Should women be allowed to direct films considering how bad their track record is with it?

Should women be allowed to direct films considering how bad their track record is with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimi_Leder
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Lost In Translation

Should men be allowed to direct movies considering how bad their track record is with it?

You both make good points.
When are kids gonna start directing?

only this one

>the only woman allowed to make movies is the one who makes the most overtly masculine films

>making superficial judgements based on content

reconsider your position

>Lost In Translation
>good

Considering that the best director alive is a woman, I'm pretty sure they should be allowed.

Explain yours then.

Of course.

Proved OP's point.

We wouldn't have one of the best films of all time without them.

Film is a feminine medium in the first place because it appeals to the senses and doesn't require much thought to process.

kill self please

Infinite monkeys on infinite typewriters.

Men that mutilated themselves are not women.

Cleo from 5 to 7 and Jeanne Dielman are just two examples of the many excellent films directed by women.

>Should women be allowed to direct films considering how bad their track record is with it?

No, they shouldn't. Women so far have abused every right given to them. Additionally they not only abuse their rights but don't even use them. All their contributions are essentially worthless.

This.

I wonder who that one white lady is.

>Lana Wachowski

Maren Ade and Anna Muylaert are good female directors.

Isn't this fucking meme flick directed by a woman?

Now, women should be locked up in cages only allowed to breed.

>We let a man make 11 films in which half include fetishes

>"""directed"""
have you never seen what women do when given a position that entails responsibility? They just surround themselves with a group of males to do literally everything, including the decision-making, for them

>1 white lady
>is Lana Wachowski

>Blatant sexism
>Elitst autismo board

No crossaint today boss.

Women:
>lower spacial intelligence
>lower creativity
>less likely to see films that aren't trending or popular

Is it really any wonder why they can't make as good movies? Sofia Coppola just inherited her talent and position from her father and even then, she only made one good movie.

Settle down MRA.

The only good women directors are only good because a man taught them how to direct. Sofia Copolla - FFC's daughter. Kathryn Bigelow - James Cameron (who wrote her debut movie) wife.

>lower spacial intelligence

Christopher Nolan must secretly be a woman, considering his actions scenes are an incoherent mess

You are objectively wrong but thanks for playing

>the best director alive is a woman

Let me guess, Lena Dunham?

Women are better than men.

>men don't have to learn to direct from men

here's your (you)

Nolan is legitimately lazy. Ridley Scott is 78 and his movies are only let down by their scripts, there's no reason for the numerous technical flaws in Nolan films.

Honest question? Why /tv doesn't like this movie? I love it.
Or is it newfaggotry edginess?

I agree. Vagina just isn't the same as a man's asshole.

Stop the sexism you bigots.
You are literally the cancer that is killing this world.

Not really. They should be restricted to laundry, cleaning, cooking, child-rearing and so forth but the problem is, and let's be fair to them, they're entirely terrible at those things too. Most women are too fat, lazy, spoiled and entitled to be of much use to society on any level, though they do excel at gobbling chocolate if you happen to have a surplus.

Capeshit fans and autists cannot understand a movie about emotions. It has to be about muh plot. It's why Antonioni gets called a hipster hack here.

This is why we need feminism. Because of cancer like this.

>D-d-do you really need another take of me masturbating naked Ms Coppola?

Yes, a random comment on the internet, probably just bait at that, justifies a system that has outlived its good and become toxic in the West. You might be a troll yourself. But I responded seriously because people legitimately think like you.

True.

>this thread
>no Mimi Leder, Dreamworks' go-to girl right after it was founded

The Peacemaker was derpy but I still dig Deep Impact, Not sure if I miss her.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimi_Leder

>implying they didn't lose both their masculinity and film-making abilities.

>I can't help but compare Antonioni to Sofia Coppola

Reaching new lows on this board every day.

Where did he compare Coppola to Antonioni? Im genuinely curious, user

I'm the subtext of his post. Coppola can't direct a woman to save her life. Just look at how shallow Lost in Translation is compared to Red Desert. Embarrassing to say the least.

claire denis or jane campion?

I vote for Joe or Hou

Faggots ITT
>Slumber Party Massacre (also written by a dyke)
>Near Dark
>Big
>Fat Girl
>Bastard Out of Carolina

All great films directed by hairy vaginas