Did Rob Zombie kill the Halloween franchise?

I originally thought that movie with Busta Rhymes killed the Halloween franchise,but Rob Zombie's remake was even worse.What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0N9Fzv7bYCM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For a guy who supposedly really appreciates classic horror he seems to have no idea what made the original Halloween successful.

His version was awful.

You guys need to get some taste

Its leagues better than shit like babdook, the conjring, paranormal activity.

Sure, it tonally different than the original, but its better horror than most recent attempts.

Zombie's original films are the best in modern horror

>defend Rob Zombie
>tell others to get taste

TOP KEK

I thought this was a Zaphod Beeblebrox thread at first

Aren't they making another one right now?

yeah, get some taste, they're fine horror movies you mental infant TOP LE KEK XDD

>Says the guy defending Rob Zombie

>like horror movies
>call someone else a mental infant

Enjoy your edgy gore Timmy

The Devils Rejects was literally one of the shittiest movies I've ever had to sit through

But Zombie's movies are actually decent compared to everything else coming out in the genre. At the very least they're more interesting and better shot.

Rob was signed a 2 picture deal and John Carpenter is back as Producer
>Carpenter is back as producer
>New Friday The 13th movie will have "Prisoners"screenwriter
They finally gave a shit about these movies?

>not liking comfy RZ movies
I want Reddit to leave

Did the Halloween movies have some kind of prestige before Rob Zombie came along?

Go back to your Linkin Park albums until you're 18 bucko

Yes, John Carpenter is a great filmmaker and no other horror franchise had someone like that behind it.

>John Carpenter is back as Producer

That's positive.

Then again, Halloween went straight into terrible schlock territory at 4.

bait

For Mountain Dew swigging fedoras, yes.

Halloween invented the slasher film genre. It's also a great example of using tension, suspense, atmosphere and music. It's a really well done move. Go back and watch it.

Zombie is horrorkino

go watch paranormal activity 12, or whatever bland offering hollywood has at the moment if you can't appreciate it

Well, we're getting a new Halloween movie next year so I guess he didn't kill the franchise. There aren't many details about it yet but John Carpenter will be exec producing and there are rumors that either Adam Wingard or Mike Flanagan will direct.

>But Zombie's movies are actually decent compared to everything else coming out in the genre
t. pleb who only watches mainstream horror flicks

A bunch of pretty good indie horror films have come out within the last few years.

Back to r/movies

This coming from a Rob Zombie fan. You need to get some self-awareness.

Back to some greasy metalhead forum. I'll admit that Rob is more interesting than most mainstream horror but he can't compete with the indie scene.

Oh wow I never heard of The Witch, It Follows, Babadook and whatever other meme shit you're about to bring up. They're so obscure man.

I never said they're obscure, faggot.

>Zombie is horrorkino

Nope.

>The Thing
>Halloween (78)
>The Exorcist
>The Shining
>Texas Chainsaw (74)
>Bride of Frankenstein
>Dawn of the Dead (78)
>Alien
>Nosferatu
>Rosemary's Baby

That's horrorkino.

And Halloween 4 and 5 are leagues better than what Zombie shat out.

>Zombie says people shouldn't remake good Horror movies
>remakes Halloween

Not only that, but
>removes all the mystique of Michael and just making him a troubled kid

The original Halloween is widely considered a horror masterpiece. The rest of the franchise doesn't have a good reputation though. Halloween: Resurrection is just as awful as the Rob Zombie movies.

"A bunch of indie movies have come out within the past year blahblahblah". News to absolutely nobody. Those movies aren't a representation of the current state of horror movies. They're a good sign though.

When you said "But Zombie's movies are actually decent compared to EVERYTHING else coming out in the genre" I assumed you meant his movies are better than all other modern horror. You should've said "But Zombie's movies are actually decent compared to most stuff that is coming out in the genre."

I love 4&5, but I must say that Zombie's H2 was really good for me. It's not really a Halloween movie, but it's a good psychological horror movie.

>No Jacobs ladder

He made a spoof and it was hilarious. What did you want him to make the exact same movie? Did you want him to make a Platinum Dunes style hollywood reboot? He made Rob Zombie's Halloween and it's fucking awesome. OOOOOOOOHHH LOVE HURTS!

Rob Zombie is fucking awful, nothing he ever does is good

Why does this man keep getting work?

He improved it

Yeah, that is a good one but I consider it more of a psychological thriller. pedantic I guess.

says a filthy meme posting spic on Sup Forums that has never done anything with his life

Those are all old. we're discussing current horror

fucking noob

nice projecting kiddo

making garbage doesn't mean you've done something with your life either

>Those are all good films. we're discussing current shit flicks
Fixed it for you. No charge pal

Bride of Frankenstein = Pleb

Son of Frankenstein = Patrician

Some are good, most are bad

>Why does this man keep getting work?

because he funds his movies with his rockstar money.

with Zombie studios are only involved for distribution

But it had Brian Posehn!

