Supposedly the most influential hip-hop album of all time

>supposedly the most influential hip-hop album of all time
>no rappers ever learned from its example, and carried on making bloated hour-long clusterfucks full of shitty skits and filler tracks

there is literally no reason for a hip-hop album to ever break the 40 minute mark. prove me wrong.

Yeezus did everything Illmatic did but with a futuristic spin.

>supposedly the most influential hip-hop album of all time
It isn't.
>no reason for a hip-hop album to ever break the 40 minute mark
Best hip-hop album of all time is 70 minutes long.

>literally opens with a 2 minute skit
go cuck yourself

>base statement on stupid logic
>hurr durr look at this stupid conclusion I drew from this stupid logic

really makes you think

It's not 2 minutes and also not a skit

>It isn't.

name a hip-hop album more influential than Illmatic.

the only one I can really think of is Paid In Full but that was more in terms of lyricism rather than full-on style.

also the album you posted isn't even the best Wu solo album, Liquid Swords is.

>there is literally no reason for a hip-hop album to ever break the 40 minute mark. prove me wrong.
MBDTF but I agree with what you said above.

rah fuck ur american rap listen to some 67 yes my man? fuckin wasteeeemans

It's not influential but it is the greatest hip hop album of all time

Why are hip-hop albums so long anyway? Realistically you would assume they'd be much shorter on average given that the average listener doesn't have any more an attention span than the average classical listener.

Two things that people love to debate about with albums is which is the most Influential and which is the best.

Influential is solved with evidence.
The latter is all opinions.

It's a very commerical genre and more tracks potentially create more sales.

Probably this, yeah. Also, since a lot of rappers tend to treat opulence and material possessions as ends in themselves, they might simply be under the assumption that a longer album = a better album.

Ready To Die which is the blueprint of a hip hop album, a wider array of themes that were from then included by a lot of rappers, and shifting rap towards being rich.
The Chronic. Inspired countless imitators of it's sound, because a lot of the 90s rappers grew up with that Kind of funk.

Straight Outta Compton also popularized gangsta rap, and was a big thing

The length of most hip-hop albums is my primary issue with the genre. Check out the top 100 on RYM - virtually all of them are over 50 minutes, the majority of them are over 60, and quite a few are over 70. That's double album length!

There are certain electronic and experimental rock albums that run that long but they generally earn their length by being instrumentally engaging throughout. I can't think of any hip-hop album that runs 60 mins+ that couldn't do with some serious editing. It's a genre that's produced some mindblowing tracks but very few consistently mindblowing albums.

>there is literally no reason for a hip-hop album to ever break the 40 minute mark

This, I mean fucking garbage artists like 2Pac were huge with the filler, like why the fuck did he need to release an actual double album when more than 50% of it was filler, and then somehow it becomes his most popular (not counting greatest hits)?

It's one of the best album openers of all time

>album of any genre over 40 minutes
to trash it goes

Outkast and Kanye are the only ones that pull off hour long hip hop albums effortlessly, rappers who produce tend to be better at it

>supposedly the best game of all time
>no devs learned from its example, and carried on making empty open worlds full of bugs and shallow rpg mechanics
There is literally no reason video games should exist period.
Prove me wrong, you literally can't.

that shouldn't be a problem, you can just skip or delete the bad tracks

Hip hop was a 12" genre for years and still is, it's not unusual now for a digital hip hop release to just be one track

They make long albums because people just delete the shit tracks anyway

Rockists are still struggling to understand this

This but replace Deus Ex with Morrowind.

>hey man take this hennessy man take this hennessy

no

Morrowind is clunky and buggy, not best of all time.

Wrong.
Rock albums should typically stick to 45 or under, albums that are musically driven, experiment more or are more based in atmosphere should be more lenient with time.

>name a hip-hop album more influential than Illmatic.
Straight Outta Compton.

> tfw we'll never see Illmatic with Purple instead of One Time 4 Your Mind

>most influential hip hop album
>not Jam On Revenge
wew

Doggystyle or Straight Outta Compton

>a black man
>influential

kek

>was a big thing
yeah youre right