So which one was their best album?

So which one was their best album?

Sell Out

This. Tommy is good and Quadrophenia is great, but Sell Out is a masterpiece. Only flaw I can find in it is its unfortunately short length - thankfully, there's a treasure trove of extras that were, for whatever reason, cut.

the one you didn't put in the picture, Who's Next

in that picture, it goes Tommy > Sell Out > > > Quadrophenia (which is boring)

This. Who's Next is a masterpiece.

literally who

Who's Next

Tommy doesn't have a single good track, mindboggling how there are people on this board right now who like it even mildly

lol are you kidding?

Christmas Morning, I'm a Sensation, Sally Simpson, We're Not Gonna Take It are all amazing

and although it's been ruined by the radio and boomers, Pinball Wizard is actually an amazing track as well you just have to wipe your memory with one of those mib things to really enjoy it

shit, forgot Cousin Kevin probably the best track on the whole album

and I'm Free

srsly fuck you guy Tommy is full of good songs you buttnigger

seconded

>buttnigger

- Pete Townshend (2017)

Definitely Quadrophenia, it's an absolute masterpiece. The others are great too though.

>thankfully, there's a treasure trove of extras that were, for whatever reason, cut.
I spent several hours once cutting together the record with all the extras into a double-album and I think it works great.

This was the working title of the Lifehouse project.

Those are some of the least embarrassing parts of the album but even then they completely lack power, grace, humor or anything that would make them rewarding or replayable. If I'm missing something please let me know because I'm really struggling to think of any redeeming qualities to this garbage album

I agree that Tommy is overrated, but calling Tommy a garbage album is a huge exaggeration, sounds like you're reacting more to the hivemind's assessment of Tommy's value as an album more than the actual quality of the work... you're more mad that it's lauded as a masterpiece and a work of genius by everyone than the music

WHO'S NEXT

THEY PISSED ON THE MONOLITH

It really is a shame that Lifehouse never became a thing.

>I spent several hours once cutting together the record with all the extras into a double-album and I think it works great.
The one with Teenage Wasteland on it.

I get that it comes across that way but trust me, Tommy's reputation has never bothered me. Who fans are harmless and I don't even dislike the band, just don't think that album has anything going for it

Maybe if this thread is still active when I get home in a couple of hours.

It would have been pretty good, no?

Well Lifehouse was recorded pretty much in its entirety between 70 and 74 and there are a few rough tracklistings out there so it's pretty easy to recreate. It wasn't ever supposed to have the same kind of musical cohesiveness as Tommy or Quadrophenia - it's basically just an hour and a half of hard rock hits.

I think you might actually be retarded.

But it was going to be something else entirely beyond a simple album.

Quadrophenia

Hell, make your own post. Or post in the sharethread. I want it.

Tried, it's slightly too big for zippy.

what about mega?

This. Who's Next is their best by a country mile. Dunno if OP was baiting by not including it in there.

Sparks is a great instrumental

Have you tried MEGA?
Also, did you preserve the Silas Stingy/Sunrise/Rael ending trifecta? Was the editing a simple manner of inserting extras into the existing tracklist or did you actually edit the tracks themselves to fit in?

Buttnigger is Pete's dark web username

Who's Next is three of the greatest songs in the history of rock and a shitton of filler inbetween. It's really not that amazing of an album.

>getting in tune
>filler

Saying it in meme form doesn't make it any less true, Pete.

Is there a 'definitive' bootleg around for Lifehouse?

>implying the Rock Operas are better choices
>implying Rock Operas are ever without filler

Come the fuck on, man.

Under that criteria the only reasonable alternative besides of Who's Next is Sell Out, which I don't think is anywhere near as good

Quadrophenia

>Also, did you preserve the Silas Stingy/Sunrise/Rael ending trifecta?
I added in a new track (actually 4 tracks, 2 instrumentals and 2 coke jingles which all sound like they were designed to segue into one another) after Silas. Rael is the remade studio version with the 'Part II' ending like in Pete's original demo.

>Was the editing a simple manner of inserting extras into the existing tracklist or did you actually edit the tracks themselves to fit in?
I edited the tracks and jingles so they all flow together.

I'll post it some other time on MEGA when I have time.

Soniclovenoize did a version, I did too. If you want something official there's Pete's Lifehouse box set.

Who's Next just doesn't have the songs to be their best. Odorono and I Can See For Miles are good tracks but most of them just don't leave any impression at all.

Good melodies throughout the whole album.

Personally, I prefer Quadrophenia

sell out

All the albums discussed in this thread are great but this one both British and U.S. editions remain my all time favorite!

Thanks, friendo

A quick google search got me a DL

>I added in a new track (actually 4 tracks, 2 instrumentals and 2 coke jingles which all sound like they were designed to segue into one another) after Silas.
Personally, I love the juxtaposition of Silas Stingy's rather bleak sound and Sunrise immediately following, but I'm dying to hear this. At least post the tracklist if not the whole album (but I beg you to please share it once you can, TWSO is already my favorite album of all time and I'd love to hear how others improved upon it).

>2 instrumentals
In The Hall of the Mountain King and what else?

This. Such a fun album