I just realized how great this album is, what the fuck. Pretty much the only metal album that doesn't make me cringe

I just realized how great this album is, what the fuck. Pretty much the only metal album that doesn't make me cringe.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dlLmTRPTOtA?t=1141
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wait until you listen to the follow-up

your right OP cringies are icky XD

this guy unironically listens to death metal

It's pretty tame, with not a lot of interesting riffs at all. Not as heavy as the heavier stuff in the genre, not as savage as the faster crazier stuff in the genre. Still a great entry point into the genre though, it's essentially made for people like you (and me ten years ago) that automatically look down on metal for irrational reasons.

But that's dadrock, not metal

The thing is that I've listened to the album many times in the past and it just recently dawned on me what a masterpiece it is. I always considered AJFA to be superior up until recently.

Tame or not, I still think it's the best album metal as a whole has to offer and I've listened to plenty of 'essentials' from all kinds of subgenres. In the end, most of it sounds like try-hard macho bullshit.

>try hard
>macho

found the problem, you're deeply ashamed of being male. explains the metallica anyway lmao

I just realized how great this album is, what the fuck. Pretty much the only indie rock album that doesn't make me cringe.

I dislike blowhards, it has nothing to do with masculinity. Master of Puppets is objectively the best metal album in existence and there's nothing you can do about it.

>Master of Puppets is objectively the best metal album in existence and there's nothing you can do about it.
holy shit
that's why i never leave /metal/
everything outside of it is a pure cringefest

>I dislike blowhards, it has nothing to do with masculinity

ahaha oh god I can imagine you shivering in your little sweater as you say this. Godspeed m80 enjoy your guilty pleasure shitmetal

Wait, are you actually disagreeing with my statement? You know nothing about good music then. Go listen to your "tr00 metal" try-hard bullshit and be a poser.

the thing that should not be is the best song in the album

yeah dudes i listened to brutal death metal when i was 15 too

>try-hard macho bullshit
Is the only essential you listened to, Pantera, Korn, or post-Roots Sepultura?

Metallica has nothing on the heaviness of an album like Black Sabbath's Master Of Reality or the savage feel plus intricate riffs of the likes of Morbid Angel's Altars Of Madness or the technical, dynamic play of the likes of Heathen's Victims Of Depression.

Sure MOP and AJFA have like, I guess a surface level of "versatility" in that there's be typical thrashy tracks, a multi part song that also has clean bits, an instrumental, etc. But looking at each of those tracks on their own, they are very repetitive and formulaic in terms of the riffs that they offer (I know more riffs doesn't necessarily equate to being better, but compared to their other Big Four peers they tend to have the least per track to the extent where there's the least amount of development happening per track.) Not to mention that even the cool riffs are bogged down by Lars' drumming since he just plays enough to get through a particular section rather than somehow improving it.

First 4 albums are incredible. I personally like Ride more but eh, opinions I guess

Fuck that. This is the only thread on Sup Forums that matters.

It's pretty much Ride the Lightning with more polish. Metallica peaked at And Justice for All.

this is unironically the heaviest riff of all time

youtu.be/dlLmTRPTOtA?t=1141

Opeth - Blackwater Park

Tool - Lateralus

Megadeth - Rust in Peace

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Iron Maiden - Powerslave

Behemoth - The Satanist

Meshuggah - Catch Thirtythree

These are all much better than Master of Puppets

cool that you like it OP. but listen to pic related next.

m9 there is plenty of great metal coming out today

>pretty tame
>not as heavy, so it isn't as good
>ashamed of being male
>your little sweater
Damn you guys are such insecure losers who are obsessed with how manly you look to others thank god you have your sequestered general. Go ahead and listen to garbage like Suffocation and Cryptopsy.

at least you have decent taste tho

>Opeth - Blackwater Park
>Tool - Lateralus
>Meshuggah - Catch Thirtythree

Maximum cringe

t. underage b&s

Don't even bother. Small minded people will only insult you for mentioning Tool. Metal discussion outside of the general is atrocious.

>babies first metal

Tool is the reddit of metal. Every respectable metalhead hates them.

What's wrong with calling Metallica tame or not heavy? They are tame relative to many others in that field, not bringing as many intricate and interesting riffs, shit the verse riffs for the title tracks to MOP and RTL are almost the same for example. If they aren't going for that, then some sort of groovy heaviness akin to say Sabbath or Eyehategod would be nice, but they don't have that either. It's as by the numbers and simple for metal as it gets; it lacks any form of visceral intensity at all relative to the better bands in the genre.

