His going to be alright isn't he Sup Forums?

His going to be alright isn't he Sup Forums?

Yea, the movie will not make much profit, but it will pay for itself, Blizz will still throw money for a part 2 as a commercial for their games

He needs to get back to making his own movies

>the movie will not make much profit
pic related is only the beginning

They need to make like 400 mil to get get even. It will get there

I think so !!!

Of course he's already blowing the fuck outta interviewers causing them to have mental breakdowns during interview

Wait hasn't it already recouped it's production and advertising budget after those big numbers in China I thought it need 280 mil to break even, altho that is only based on another user's post earlier so I guess I could be wrong, but pretty sure production budget was 160 mil and after ads and distribution it was about 280 and it's already crossed 300 mil

Does anyone have another link to the interviewer trying to troll him, the original one that was posted here got taken down

doesn't 'get even' mean budget=box office, or am I missing something?

ty my man

Yeah that's what I assume, btw Imbut for teh budget I factored in not just the films cost but the cost of advertising and distribution. Like those people who said the budget for BvS was $400 mil thinking that was the production budget but it actually included distribution and worldwide ad campaigns

>big numbers in china
everyone keeps saying this. The chinese numbers are pretty middling on the side of outright bad. Maybe 180m in 8 days. Even with the larger cut due to legendary being owned by china, the fact its only made a grand total of 300m so far and has fallen completely off in every market kinda indicates shits over.

So those people saying it needs $500 mil to get even are trying to tell me it had bigger advertising budget than BvS? I only see minimal advertising for it, only some posters and 2 very shitty trailers. Movie portals don't even get hyped over it, whereas everyone was getting wet before BvS came out and that movie was everywhere.

it needs around 500m because the studio doesn't get the entirety of the ticket cost... So if its 160m + 100m marketing, and it only gets ~50% of the gross...

I think it is more like 75% unless it varies from country to country but I worked in one here in Aus and after GST the cinema gets like a 20% cut and I don't think it's 500 mil but after Distribution, cinema cut, advertising and tax i thought they needed roughly 350 mil top break even but that is just an estimate I could be wrong, but often if a movie that costs a total of 350 mil doesnt make 500 mil the studio decides to invest the money in more profitable ventures as far as I can tell. I may be wrong tho and im open to any info anyone else has because I find it interesting.

>the only reason he's anywhere near Hollywood died at the start of the year

I'm sure he'll be fine

ausfags likely had to agree to that low a cut to get theatrical releases of movies period. In china, because of how huge the market is, studios happily agreed to only 25% of ticket sales (55% if the distributor is owned by china, like legendary is) and it is different for every country, with ausfailia being one of the highest studio cut regions and the rest of the world varying pretty wildly between that high point and china's low point.

To be fair, he kinda made a decent name for himself with moon and source code. The fact he can eat shit and smile will probably ensure him a pretty decent career as an actual director... if warcraft didn't flop, that is.

>>the only reason he's anywhere near Hollywood died at the start of the year

Honestly, what do you base this on?
He made small indie movie, then a small movie and now a big budget movie.

It's not like he got a big project from the get go, he has worked his way up

Okay so it does vary between countires, thanks for the heads up, because I've also living in Ireland and the cinema there was so cheap at $ euro a ticket were as where i worked in rural Aus a 3D ticket for a movie over 2 hrs was $15.50.

I actually find this stuff interesting so thanks for the info

>Aus a 3D ticket for a movie over 2 hrs was $15.50

Ausfags getting but blasted by every industry in the world. fucking beautiful

the guy you responded to here, when I am studying in Sydney at uni there's a theater near by that is $8 for students I was talking about my really rural area where the nearest cinema is 45 mins away and the population is so low that if they dont charge that much they wont make enough money