Sup Sup Forums don't know much about western movies since the good the bad the ugly is like the only one I've seen...

Sup Sup Forums don't know much about western movies since the good the bad the ugly is like the only one I've seen.It's a really good movie i saw as a kid and i occasionally watch every other year or so, am i missing out on other good movies like that one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qyPhsFxnc_c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nah

watch other leone's, unforgiven, the outlaw josey wales, true grit, rio bravo, the wild bunch, stagecoach, butch cassidy and the sundance kid, the magnificient seven, 3:10 to yuma.
avoid tarantino's, "western" they are not good.

tombstone any good?

I like Tarantino, but you need to know the western genre first before watching them.

I would had to your list High Plains Drifter, The War Wagon, and They Called Me Trinity.

Pale Rider (but a lot of people hate it for some reason), Quigley Down Under, and Bone Tomahawk are also pretty good.

*add*

Fuck me. Anyway, A Fistful of Dynamite (Duck, You Sucker! is an alternate title) is also a must watch.

And Westworld.

and Draw! with Kirk Douglas. If you can find it (it's an 80s tv movie). It's basically a comedy (but not really a parody) similar to Unforgiven in subject matter.

Once Upon a Time in the West is best spaghetti.

Young Guns 1&2 are fun. They get some hate now, but they were very popular back then.

Silverado too. Danny Glover was really good in it.

Da uomo a uomo is best spaghetti western. This is known This is fact.

I think it's pretty important to divide Westerns into 3 categories to really understand them.

>old Hollywood - manly hero stories that women will never understand
Shane
The Searchers
Chisum
Rio Bravo

>'new' Hollywood - things get edgier and cynical, the dream of the ideal frontier is dead
Josey Wales
High Plains Drifter
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Unforgiven (Eastwood is the king of this genre)

>spaghetti westerns - totally different style, no real romance to it, the west is wild and harsh
Fistful of Dollars
Once Upon A Time in the West
Django
Death Rides a Horse

I like it but it doesn't really feel like a western. More just a generic 90s movie. The director's son used the royalty money to fund his movie. And that movie was Beyond the Black Rainbow.

is the good the bad the ugly a part of three movies or something?

Leone is pretty much worst of the canon western directors. Even Clint did better stuff, let alone the magnificent John Ford

A Fistful of Dollars -> For A Few Dollars More -> The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Clint Eastwood's in all three and Lee Van Cleef is in two but it's not really certain if they're the same characters or if the films are just related in spirit.

No. But yes. They're not sequels, or even the same characters, but they have some of the same actors, the same style, and the same director.

BLONDIE

All of Leone's Westerns are terrific, definitely check them out. But as good as they are, don't expect them to be better than The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, because it's the greatest film of all time.

fuck man that resolution

They aren't related characters. No western cinematic universe.

It's pretty good, eh?

Any other opinion that is not the professionals is invalid

Where do i get this movie?
>youtube.com/watch?v=qyPhsFxnc_c

daily reminder. leone is a hack.