Lost in Translation

I just got this movie on bluray and apparently a lot of people here on Sup Forums love this film.

What am I in for?

A movie that turns normies into webs.

*weebs

Weebs actually dislike the movie, because it has romance.

A good romantic/existencial movie.
Also japs.

A 6.5/10 movie that some people think is a masterpiece for some reason.

>existential
This. I don't get why it's not common knowledge.
Too often people brush this movie off as just a romance film when it has clearly some philosophical meaning behind it (mainly existentialism).

I love it. I can empathise with feelings of loneliness, isolation and culture shock though.

Sofia Coppola hasn't made a film even remotely close to as good as this since. I'd honestly consider her a one hit wonder.

>6.5/10 movie
I bet you love the avengers.

An ending which will make you want to kill yourself if you have nobody to love or love you back.

T-thanks

>What am I in for?
I don't understand these threads. What is it that you want to hear, exactly?
Just watch the film and you'll know what you were in for.
Christ. It's so much better to go into a film with no expectations at all than to be spoonfed opinions that alter your perception of it. Trust me.

>dude loneliness lmao

when will this end

back to

When people no longer feel loneliness, so never.

The movie equivalent of a qt3.14

Didn't like it very much desu

The beginning were good, the photoshoot with the gooks were funny and spot on but once it goes on the "romance" I lost all interest for the film

She was motivated by her relationship with Spike Jonze ending. Once the stupid roastie had gotten the last of Spikes talent out of her system she returned to making shit films

>stupid roastie
not very nice now innit

I apologize on his behalf, Sophia. Please fuck someone talented and make a good movie again.

What did he say?

there is a type of people who get this weird feeling of sad and happy and the same time with this to an extreme degree.

it really changes your mood if you are the right personality type for this kind of kino.

i had this for 3-4 days. only womb did a similar job but not as strong.

Feels, lots and lots of feels

I have AIDS, and now so do you

I hated it the first time. Now it's one of my favorites. It's not understated at all, but it also isn't very loud.

melancholy loneliness, extremely heavy on the heart, i cant watch it through anymore, i want to live in that film

I don't want to wait
For our lives to be over

"Now you'll never know why they call me 'Big Dick Johnson'. How does that feel, bitch?"

Makes you wanna cuddle 17yo ScarJo

Promise me you'll tell the truth

This

This is just a comfy ass movie.

What if you've had your only chance to get loved and it's gone now for ever.
I tell you with that feel this movie is suicide

ScarJo at her peak.

Her debut film, The Virgin Suicides, is also quite good actually. It's not on par with this, but it's close.

If this is a 9.5/10 movie, I'd consider that a 9.

Marie Antoinette is decent. Not great, but okay.
Somewhere is self-indulgent garbage though. Haven't watched her works after that because of it.

But that's impossible, unless you're Bill Murray's age. You're deluding yourself. If you believe you've had you're only chance, all you're doing is sabotaging your own life. Get your shit together.

I'm the guy you were replying to and whilst I like Lost in Translation very much it's probably an 8, maybe 8.5 for me.

Virgin Suicides would be 6 at best.

>you're only chance
your*

T-thanks user.

I recently bought Virgin Suicides because I'd wanted to see it for ages and it was $4.

It was alright at best, her first short 'Lick the Star' really shows you exactly what kind of person she is.

She's only a filmmaker because her daddy is and her only great film is Lost in Translation, purely because she actually had something to say.

What's a ten for you?

Fair enough. I rate higher than most people, I give a lot of stuff a 10 that I love. And some 10s are obviously better (mostly more outstanding/exceptional) than other 10s but I can't help giving them 10s, usually because I consider them to accomplish what they want to do with that movie.

this doesn't even make sense as a reply
I'm saying that loneliness is an overrated meme of a feeling. R9K is basically the antithesis of that sentiment.

do you even try when you shitpost

Looks like I know what I'll be watching today.

>I'm saying that loneliness is an overrated meme of a feeling
meme: the post

Oh yeah?
*unseathes katana*
You got 10 seconds to name a movie with better depiciton of loneliness and alienation

Fallen Angels / Chungking Express

Taxi Driver you fucking faggot. This movie is about 2 normies one married bitch and one nigga who has a wife.

