FLYING MICROTONAL BANANA LEAK THREAD

Pretty big departure from Nonagon Infinity, I definitely like it but I don't know where it ranks against their other stuff yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?0w4g67u4f7amf56
www51.zippyshare.com/v/itWeuLnv/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You have the link?

I got it on rutracker, other places probably also have it.

Sup Forums won't care until fantano drops a review. I think it's decent anyway.

This is Gizz we're talking about, every album is a pretty big departure. They've got an album coming later in the year that's described as a nonagon follow-up, anyway.

I liked it a lot. I wouldn't say it's better than Nonagon but definitely up there with Quarters! and Mind Fuzz

not as microtonal as I expected
Rattlesnake is an awesome opener (idc if it's too long, it's really groovy)
Nonagon>I'm in your mind=float along>FMB

Objective ranking
Nonagon Infinity > Float Along - Fill Your Longs > I'm In Your Mind Fuzz > Paper Mache Dream Balloon > Flying Microtonal Banana > Quarters > Oddments > 12 Bar Bruise > Eyes Like the Sky

I WAS WAITING FOR THIS

I'm really liking it. Very mellow compared to their other albums, and a definite jazzy feel throughout.
I agree with somewhat; I think the microtonal aspects aren't very obvious. Some parts here and there that had me grinning though.
Would say Open Water is my favourite track so far.

I am better at audacity now and have made an autism-friendly version (truncated silence) that doesn't have a fucked up bitrate

mediafire.com/?0w4g67u4f7amf56

Explain to a pleb the whole microtonal thing and why they had you grinning?

he grinned because he enjoyed the music, user

slsk m8

They put a load of extra frets on their guitars so they can play notes between the usual notes. It's a technique drawn from Arabic music and shit.

I'm glad that the album is just full is great tunes rather than resting too hard on that gimmick.

appreciated!

>full is great tunes rather than resting too hard on that gimmick
they were probably unable to write decent tunes with those unusual scales, so they got back to their traditional songwriting

Is there any word on whether the other four albums this year will follow the same theme?

www51.zippyshare.com/v/itWeuLnv/file.html

>they were probably unable to write decent tunes with those unusual scales, so they got back to their traditional songwriting
I dunno if you know this man, but they actually do use microtones on this record pretty frequently.

I doubt they'll ditch the microtonal guitars entirely. I imagine they were expensive to purchase or modify from existing guitars. But they have given us no reason to think the rest of the albums will be microtonal banana pts. 2-5

I think we'll see a different area of experimentation on each of these records. I'm going to guess they modified their guitars on their own, and they're not the kind of band to stick with one idea too long

Stu said that there's going to be a Nonagon follow-up (Lord of Lightning, Balrog, Crumbling Castle) and then a jazzy collab album with Mild High Club

>its another vocal melody follows the guitar melody exactly for every song album

christ this band is so uneven, how do they make great stuff like the Mind Fuzz medley and Rivers, but also hideously boring shit like this album?

thanks user