Why has nothing good come out this year? I never see people talking about new music anymore. Why is that?

Why has nothing good come out this year? I never see people talking about new music anymore. Why is that?

Pic related is what I've listened to this year. All kind of meh. Give me 2017 recs.

Other urls found in this thread:

surfcassette.bandcamp.com/
artascatharsis.bandcamp.com/album/ode-to-doubt
burialspdx.bandcamp.com/
fennecsound.bandcamp.com/album/one-night-could-change-your-life
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Code Orange's new album was very good. The new Wiley album was also solid. I enjoyed the new xx release. You crazy man. 2017 has been pretty solid so far.

William Basinski's A Shadow in Time was pretty good

Sampha's album keeps growing on me. I agree though, it's dry as fuck this year so far. I remember January was better in previous years. Ty Segall is better than that Foxygen and Japandroids garbo tho

>why has nothing good come out this year
>has only heard 3 bland indie rock (in 2017) records

gee i really wonder...

these 3 albums are bad lol

because you've only listened to shitty white bread indie rawk

What app or site is this

The Residents have a new album in March

Consider recommending some albums before being rude. Your childish responses are pointless.

iTunes

idk /I/ really liked Hang. thought it had some interest and depth to it. also, Migration by Bonobo was really good

all the albums recommended here prove it's a terrible year so far

Thanks. Also I think 2017 has had some good stuff but I agree that there hasn't been anything really noteworthy so far. You should probably check RYM's top albums of 2017

shit ass taste my man

Bedwetter - Volume 1: Flick Your Tongue Against Your Teeth and Describe the Present
Bing & Ruth - No Home of the Mind
Max Richter - Three Worlds: Music From Woolf Works

surfcassette.bandcamp.com/

The new Joan of Arc is great. Tim Kinsella is a genius.

It's only been a month, statistically speaking I wouldn't expect anything good to have come out yet

Drab Majesty's new album and TDOP are great

Also the first half of last year was pretty lame with a bunch of letdowns and bowie, it wasnt until july or august that shit got really good

Yeah, seriously. It's only February, why would you expect there to already be a plethora of amazing albums for you to listen to?

Jens Lekman - Life Will See You Now
Xiu Xiu - Forget
Neil Cicierega - Mouth Moods

The new Homeshake album is underrated imo. The singing isn't the greatest but it's still groovy

Ty Segall is on Seth Meyers in about 5 minutes

I'd agree that it's maybe the most underrated album of the year.

So much good shit where do I even begin.

>Your childish responses are pointless
not as much as a thread claiming a year is "bad" based on three albums, but oh well

I just started Japandroids and Im sure there's a bunch of stuff that's comparable. The Dogs and AFI are the first ones to mind. Actually Dryjacket - For Posterity was the first I thought if and by far my favorite of these three but as I recall it's also the most different.

I liked the new Foxygen album. I haven't heard the others though.

Migos

Ty Segall is pirate only/blind buy aside from the singles and Japandroids is utter mediocrity so far except the first song and I'm now in the third. If this is how low the bar is set then I assume OP will have a good year. Seriously this is objectively garbage.

>Cloud Nothings
was shit
>Japandroids
was shit
>The XX
was SHIT
>Code Orange
was shit
>William Basinski
was shit
>Brian Eno
was shit
>Xiu Xiu
was shit
>Bonobo
was shit (except for qt hundred waters girl making a cameo)

I actually kind of misread this post. You've only heard 3 albums this year and you're even suggesting the year might be shit?

And Foxygen is fucking awesome

Blackstar, Painting With, and Colour in Anything came out early last year. All of which are great

If you don't mind, what other posts have you made in this thread?

Ali Barter's A Suitable Girl has me excited...

I thought new Foxygen was pretty good, new William Basinski was really, good, new Ariel Pink and Weyes Blood was good, and new Ty was pretty good
Side note though, what's with the rush to always be listening to "new music" like, albums that came out TODAY? If you don't like what's come out in 2017 just listen to stuff from earlier. Doesn't matter if you're listening to new music or music from 1880, just actually listen to it, and pay close attention to it, multiple times. That's how you should experience music, not by treating it as some fucking social thing where the music you're listening to has to be "relevant"

Yeah Foxygen is seriously kicking my ass right now.

Hang is great.

Unfortunately it's way too short for aoty competition but it's a very strong contender for album of the month

New Grails is great
Mouth Moods is unironically amazing
Dumal - The Lessor God is really good black metal

Most of what i listen to is metal, so I can't rec you a bunch of things, but give this a shot
artascatharsis.bandcamp.com/album/ode-to-doubt

Decent at best. Pales in comparison to his more classically praised albums.

Tanks for reminding me of new Grails, I knew I was missing a release from a band I liked but couldn't remember which

It's literally February 9th.

that said Bowie wins again, No Plan EP will be the best music release this year, that said I have no idea why those 3 tracks weren't on Blackstar in the first place, they should have been.

Because 90% of artists are busy writing their shitty new Trump-inspired album.

lol what makes you think you've got the authority on how people should listen to music dude?

New music is a great way to observe the present state of culture.

EPOTYSF

burialspdx.bandcamp.com/
Burials side although Exhausted Prayer is really good too

fennec put out my AOTYSF last week

free too: fennecsound.bandcamp.com/album/one-night-could-change-your-life

>waiting for someone to fuck up and say Sampha

Priests debut was p good

Mozart for 2017 AOTY

digging into these now. Priests is pretty tight so far. not sure why, but it reminds me of a less gloomy Savages.

thank you

that year when we got AnCo's MPP in january was a good year. Cymbals Eat Guitars, Antony and the Johnsons, Andrew Bird, and Fever Ray too all before March.

>unironically
you misspelled "ironically"

NEW GEN is great if you like Grime. Gang Signs &
Prayers is coming out next week as well.

Got a link or something? Having trouble finding this. Kinda generic words.

It's only on streaming services sorry bro

ohhh found it on spotify. shit this is GOOD.

Welcome to the new gen.

OP, start with these