Why do these movies always get such sky high praise? I mean they're not bad i guess, pretty good childrens movies...

Why do these movies always get such sky high praise? I mean they're not bad i guess, pretty good childrens movies, solid film making serving its purpose.

But almost every one of those films are hailed as masterpieces, and a scarily high number of adults are comfortable with naming like, toy story or finding nemo some of their favorite movies.

What am i not getting about this?

I would say it's because these films accomplish exactly what they set out to do.

Kids love them.

I smell underage

Dropping some hot and correct opinions on to this thread right now.

Monster's Inc is overrated and mediocre.
Monster's University is way better than the original.
Dory was the worst part of the original Finding Nemo.
Up should've only lasted 10 minutes and the rest isn't very good.
Wall-E is overrated and is heavily tied down by the spaceship part.
The Good Dinosaur is decent but has problems with the story.
Same with Inside Out.
Cars 1 isn't as bad as a lot of people say.
Ratatouille is the best Pixar film.
Geri's Game is the best Pixar short.
Bonus round: Zootopia is mediocre.

shit opinions kys

Because Disney has successfully brainwashed a generation and right now they're the critics who rate movies and the hordes of brainwashed idiots follow.

These are all correct

Close on ratatouille, I'd say the incredibles beats it barely

Ratatouille is Anna Kendrick's best work

Damn, this.

Because Pixar is fueled by the Reality Distortion Field.

these 2 movies were legit good, though
but yeah, most of them are pretty mediocre to decent

I'd put Incredibles over Ratatouille. It just works better with animation.

Ratatouille is good, but no matter how cleverly they depict his sense of taste, it just doesn't translate well visually. It's sort of isolating to see the characters in love with one of their senses over and over but not have a way to experience that.

O'Toole as Anton Ego is fucking awesome though.

I agree with Up and Wall-E. If Wall-E stayed on Earth and it was just him and the other robot for the whole movie it would've been a masterpiece.

Agree with everything except Up.
Everything after the first ten minutes uses the beginning for some really solid character building, and I'd argue that Carl Frederickson is one of the best characters Pixar's written.
It's still far from perfect, but to completely dismiss the rest of it is silly.

correct

Pretty accurate from the movies I've seen

I especially don't understand the praise for Up, like 80%+ was really mediocre

I was going to argue that the Pixar name is enough to sell their movies, but the lukewarm reception to Brave and Good Dinosaur kind of disproves that.

I'd say mostly because it's an established IP that people already decided they liked, and nothing significant has happened yet to signal that it might not turn out well.

Because they're good movies. They're funny. You care about the characters. They're well animated and they have great writing

50/50

The majority of the people behind these movies, especially the voice actors, legitimately care about the product they're making. All other factors aside, that alone will inevitably make a movie stand out over the crowd. That alone won't make a GOOD movie, but it gives it a much better shot over others.

Movies where the people behind it cared about it and put everything they had into it's production: Citizen Kain, Toy Story, Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds at least, dude won't shut up about it), Pan's Labyrinth, Thank You For Smoking, Alien, and a good number of others.

Shit show cash grabs where people just wanted the money OR didn't ahve the same drive as the original source: M. Night shamallama movies (The Last Airbender), Every Transformer and Ninja Turtles movie, A.I. (Spielberg did not have the same passion for the work as Kubrick, full stop), Prequel Star Wars movies, Crystal Skull, and a thousand other examples.

This

You wouldn't understand seeing as you don't have a family of your own

Makes sense. Zootopia is the only recent film with the Disney name on it to have deserved any of its praise.

Fucking 5 star post nigga, especially on first 3.
Incredibles and TS1 are best though

Monster's University is trash

I haven't seen Monster's Inc in years though

That Jewy nasaly voice was God awful and the stupid mom plot of the 2nd movie was boring and predictable.

The first one was a fun kids movie.

good opinions: the post

>Ratatouille is the best Pixar film.
my negro