Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ce2kCmHtDQ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

idealization of life
MOE

manchildren who can't understand emotion in real people need entertainment too

Go watch Berserk and find out.

To escape my shitty life.

Cheap low quality/budget imitation of drawn Disney animations. Mixed with pandering to adolescent fantasies.

bright color palette.
I love Hosoda's works they're so damn comfy

It's just TV from another country, dude. Some of it is very good, with interesting ideas, stories, and characters. Most of it is pure trash.

I like some of it because I like animation in general, and I don't understand why it hasn't taken off in a similar way in Western television. Here, it's only used for comedy and children's entertainment, whereas Japanese television has shown how you can use it for things like sci-fi and fantasy

Most fucked up-beat movie I've ever seen. Guy travels in time to manipulate little girls to be alone forever and take care of a fucking painting.

it's definitely the super robots and the rocket punches

to add to what said
back then, anime did things that western movies/TV shows couldn't match up to. not only that, but a lot of passion and effort were put into some fantastic anime movies, making them stand out from the rest.

the only conclusion i can come to as to why most anime today being garage is because majority of people don't want to fucking grow up and would rather watch a shitty show with beautiful anime girls and their lives instead of improving their own

because cartoons are for children
and japan is full of manchildren

expressing repressed feelings they can't otherwise in a social setting

What you see is what you get. You don't get the same actor playing shoehorned roles across dozens of movies. If a character dies in a series/movie, it is dead, forever (baring magic shit). You don't get to see their face ever again in some other anime show or movie like you do in live action stuff.

Except most anime characters look the same.

I was a huge weeb. It seems to be connected to depression and lack of maturity.
Back then I was just masturbating all day and thinking about my shitty life.

Today I can't stand anime. It's immature, dumb and annoying.

you should start going to therapy

I'm not depressed anymore.

Same as cartoons but with real humans and not ducks or super heroes. Western animation is all fairy tales and doesn't touch on reality. Anime deals with real life.

I grew up watching spiderman, tiny toons and duck tales, now I want something else.

This user might be on to something. Granted, there are few, few, few exceptions, but most anime is badly written, edgy, and immature. Do Japanese people really laugh at
>THE MC FELL ONTOP OF A GIRL AND SOMEHOW MANAGED TO LAND WITH HIS HANDS IN A GROPING POSITION ON HER BREASTS

It can have some good stories, or good action, or good escapism from the real world.

>cartoons are for children

ultrapleb

There are a lot of genuinely good anime films and OVAs. When it comes to TV series, you're basically shit out of luck. You can count the worthwhile TV series aired in the last decade on two hands.

>You don't get the same actor playing shoehorned roles across dozens of movies
Instead you get characters across dozens of shows that fit into the exact same archetype.

Netorare

>because cartoons are for children

Are you older than 40 years old? How can young people today still believe this.

These are the people that will inevitably take their children do weed mans food fight movie. This stigma of
>it's animated so it must be for children!
Needs to end

For me it was the science fiction aspect- Kaneda's bike in Akira was so cool. The imaginative futuristic technology of GitS.
Now it's just fanservice crap with no hope or imagination, a sad parallel to modern Japan.

Yes, not liking animation makes you so mature.

Anime is just a regional variant of the medium animation; it's stories and themes are varied and not reducible to a single explanation of appeal.

Way to put words in his mouth. There's nothing wrong with animation in itself. Anime is just a very immature genre. I blame otaku culture and "moe cutesy girls doing cute things." Granted, there are exceptions, but as a whole, anime is pretty shit

I think it's just people repeating what their parents believe.

>cartoons are for children, grow up!

As if not liking cartoons makes someone automatically a mature adult.

It's literally 13 year old logic.

I don't know, seems like mostly kids and perverts enjoy it.

>Granted, there are exceptions, but as a whole, anime is pretty shit
This can be said of film, tv, literature, et al.

Not really. It's different with anime.

>Instead you get characters across dozens of shows that fit into the exact same archetype.

That's every story genre ever, kid. There hasn't been anything original for over 2500 years.

Oh, it's different with anime. Well that explains it all. Any particular reasons why it's different?

Just look at your own image.

I repeat, only plebs don't like cartoons, if you don't understand the intrinsic value of something as simple as "wabbit season, duck season" you should literally kys

More like an idealization of childhood and innocence. Nips are literally autistic

The storytelling methods of film but combined with the visual freedom of cartoons

IT DOES SCIFI BETTER AND CHEAPER THAN LIVE ACTION/CGI

ALSO THIS
youtube.com/watch?v=ce2kCmHtDQ0
>Apparently right-wing nationalist groups in Japan drive around neighborhoods in black vans blasting this song, LMAO

REMILITARIZE THE JAPS FOR THEIR UPCOMING WAR WITH CHINA

Anime is like any other form of media, it's all about Escapism.