I never said they were bad faggot, but you're discussing the wrong century

This was embarrassing to read.

If we dont talk about horror classics, then there is no horror to talk about at all. Because modern horror movies dont even classify as horror. Let alone good movies.

GTFO with your memedook.

Both his shitty Halloween movies cost $15 million each and brought in around $120 million combined. Pretty decent returns.

Oh well la di dah mister I take the Halloween series so seriously that I can't laugh at an obvious comedy version even after the original series already wrapped up with Michael Myers losing a kung fu fight to Busta Rhymes.

If you can't laugh at Ken Forre getting killed while taking a shit while Rush's Tom Sawyer plays in the background then you're just a fucking tight ass kill joy and I don't want to know you.

Oh God, I had to get up half way through reading this to pace around.

Too much cringe.

>It's so warm.

okie dokie grandpa

I bet you think Showgirls is a bad movie too, don't you?

I used to enjoy fapping to it on network tv when I was like 12, got a tv in my room and the Internet wasn't a thing.

But otherwise it's fucking garbage. Verhoven is such a great director but you can only do so much with a dressed up Skinemax movie.

Pleb confirmed

And who actually listens to his trash enough to be able to fund movies?

He stinks at everything he does, trash

Where did I defend Rob Zombie? Are Carpenter Sup Forumsedditors illiterate?

Guess so.

I cry at love hurts (and at the Annie death scene).

RZH1&2 might be bad Halloween movies, but he characters are great. Brad Dourif. Danielle Harris. Scout "H2 is the only decent acting I ever did" Taylor-Compton. They made me care about their characters.

Who are your favorite directors working today?
Let me guess.
Christopher Nolan
JJ Abrams
Zack Snyder
And whoever directed the last captain america movie

Amirite?

>people defending rob fucking zombie
is the most contrarian board on Sup Forums?

you sound like a huge faggot

keep hating. He's gonna continue being a multi millionaire

They're great Halloween movies if you compare them to everything that came after 3. 2 kinda sucked because STC was screaming the whole time and being really annoying but I loved what he did with Dr Loomis and putting Weird Al in the movie really put a smile on my face. I don't understand how people don't veiw these films as the obvious comedies they were intended to be. WEIRD AL YANKOVIC IS IN THE FUCKING MOVIE! HOW MUCH MORE DOES HE NEED TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU BRAIN DEAD PLEBS! THEY'RE COMEDIES FFS!

Rom zombie is the definition of auteur. He's really underrated. Thinking Rob zombie is bad shows how little you know about film.

Liking rz films is much more reddit you stupid fucking pleb.

That's what I've been saying. This board sucks for serious kino talk. These faggots think Batman v Superman is kino and call this trash.

youtube.com/watch?v=0N9Fzv7bYCM

i like the remake better

fight me

/thread.

Paul Thomas Anderson
Alejandro González Iñárritu
Coen Bros.
Scorsese
Alexander Payne
Bennett Miller

That was terrible. Snyder puts this shit to shame.

Oh meesa Jar Jar Binks

Yousa mooey pretentious wit dat answer

Mooey mooey

says the 14 year old boy with no taste.

There was no way you were going to approve of my taste regardless who I said. You were always going to call me pleb or pretentious. My advice to you is to kill your family and then yourself.

scared much? You need to stop watching capeshit

>Not including The Exorcist 3

>There was no way you were going to approve of my taste regardless who I said.

Well duh. What do you think this is? Not the internet?

Last capeshit I watched was the first avengers movie. I hated it so much I vowed never to watch another Disney Marvel Star Wars movie again until this who stupid fucking trend blows over.

14 year olds are Zombies demographic. Seriously that was amateur as fuck. To suggest Zombie is better than Snyder is crazy as fuck talk. And I'm not the biggest fan of Snyder.

And scared of what? The list of directors. Yeah sure they're all good, coens, pta, and scorsese are greats, but it's a really safe list. It's like saying you're favorite movie is citizen kane. You're just trying to look smart.

You know Snyder directed a zombie movie, right?

No. You're wrong.

Lol. He's talking about Rob Zombie. Not zombies.

That comment wasn't and I wasn't trying to look smart. That's who I like. As I said, it didn't matter who I said. You were going to shit on them for some reason. Who are your favourites? Let me shit on them.

And its great?

Are you fucked? Have you never heard of Black Christmas?

Nowhere near the same cultural impact as Halloween.

Obama
Osama
and Yo mama

No but seriously
I like that Israeli lady who directs all those fake Isis beheading videos.

Careful with that jpeg, it's an antique.