That brit who pretends he doesn't know Michael Jordan

>that brit who pretends he doesn't know Michael Jordan
>that american who pretends he doesn't know Cristiano Ronaldo (ranked by ESPN as the world most famous athlete)

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/cristiano-ronaldo/11479148/Cristiano-Ronaldo-wants-to-end-career-with-transfer-to-USA.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who are both these lasses you speak of?

If somebody doesn't know Michael Jordan you know they had no childhood because they never watched Space Jam

Dumb frogposter

Most Americans have never heard of Cristiano Ronaldo tbf. The only soccer players who everyone knows here are Beckham and Pele.

Define"know".
I could recognize a picture if him and say he plays soccer. Beyond that, no idea.

Yes, Michael Jordan. Wasn't he the first black person?

You're thinking of Michael Jackson

I've read the name Ronaldo but I couldnt pick him out of a police lineup. Same with Tsu, Moyes, and Zidane. I know theyre soccer people, but I have no clue what they look like.

Is Michael Jordan the basketball player or the 200m sprinter?

Tbqh I would never know who Messi and Ronaldo are if not for spuh.

Only soccer players I knew before spuh was Pele and David Beckham

That's the guy who's WR was btfo by the south African guy right?

you don't remember pic related? this is how i was introduced to him, i think i saw it on ESPN.

Ronaldo was on that little league soccer episode of the Simpsons when Lisa was diving left and right?

>DAE 90's kid Space Jam lol
Fuck off back to your own site reddit

>that Portuguese poster who pretends he makes good threads

It's not the same

Jordan was famous because of shoes and a film

Ronaldo's more like LeBron, they both have fuck all relevence outside of their sport

He is the moonwalk man.

I guarantee you most Americans would probably still think David beckham is playing.

no most americans aren't 12 year olds and we actually remember how long ago beckham was playing.

This is literally my first visit to this board and I have no idea who the fuck Cristiano Ronaldo is

Enjoy your day

i doubt half of the american population knows who pele is

Sprinter was Michael Johnson

I honestly thought that Beckham was the GOAT and was still playing when I first started watching soccer (2014). Confused the hell out of me when the World Cup was on and he wasn't on the field for England.

I couldn't name one nfl player and no idea what are the rules besides white man throws to black man who runs fast

Could only name hockey players if they were featured in NHL 2003

MLB: see NFL

golf: I challenge anyone to name 3 other players other than Tiger Woods

I wouldn't know Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Robben, etc. if not for here. Even so I couldn't tell you anything about them outside of the memes.

The only soccer players I knew before were Pele, Beckham, Donovan, Adu, Zidane, Alex Morgan, Hope Solo and Brandy Chastain, who besides Pele it's because they were simply all in the ESPN news cycle at various points.

The only soccer player I could probably recognize the face of would be Beckham. And I'm not sure if I would. Stay mad soccer fags

>pretends he doesn't know Michael Jordan

>I honestly thought that Beckham was the GOAT

This is why we always point out the flag.

>I knew Adu, Zidane, and some female players but I didn't know Ronaldo

Truly baffling but I believe you

American's have no idea who Ronaldo is. When we say Soccer is a girls sport it's not a meme.

pretty sure that's the other Ronaldo

Yeah, it's not a meme, you actually believe it because you are braindead morons

>let me tell you about your country

He means that soccer is a girl's sport in the United States. Obviously it's a man's sport in Europe and Latin America. But here, it's perceived as a sport for women, Mexican immigrants, and extremely effeminate men.

I know he's not now, but Beckham is literally the only male soccer player I had heard of before the 2014 WC. I assumed that since he was the only player famous enough to be well-known in the US, he must be one of the best ever. Otherwise why would anyone give a shit about him?

Ronaldo is desperate to become famous in the USA.

telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/cristiano-ronaldo/11479148/Cristiano-Ronaldo-wants-to-end-career-with-transfer-to-USA.html

Just like basketball here, a sport witch only plays girls and autistic. Better not to talk about baseball

More like hockey

Only heard of Ronaldo in passing. No idea what team he plays for.

Exactly. I'm not trying to insult your favorite sport, but that's just the reality of how it's seen here. I have to admit I'm a little surprised though, I thought the Spaniards took basketball at least a little seriously since you have a decent team.

He plays for an english team called Manchester United, they're like the Yankees of Europe.

>Alex Morgan, Hope Solo and Brandy Chastain

out of them, I only know who Hope Solo is and thats only because of her roast beef

I only know Adu because I played Football Manager 2005

Do brits know who is Lebron James?