I don't particularly care about the tryhard macho thing. Like with all music, I don't care for the the aesthetic image as much as I care for the songwriting.

Not sure what the other two meant when it came to being ashamed or about the sweater.

>at least you have decent taste tho
Thanks

I do not understand the hate-boner for reddit. As if the Sup Forums of metal could possibly be more respectable.

Either way, respect is overrated. I like Tool.

>be a poser.
i know this is an anonymous site but thats no reason to purosley make yourself look like an asshole

Disposable Heroes is one of the most hard-hitting and and visceral metal tracks I've heard, mainly thanks to the lyrics and how the track progresses.

Metallica were a monster when it came to songwriting. At this point I just see people as contrarians who try to disprove the legendary status MOP has. No other metal album is as immediately enjoyable, no other album even comes close.

>verse riffs for MOP and RTL are almost the same
You clearly don't play guitar, but do you even listen?

Don't ask for nu-males' opinions on metal. Or EDM, or punk, or rock, or really anything that gets across any kind of potentially offensive or interesting message

They don't understand it. They think it has no redeeming qualities beyond being loud and think the only reason that people would like it is because they're "Angsty 13 year olds that want to look profound", not being able to imagine that some people just like things and don't use everything as a way of projecting their insecurities.

Justice for all is better m8

creeping death>disposable heroes
RTL>MOP

>At this point I just see people as contrarians who try to disprove the legendary status MOP has.
I literally said otherwise, and commended it in my first post in this topic for being essentially THE record that gets people into metal. Not sure if it's the absolute top of the entire genre though, one because of the reasons I laid out, two because of how different subgenres achieve totally different things musically, three that most people that give MOP its legendary status don't actually listen to a large variety of metal to begin with thus not being as knowledgeable on the subject.

>No other metal album is as immediately enjoyable, no other album even comes close.
Being immediately enjoyable isn't a measurement of quality. Generic radio pop is the most immediately enjoyable thing to the average person in the world, that's why it's marketed so much more than anything else musically. But that doesn't make it good necessarily.

>Disposable Heroes is one of the most hard-hitting and and visceral metal tracks I've heard, mainly thanks to the lyrics and how the track progresses.
The track's like six different riffs cycled over a massive eight minutes, that's not amazing progression in the realm of metal. Most of each riff is also made of repeated chugging of the same notes.

James Hetsfield's pseudo-singing only weakens the visceral attack on the song since it's not as raw nor heavy as the rest of the track.

Kirk's solos, like as is par on course with Metallica, formulaic pentatonic shapes playing, and Metallica also give too much emphasis to guitar solos when they happen (making guitar solos seem super cool in metal only ruins the flow of a track in metal, they are honestly better as sorta fills that make a track sound crazier like an early Morbid Angel solo or something that just sounds unhinged instead of trying to be conventionally musical but being a watered down take on something like...John McLaughlin's crazy jazz stuff)

>James Hetsfield's pseudo-singing
>pseudo-singing

You're so full of shit, just stop.

Yeah, my bad on that, I meant most of Master Of Puppets in general. It's almost always the F#, G, A, and A# power chords that entail the vast majority of every track (with open note chugs in between). All variations are just the same exact chords but moving everything one string up.

Did you faggot realize that all great bands in the 80s featured guys who were born about halfway 1965s. All the great metal bands, guns n roses...They made revolution. Was it because of the music they were listening when they were young? If so, take a look at what kind of bands we have now and listen to the shit what people have been listening during 90s- you can't argue that downfall has been happening 20 years now. Oh wait, you are probably millennial sucking your mother's titties and complaining about insensitivity.

What? So you're saying he doesn't do a thing where it's the more screamed style of vocals from the first two records with a more melodic tinge (you can clearly hear his pitch change throughout MOP). Are you deaf? You really haven't listened to much Metallica nor metal if you don't think MOP is where he really first tried to make his vocals slightly more melodic.

well said, couldn't agree more

>Not as heavy as
I used to be like you..

>tfw Orion comes on

Why are the instrumental tracks always the best one on every good Metallica album

>thinks Metallica is anywhere near as heavy as something with a thicker tone and more driving riffs like Sabbath's Master Of Reality
Bigger, slower, yet still driven with riffs. Not sure how that's not heavier than a band than has a thinner, more treble-based sound with a faster tempo and a style of riffing that entails repeatedly hitting the same not very fast.

Downgrade.

>respectable metalhead
thank god nobody takes those guys seriously

This is without a doubt the best metal album ever released

At least much better than OP's

Leprosy is better though.

I'm assuming you make tweets about "toxic masculinity" and follow "indie journalism"