OH SHIT

OH SHIT

Other urls found in this thread:

criterionforum.org/DVD-packaging/dr-strangelove-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-bomb-blu-ray/the-criterion-collection/1591
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>All that good shit coming out in the near future
MY WALLET

i thought the dekalog was already on bluray?

wait wait, holy nigger tits, the immortal story on criterion!
welles most underrated film

This was announced like a year ago.

One of two major Welles films I've yet to see.

>still no Dersu Uzala

BAKA

At nearly double the price and with a different aspect ratio than it was meant to be seen at.

based criterion
fuck off

Isn't that the movie that was so bad Kurosawa tried to kill himself in shame? I'm sure it's a masterpiece.

No, Kurosawa tried killing himself after Dodeskaden flopped.

I thought you were messing with me when I saw this. It's real. I'm so happy.

Bluray? without a shitty aspect ratio change?

Can't wait to pirate this

>A movie about Tetris

Sounds boring.

Fair warning: it's by far his worst movie
I'm waiting to see what the price is, but I'm probably getting it regardless.

>First Watership Down and now Fantastic Planet

Criterion FINALLY getting into animation.
How long until we see some Satoshi Kon movies?

top taste lad

nice cover... thinkign of hanging this one on my wall...

>mfw I love everything from Kieslowski
>mfw only watched 2 episodes of this because I couldn't handle the shit quality of the torrent
>mfw at this point of my life I have money to afford it

I tried watching Paprika earlier and couldn't get into it at all. The dialogue was really hard to suffer through, and I feel like when you can show any kind of amazing visual with animation, none of it becomes that amazing

what's your favorite from him?
amator and double life of veronique/weronica are mine

satoshi kon is shit

All his films are already on blu ray and probably cost a quarter of the price they would on criterion and without the shitty minimalist cover.

The Double Life of Veronique and A Short Film About Love are my favs, everything I've seen so far is god tier though and Kieslowski had such a good eye for qts

>blind chance
What am I in for?

price is 80 normal, 50 on sale

this - why do people want criterion versions of perfectly fine blu rays when there are plenty of movies without any??

so excited for this though, started watching on the facets dvd's, but the quality on those is pretty rough

a good movie

People will buy anything with that C on it. Their Strangelove has next to nothing new on it from the old Sony BD other than the packaging, which admittedly looks great

criterionforum.org/DVD-packaging/dr-strangelove-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-bomb-blu-ray/the-criterion-collection/1591

Dude don't use your brain or god will drown your kid lmao.

its funny how unintentionally ironic this post is

That movie is boring and shitty.

It's so hard to believe Kurosawa made it (granted, with all that bullshit about having to go make movies in the Soviet Union).

Like, if I knew nothing of Kurosawa and you sat me down and had me watch Ikiru and Dersu Uzala back-to-back and then told me they were by the same dude, I wouldn't believe you.

Besides, his best film in Ran.

My favorite things he's done are the first and last episodes of the Dekalog. The tragedy at the start about the father who loses his son, and the comedy at the end about the brothers and the rare stamp. Just the fact that Kieslowski could tell two completely different stories like that. And that's not even counting the one about the taxi driver tracking down his mistress on X-Mas Eve or the short film about killing episode.

I'm pretty pumped for this, since I only have files of a cheap DVD rip with subpar subs.

Criterion has been hitting it out of the park with their selections lately, m8s.

>That movie is boring and shitty.

I prefer the word comfy.

yea, the packaging is pretty cool, but you're probably right. the most heinous thing are probably the wes anderson movies or the IFC partnership movies (frances ha, phoenix, etc) that would get blu rays anyway for the cheap

there's been a ton of good stuff lately (this, chrysanthemums, chimes at midnight, touch of zen), hopefully they'll pull back on some of the more frivolous cash cow releases

I think most of those Anderson movies do get barebones releases first, then Criterion does deluxe ones. That's what they should keep too, films that don't have a release and special editions.

Apparently the newly announced Cat People has all the same supplements from the old DVD. I'm sure the transfer is leagues better but that's disappointing to hear

oo baby

I sortof want to agree with you, but then I think about all the classics with no blu ray releases at all, or barely any presence on home video (like a city of sadness (and plenty of other new taiwan cinema), spring in a small town, tons of soviet cinema, etc) and wished they focused more on restoration/first release work like that. I do imagine the modern ones are basically no work comparatively though, and sell better

whats the significance of the ghost in this? And the milk

qt