What are some good movies that don't have twist endings...

What are some good movies that don't have twist endings, but have twists that come halfway through or 3/4s of the way through the movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UoDKXozA0M4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fight Club's happens not too late

The Homesman

aka /r9k/ in the old west if they were a woman

If Twin Peaks was a movie then that would count

>the plot twist/reveal of the killer occurs halfway through Season 2

ive got your essential "twist doesn't happen at the end but somewhere in the middle" core right here

Psycho

The Village, to the point where the 'SHYAMALAN TWEEST' meme doesn't even apply.

Dark City.

The real reality of the world is fully shown in around the 40 minute point of the 2 hour movie.

>Otherwise what the world actually is (if I make sense) occurs right near the end

Psycho and L'avventura both switch protagonists, if that qualifies as a twist.

Hitchcock killing off the female lead not even half way thru the film still I find heaps impressive for a 1960's film.

yes

Equalibrium

the non-jewish matrix

The Village as well. Besides the twist in the end, it's right at the mid point that they switch from Lucius to Ivy as the lead.

The Hateful Eight, maybe? The Jody Domingre flashback happens before the final act and changes the tenor of the film.

Is that movie worth a watch through? Is it as good as 12 angry men (taking place in one room)?

What a waste of time

Definitely. If nothing else, it's better than Death Proof, Inglourious Basterds and Django Unchained.

cabin in the woods is great for that. halfway through it turns into schlock in a pretty fun way. movie is fun throughout tho

Revenge of the Sith

>Sheev reveals himself as the Emperor to Anakin about 20 minutes into the film
But then it's not like no one saw that coming

Fuck you this is one of my favorite movies ever
youtube.com/watch?v=UoDKXozA0M4

>It is rated one of the most highest kill counts in film

yeah I preferred the part a little later on where Darth Jar Jar massacred the younglings hiding in the jedi council chambers.
>that sudden mid-sentence change of voice
chilling

Fight clubs is like 2/3 thru

Also dumb but leauge of extra ordinary gents has a twist 3/4 thru

Snowtown.

Along the lines of "switching protagonists", Fargo doesn't have Marge Gubderson come in until about 35 minutes into the movie but then she completely becomes the protagonist

What about the scene when Obi Won is wondering around and comes across Jar Jar who has blood dripping from his mouth?

Bloody hell Lucas really pushed this movie to be dark and violent - and when Obi Won has a lightsaber fight with Jar Jar and then kills him.

Fucking Gold

what was the twist of equilibrium

His kids weren't on the drugs.

The western version of /r9k/ was Appaloosa.