on left backs since 2014

I want non english fans out

would that include Abramovich?

>Ake went to Bournememe so he could play as a CM
>only came off the bench in the first couple matches
>they go and sign fucking Wilshere
Ok so he'll probably get injured at some point, but it's not looking good for Ake. Another loan deal messed up by Chelsea

That would include hazard and bats

yeah good luck with pedro (fucking kek) on the left and RLC as your backup striker when Costa inevitably gets banned for a number of games

Wish we were in the EL tbqh. Dunno why people shit on it, it's a fun competition and a great chance to play back-ups and youth players.

As it stands you're right, RLC will basically not play at all. He's getting paid £50k a week too

Solanke is an actual striker and he exists. Scored 7 goals in 25 Eredivisie games last season and is only 18.

Last year's marquee deadline day signing Michael Hector is on loan at Frankfurt and managed to get sent off in his first two games

>eredivisie stats
Problem is you never know whether you get a Suarez or a Memepiss

Solanke will never make it at this club, sorry desu.

Luiz - Very likeable guy, I'm happy to have him back but let's not act like he's a good defender, Koulibaly would have been a much better signing. Hopefully he minimises his mistakes until next year when we have Christensen back but even then I think gambling on Zouma being just as good as he was coming back from an ACL, and Christensen being as good in the PL as the bundesliga is risky.

Alonso - Can't say I watched enough Fiorentina games lately to judge but when even a youtube highlight video can't make this guy look good to me I'm seriously worried.

Batshuayi and Kante are great signings though and Hazard looks like he's going to be good again so hopefully it'll be enough for top 4 this year.

To be fair to Arsenal fans if a manager had shown little ambition in the transfer market (bar two big signings in a long time) and seemed happy for the club to settle for just getting a CL spot every season for the last 10 years I'd want him out too.

who is RLC

If your flag isn't British please fuck off out of this thread you foreign cunts, Chelsea doesn't like you, Chelsea doesn't want you

Only our players, right?

This.

He will become our new Desailly and take on captaincy. Then later on down the line some young English CB will partner Zouma in his last games at Chelski and take the armband.

That seems really long even for an ACL injury. For someone who relied so much on his athleticism this is really worrying

You'd think that, and then you remember the video images. Good for him he's a disgusting weeb so he can keep himself busy in the meantime.

cech has always said he's retiring at 36 due to head problems

chelsea are a player agency.. no issue here

chelsea started being shit after the spurs 5-3

RLC is like barkley... all style no substance.. chalobah actually has some quality, but he's kinda weak

chelsea fucked up by not making AC a one year loan.. he could be playing for chelsea

then the next after him are Traore, Musonda, Aké, Baker, Kenedy and Solanke, maybe Abraham

should have stayed desu

remember when mou called out RLC for being lazy.. he still is

is it 5 years ago?

nope

he ded.. permaded

I want him back
I want Robben back
I want Cuddicini back
I want Makelele, Crespo, Mutu, De Goey, Le saux, Dennis Wise, Lampard, Gronkjaer, Duff, Joe Cole, Ballack, Drogba, maybe even Boswinga could come along

I don't know this Chelsea team