What made Winston so qualified to join the Ghostbusters...

What made Winston so qualified to join the Ghostbusters? I'm sure they had half of New York knocking on their doors to join them but the movie makes it seem like this is the only guy to want to join them.

Is it affirmative action at work or something?

I always thought that it was a part of the joke of making Ghostbusting seem so mundane. Pest exterminators don't have a bunch of people trying to join them everyday.

Well, i assumed that ghost sightings were actually a known nuisance so people were viewing it as pest control. Unlike our world where we only have .1 class roaming vapors

The joke is that they literally let some guy join the team because the standards are so low.

Ghostbusters was originally based on he idea that they are like civil servants or garbage men

>What made Winston so qualified to join the Ghostbusters?

He applied

>He's here about the job
>Fantastic you're hired.

It was perfect

Fuck you I liked Winston.
>WE GOT THE TOOLS, WE GOT THE TALENT!

His female version in the reboot is taller, bigger and bulkier than him.

How does dis make you feel.

In the original script he was an ex-marine with a shitload of PHDs.
And the joke of his application scene is that they don't give a fuck about his qualifications.
Remember: the light is green, the trap is clean.
[Spoiler]we won't have such great one-liners in the shit reboot[/spoiler]

WHO AINT NEED NO MAN

He was the only one that applied. Winston was just the regular guy who needed a paycheck and got roped into the biggest dimensional rift since tunguska.

>I've seen things that would turn your shit white!

omg you're right. This woman is a giant.

>but the movie makes it seem like this is the only guy to want to join them.

No one even believed they were real until the end of the movie. Everyone just thought they were a joke.

>In the original script he was an ex-marine
That basically implies having less competence than an ex-janitor.

Pete Davidson is 1.91?

He was originally a demolitions expert or something I believe.

He was always my favourite Ghostbuster before Sup Forums turned me into a horrible racist.

if you are asking this question its pretty clear you weren't paying attention and missed the point

Such is our curse as impressionable white people.

He was supposed to be Eddie Murphy

none of them were actually the best at any field except for bullshit. reboot a shit

That was the point of the movie. They were just whacko sclubs. Venkman was only involved with them at all because he got grant money for banging coeds.

They're paranormal psychologists, aka bullshit artists untill it all turns out to be real-ish.

Even in the 70s and 80s movies needed a token black guy.

>token black guy is less token then progressive black guy

The irony is that cuckoldry is internalized in this.

He wanted the job. That was literally the joke.

>not knowing how to get your foot in the door

"Being there" is 9/10ths of how you get hired. Also

This. Winston originally had a backstory as an Airforce pilot that got dropped and turned into "Generic Black New Yorker" after Eddie wouldn't do the movie.