>Ronaldo
>passing

He knew Higuain would've fuck it up

Do brits know who Lebron James is?

you wont be saying this when space jam 2 comes out, and lebrons lifelong contract with nike will probably end with his own shoe brand. fucker

I dont think non americans get just how irrelevant soccer is in america.
Ronaldo, messi , and david beckham could walk down any street in america at the same time and no one would give a fuck

i bet landon donvaon and hope solo get more recognized in america than ronaldo.

The problem with soccer is that it needs an american star (outside the olympics and world cup) so americans can have a guy to say thats our guy

+75% people in Argentina wouldn't know who Michael Jordan is and basketball is fairly big here, I'm quite sue +95% people in Britain don't know him

But you guys had Donovan and didn't gave a shit about him

literally only know that he's a black apehoop man

wouldn't recognise him

Is Michael Jordan that bloke from the looney tunes movie?

Not tru user. The US is crawling with Mexicans and >CHI, so they'd be mobbed here too.

americans dont watch or care or know when euro peon soccer is on.

NFL, NBA, MLB are the triforce of american sports

you what? he has one of the most recognisable faces

I could literally identify any cricket player with a single international or australian first class game under there belt at a distance of 250 m, but I couldn't name a single soccer player.

Is golf even that popular in Hungary?

I've played golf pretty much my whole life (I'm 28), but even here it's a fringe hobby for anyone under the age of 50.

That's bugs bunny

My condolences

nah I'm talking about the nigger from mars

That's Marvin the Martian. He helped fill out the required "ethnic" quota required for any Hollywood movie.

thanks mate

I can probably explain why this guy knew the following names:

>Adu: Hyped 'MURRICAN wonderkid since he was 13.

>Zidane: The headbutt

>USWNT players: Muh Title 9 and the fact they actually win things puts them on tv a decent amount. That and Brandi Chastain took her shirt off when she celebrated at the WWC.

only basketballman i would recognise is shaq and that's because of spee memes

No LeBron or Curry? They are more famous than Jordan here (basketball in Argentina was quite irrelevant before the Ginobili era)

nope. never watched basketball so my only exposure to it is spee memes

lebron is a name i recognise, curry isn't

No basketball players are famous here. I know Jordan by name and that he played for Chicago Bulls and was in a kids film but that's probably more than most. No non-sports fan would have heard of him.

What about Lebron James?

tbf most people probably know his name from him being namedropped in various american tv shows and films

who

Kobe Bryant?

0 recognition here

nope

Lewis Hamilton?

Who's Rip?

>is the most well known
>must be the best
holy shit this is what americans really think. Kim Kardashian is more well know than Stephen Hawking, she must be important!!
Lil Wayne is more well known than Steve Reich, he must be better :PPP!!!

pretty much this. i know jordan from space jam and rodman from that one movie with van damme. shaq is somewhat well known because hes a memer. no one knows lebron, curry is a dish to 99% of the planet, I don't even know why people should know him outside the states and i keep up with basketball somewhat.

hey mate, are you a cricket fan?

bad argument, completely crossing fields comparing kim kardashian to stephen hawking

No. Even I don't know what team he plays for and only know him from Sup Forums. Basketball is dressage tier here.

n-no

any particular reason why not?

>rodman
Now you mention it Rodman would be more known thanks lebron or curry here. I'm sure he was on tv at some point and I knew who he was with the weird hair and gayness.

ah yeah rodman was the one in the news for being friends with kim jong il or some shit

List the American athletes which normies in your country are familiar with.
Michael Jordan
Phelps
Serena Williams

Phelps and the Williams

matches are way too long, also at stupid times usually. plus i always get a high and mighty vibe from the entire thing that just puts me off. like the entire sport/athletes/fans think of themselves as they are supreme gentlemen and scholars who are god gifts to sports.

that's because we are

it's literally the most cerebral sport ever made

Mate, I would really appreciate if you could just watch our sport, just try it once.

Seriously though, who of the Europosters could identify Babe Ruth from a picture?
I couldn't and I'd also have a hard time with Brett Favre.

A lot of people here know Michael Jordan because of Space Jam

That's not his real account is it? Please tell me it's a parody.

Michael Jordan
LeBron James
Williams sisters
Michael Phelps

i could since he looks like my dad. i also like sports history.

>plus i always get a high and mighty vibe from the entire thing that just puts me off. like the entire sport/athletes/fans think of themselves as they are supreme gentlemen and scholars who are god gifts to sports.

it is the most popular in South Asia and those two billion pooinloos for fucks sake

pic related is one of the most notorious gangsters in Kingston, Jamaica and has one of the highest IQs in professional cricket. Doesn't exactly give off the high and mighty vibe

I know Babe Ruth was a baseball player, won't be able to recognize him. I don't even know off the top of my head what sport Brett Farve plays.

the real deal

Not euro, but I could purely because I studied american history in High School