*listens to Death Grips once*

*listens to Death Grips once*

I'm curious as to whether or not Ye actually did listen to them.

Yeezus is better than every DG album.

the production on Yeezus is better than any DG album

literally no similarities whatsoever

I wonder, with how many and varied samples his albums have, if he's listened to all the songs they come from.

stupid question

how so?

someone from his camp probably did, ye probably just listens to top 40 shit and gets notified when something is trending in todays music

he likes Sufjan

How can an artist sample a song on his own album without them listening to it then saying "Damn! This needs to be sampled."

The harsh production seems like a logical continuation of Human After All. Daft Punk co-produced the album.

Literally only Come Up and Get Me sounds somewhat similar to On Sight.

hmmmmnn Kanye is a weeaboo faggot so he more than likely did
Yeezus still shits on any of those cringe city albums from pleb shits

Carrie and Lowell probably gives him those "dead mother" sad feels :(

the ultimate red pill of modern music:

Kanye has influenced every hip-hop and pop artist since 2004.

Try speaking English.

He can have his people listen to stuff and record samples that they think are interesting and then he uses the samples later, it's been done before. Trent Reznor had one of his guys watch hundreds of hours' worth of films and record any sounds he thought Reznor could use.

because this was such a well put together thread and isn't going to 404 with 20 replies
coddle my balls and sniff my ass you dumb nigger death grips a shit

>Noah Goldstein (audio engineer): Part of my job is to be up on pop culture, but also keep track of what's going on in the depths of the music scene. I pride myself on my music library, which is so geeky, but it's true. I'm always thinking, "Are we doing something that's already being done?" If so, we should stop. One of my friends said the album sounded like Death Grips, and I was like, "I don't know what you're talking about, but OK." I know of them, but I can definitely say that we did not listen to Death Grips once the entire time we were making this album.

Coldest Winter is sadder and more emotional than anything on C&L so...

>Noah Goldstein (((((audio engineer))))): Part of my job is to be up on pop culture, but also keep track of what's going on in the depths of the music scene. I pride myself on my music library, which is so geeky, but it's true. I'm always thinking, "Are we doing something that's already being done?" If so, we should stop. One of my friends said the album sounded like Death Grips, and I was like, "I don't know what you're talking about, but OK." I know of them, but I can definitely say that we did not listen to Death Grips once the entire time we were making this album.

ftfy

So he has influenced nothing of importance? Good.

Too bad it was a rip off of Memories Fade

>decades from now people will rightly recognize Yeezus as his best album

feels good

>"I don't know what you're talking about, but OK."

Sounds mighty defensive.

t. metal fan

I fucking hope so

Nope, metal is for pussy faggots.

>>>/ktt/ dumb stans

It's better than any DG album. Besides, there are barely any similarities between Yeezus and Death grips.