I bet you like Eternal Sunshine too

Only person in the thread with the right answer

Ah a robot I see.
Don't get too angry, Elliot. it's not good for you.

No, it actually is possible. Don't be a pathological optimist, it's just as bad as being a defeatist. Anything is a valid possibility.

I'm the guy who made the original string of posts you responded to. I think Taxi driver is also overrated.

Actually I just hate movies, which is why this is my board of choice

"Dubs. Check 'em"

>spending most of the time discussing something you hate

you have issues m8

Glad I'm not you

>Implying I discuss films here
I'm an Australian

I'd say I'm a realist. Sure, it's possible a meteor will crash into your house tomorrow.
I don't want to argue words and their meanings. Let's try "extremely unlikely" instead of "impossible".
It's extremely unlikely for someone to remain alone if they're putting their best efforts into finding a partner(which includes psychologically preparing yourself for a certain way of life). It's usually one's own mindset that doesn't allow for it, instead of a set of imaginary parameters imposed on them by life, as some people tend to believe.

You know, I am all for self development. I wonder if you're too smart for this board. I wonder if I'm too smart for this board. What are we doing here-

Voluntary self-degradation?

"Snape kills Dumbledore"

Must be.

now lets all masturbate until we blow our loads into the communal fedora. Whoever finishes last has to drink it

And who are you...

Not now, Elliot.

>not being pretentious means you're elliot rodgers

nice try, elliot.

Elliot detected.
Hi, Elliot.

Shitposting from the afterlife, are we?

A boring sleepfest

>boring

go to bed, elliot

>What am I in for?
qt-mode Scarlett portrays a twenty-something chick, who's feeling ronery in Japan where everything sucks. Her significant other is a douchebag, which we know because he acts like a micky during the entirety of his 2 minutes of screentime.
Bill Murray's character is basically Bill Murray who's getting nagged by random Japs and his nagwife.
The two characters meet, talk, do Karaoke and everything's hunky-dory.
Then Bill fucks a club singer with a club sandwich and everything sucks.
Then the fire alert in their hotel goes off, the two meet again and say their goodbyes the next day.

Good soundtrack if you like MBV and stuff like that.
Johansson is cuddleboner-inducing and Murray does a lot of ad-murraying.

This and Charlotte is my waifu

Hey Elliot I think you've got the wrong board, the is 3 blocks down.

I'll meet you there, elliot.

A lot of the time spent in the movie is Scarlet staring at the window and Bill being gloomy

10min of the film, max.

"You are a big girl"

"The power of Venkman compels you"

Scarlett staring out of the window is a cute. CUTE.
She also stubs her toe and goes to the hospital. But her toe's DOA.

an almost Nabokovian summary

"Valar morghulis"

Fallen Angels is not really about loneliness. More about lifes colliding and the small thing that makes life change/worth it
The first half of 2048 is more about loneliness than Fallen Angels.
Also, Guilty of Romance and that Maniac remake with that guy from the show where he talks to his dog

Same thing that Guy on the road said in that old Radiohead video

>I don't understand these threads. What is it that you want to hear, exactly?
>Just watch the film and you'll know what you were in for.
>Christ. It's so much better to go into a film with no expectations at all than to be spoonfed opinions that alter your perception of it. Trust me.

this

ADD Memellenials are fucked

Any movies like LiT made in 21th century?

It's one of those movies that just resonates with certain people over others. You either get it or you don't.

The main characters all seem pretty lonely to me.
I haven't actually seen 2046 yet.

Hail Hydra!

Her.

Not that I know of. Maybe it's due to the fact that we accepted loneliness as part of out lives in the past 20 years.

Them wandering alone is part of their personalities, yes, but it's not a key point in the movie (well, that's arguable now)
Watch the whole trilogy of love (fallen angels, on the mood for love, 2046) for maximum effect

is this the panty kino?

No one will ever believe you

This.

>only womb did a similar job but not as strong.

Oh man, would ya look how the chick who played young Eva Green turned out...

"You're a wizard!"
– Murray

"...benis"

The film that made me start habitually masturbating to scarjo

sick

Ill go 7.5. Its maximum comfy though. Also nice visuals.