What does Sup Forums think about Southern Rock?

?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rx_UaQx5eZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Xk83VHblPhE
youtube.com/watch?v=Bx5gdTtBq90
theboot.com/top-americana-alt-country-folk-albums-2016/#photogallery-1=10
youtube.com/watch?v=PTR13MV4fqc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dumb as hell, like all Southern culture

I like it a lot.

It's music only patriotic Americans get. Not popular anymore because of its connotation with rednecks

This is correct

cornier than squirrel shit

Simple music for simple minds

everyone shits on country for being redneck music. common misconception. having lived in the south, i can tell you the people who listen to country are pretty nice, outwardly at least.

it's the southern rock people you gotta watch out for. those are the ones who are absolutely on meth and keep trying to hit you up for money if they think of you as their friend. those are the fuckers with three yellowing teeth left in their mouth by the time they turn 30. these are the girl you went to high school who you haven't unfriended on facebook for some reason and now won't stop posting either highly-compressed minions jpegs or pictures of her shit-assed baby. is southern rock the catalyst for this? no. that's stupid. southern rock is a symptom of a group of people who think conforming to every stereotype of a redneck is just, the best.

Since rock began in the South - 'southern rock' is a bit of misnomer...

This band is widely credited with starting "southern rock" but it really has very little in common with Skynyrds and Hachets that followed...they were way ahead of their time with multi-racial band and embracing jazz and blues etc...

youtube.com/watch?v=Rx_UaQx5eZQ

Lynyrd Skynyrd is the best.

While most everyone knows them for their epic "Free Bird", they've got so many good hits.

"Simple Man" is probably the perfect Southern rock song.

Hello, niggers! I see Obongo has graciously gifted you a computer. Don't go pawning it for crack now!

Ha ha, what am I saying? Of course you're going to pawn it for crack.

They were a great band before the tragedy- Ronnie Van Zant was a great singer and performer- check up in 1976 in liberal coven SF
youtube.com/watch?v=Xk83VHblPhE

Don't be mad that the south is shit, user. If they didn't wanna be shit, then they shouldn't have A) lost the civil war, and B) inflicted so much shitty country music onto the world.

Most of it is/was DUDE DIXIE IS AWSOME LMAO but there were some good songs.

lolz

This man

Proceeds to show why southerners are perceived as autistic.

Epic

This is why the world hates Americans, because of people like you.

This is great rock and roll....plebs never know

take some lessons...

youtube.com/watch?v=Bx5gdTtBq90

Wow, a triggered AltRightKnight, what a fucking surprise.

>implying ah didn't pawn muh motha fuckin geekbox off months ago fo' crack
Who's laughing now cracka?

Good drinkin music

Honestly.

This is pretty accurate.

Granted most "country" are just suburban normies listening to pop country.

But goddamnit it's fun to hang out with Cletus, Bubba, Mary Anne, Annabel, and Steve. Getting drunk in their trailer listening to Molly Hatchet and watching NASCAR.

I had a teacher who was way into drive by truckers once, they any good?

you're trying way too hard

They went from jokes to politics and released one of the best albums of 2016.

theboot.com/top-americana-alt-country-folk-albums-2016/#photogallery-1=10

southern culture rules. all non southern women are awkward. whiskey is sustenance!
dirty south! lololol

youtube.com/watch?v=PTR13MV4fqc

I like Derek Trucks band..

Also, I REALLY dig The Weeks... They're dope as shit.

>still thinks crack is the big thing
shows how out of touch with reality you are

Honestly, I thought Lynyrd Skynyrd was actually just one artist by the name of Leonard Skynard when I was a kid.

This. Who the fuck smokes crack anymore? It's 2017. What is this? The 80's?

DTB doesnt exist anymore and they were not really a "southern rock" band in the traditional sense.