My parents let me watch this when I was really young, and it fucked me up and I had nightmares for like a year...

My parents let me watch this when I was really young, and it fucked me up and I had nightmares for like a year, were you allowed to watch whatever you wanted as a kid?

my parents let me watch the texas chainsaw massacre (the original) and night of the living dead and it made me into a little sissybaby

Good, you are weak person, if strong person you would laugh at chainsaw man and fear be destroyed. Now we know the true merit of your character

My parents were divorced, and while my mom was really strict at my Dad's I could watch anything I wanted. I didn't like horror movies until I was a teenager though, so it was usually R-rated action movies like Robocop

I watched Creep when I was like 16.
Scared me up for good, I still think it's one of the best horror movies.

When he turns on the tap with no water then puts on the gloves made me burst out laughing when I saw it, it is pretty spooky though

This and The Descent when I was 13/14
Brithorror fucked my shit up

I let my niece watch and eat whatever she wants when I babysit her. So far, she seems okay. No nightmares or tummy aches. I also make her promise not to tell her parents. She's cool with it.

>I also make her promise not to tell her parents.
You sick fuck how do you live with yourself?

>were you allowed to watch whatever you wanted as a kid

No. I was even banned from watching Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

I have a jehova's witness(es?) aunt that didn't let her kids watch or even read harry potter

What they don't know can't hurt them.

Bad reasoning, but good. Those books are horrible for children.

It's not any different than The Hobbit

No, but I still watched Terminator when I was 10 because everyone was talking about it. Was probably 13 when I first saw Elm Street tho, but by then I was already too numb to react to it after watching endless gunfights and people dying in western movies (my parents were fans of western series so they let me watch anything with that theme).

No, I think the lessons in Harry Potter are way more damaging than anything in The Hobbit

Lessons? You're reading way too deep into it

My sister made me watch all Friday 13th's and Nightmare on Elm Street movies.

The Terminator at 7
>If the Terminator wanted you dead you would be dead by now, user
>Good night
T-thanks mom

What else did she make you do, user? It's okay. This is a safe space.

Yes, I was and I did. I still got scared of stuff but I just dealt with it mostly by sleeping with the covers over my head.

But watching adult films isn't the only thing you make her not tell the parents, is it?

they never forbade me watching anything. it sounds authoritarian and crazy, 2bh.

is that shit normal in america?

I wasn't allowed to watch PG-13 movies until I was like 17.

I watched a billion horror movies new and old growing up. Only one to phase me was the one about the tooth fairy. Darkness Falls. Saw it in second grade.

never cared too much for horror as a kid, and don't care at all now.

i was much more interested movies with tits, or probably spaceships and shit like that.