So basically this storyline was filler

So basically this storyline was filler.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I mean she learned to be a bad bitch. So no.

Its their lazy way of going "look now she can kill people and it'll make sense"

I guess they can't kill her off and her contract stipulates a certain amount of screen time.

Arya is dead

Not quite.
>If she had stayed in Westeros she would have been caught by someone and died.
>She learned how to observe people and find their weakness.
>She learned how to be someone she's not, blend in, poison/kill someone and not get detected.
>She learned how to peel faces and use them to hide her identity even further.
>She learned how to take a shit ton of pain for a little girl.
>She learned how to fight w/o seeing.
>She was away from Westeros long enough for her half brother and sister to come into power and now has a reason to back there.

Watch Arya die next episode.

yes just like Danny's story for 5 books before Aegon came

more like "arya has figured out that killing is dumb"

she'll join the sparrows and the hound will protect her against the mountain

The show is nothing but filler. lame ass show.

it makes a bit more sense in the books (presuming that the book story line will end in a similar fashion, if at all)
part of Arya's conflict is her perception of assuming new roles at every turn in order to survive
she gives all of these roles names, and yet none are her removing her more and more from the her that is Arya Stark
this is compounded by the fact that every time she thinks she can go back to being Arya Stark, something horrible happens to her (abducted by the brothers without banners for ransom, the Red Wedding, etc.)

I imagine that in a way, Jaqen recognized this and believed that she could complete the transition to no one

this season has concluded that conflict, Arya has decided not to become no one and give up her true self, and is going to return to her country as Arya Stark, no matter what consequences it brings

To what possible end that was worth spending so many hours on?

Did Noah get a lot of money, or something?

How else would she get the ability to kill everyone on that list?

You need to be some plot armor magic assassin to do that shit

OH WAIT THAT IS WHAT SHE IS NOW

Yes, yes, well done a girl, well done a girl

HOWEVER

Wow.
That both makes perfect sense, and also makes me wonder why so much time was spent on this very minor theme, no matter how well developed it is.

Is she going to become the Westerosi version of Dany? I highly doubt it. What possible function was there in building this character up so much when there's nothing for her to do.

What is this show and why is spoony in it

her going there had purpose; getting out of westeros and learning to kill. also abandoning her name but eventually being moved enough to take it back

but the screentime devoted to her character was boring. would have been more compelling if there was something the audience wanted to see each time the narrative visited Dorne instead of just constant cliffhangers

training arc

pretty based, desu

I don't think she'll amass armies like Dany
she'll probably do something on her own that either directly or indirectly assists Jon and Sansa
I'm not sure if she'll join up with them or not

for her to show her bad pussy

ITT: People who don't understand themes of self discovery, identity, lost innocen, or children in general.

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

You now realize Arya hasn't been compelling since season 2.

Bullshit. Arya and the Hound shared some of the best moments in the show

she could already kill people and make sense, she had a list of vengence

I don't think that people don't understand I just think the story so completely failed to resonate with the viewer it makes the audience question if they're missing something because seasons 1-3 have conditioned them to expect such quality content that they can't believe how bad the story has gotten so they're in denial and blame themselves. Becuase the writing itself is so lazy and obvious lately they really isn't anything for the viewer to miss unless they're concocting their own fan fiction in their heads to try and fill the gaps the show is missing

god that storyline turned out so much worse than i had imagined. loved that guy at first, and then suddenly ayy lmao i'm a monk that does nothing all day.

but then again that's like the whole show really.

>liking a cult assassin who is very clearly a psychopath

is Tyrion your favorite character too for being a Lannister with a heart of gold?

Also this, at least syrio was a compelling character who had intersting stories to tell the viewer each episode instead of A GIRL HAS NO NAME LMAO x1000. The guy is like an action figure he has three lines ad neasuem

Can you cite a single scene that deepened her character? No? Yhata because she was nothing more than Le Whacky Lolita XD playing off Mr. Gruff Nofun

Or maybe it's because the audience had 20 years of people reading and exploring the source material in the first few seasons that it was simpler to understand.

Pretty sure there's nothing fan fictiony about someone coming up with the themes I mentioned from this season. It just takes a miniscule of brains to figure out the Lady Crane/Arya relationship.

Literally the theater scenes. It made her set aside her escapism. It made memories and unfinished business resurface and brought her back in tune with her Arya Stark side.

to be fair, i do think there has been a dawning in the audiences collective minds, starting with the previous season, realizing the show really has gone to shit. after three seasons, the show has simply fizzled with the exception of one or two spectacular scenes per season.

>The time she killed a man for bragging about Robb's death.
The first time she murdered someone and not for self defense reasons.
>The time she killed the guy who took Needle from her.
The first time killing for the sake of revenge.
>Almost hitting the Hound with a rock and he let her have a chance to.
She learned to restrain herself in times of anger and know when she is in over her head.

Oh, specifically the Arya and Hound scenes.

When they pretended to be a father-daughter pair in the Riverlands and got shelter and food from the one family. Then the Hound betrayed the family. It was a lesson in the harsh reality of being alone and desprerate.

Arya being led away from the Twins by the Hound. It taught her that not everyone is how they appear and that the biggest shit in the Seven Kingdoms might not be so bad.

Him teaching her the best places to stab someone. Physically helpful.

Killing the Frey men after the RW as a closure/revenge. It's outright murder.

That arch is literally just an unorthodx 12 year old girl learning her diminishing place in the world with an unorthodx father figure learning his diminsih place in the world. If you don't think there's any character development or lessons learned along the way, then maybe you don't need "Previously On Game Of Thrones". You'd need the characters breaking the 4th wall and outright tellnig you how they're day was and how it made them feel,

Such a great assasin she stood around obliviously waiting to get jumped when she knew the faceless men would be out to get her

She is so fucking ugly lmao

>she was able to kill waif and sneak up on a MAn
baka she better be a ninja when she gets back to westeros or the West beyond Westeros :^))))))

is this the only angle at which she looks like a normal human and not some in-bred frog thing

>She learned how to take a shit

whoa whoa whoa, she had to go to the faceless men to learn how to take a shit?

>ton of pain for a little girl.

oh.

>ywn paint her face with your penis milk

She looks almost cute there as a ruffian.

>she learned to be a mary sue

k

How does one shrug off several gut stab wounds and a massive blood loss?

Young constitution? That being said. Y'all need to rewatch the first two episodes of Season 1. The Direwolves go from pups to fully grown huge dogs in an episode. Time skips aren't done well, but we honesty don't know how long she was in that house before Waif found her. Enough to be healed enoughthat it took falling down stairs to re open her wound which was probably 3/4 healed. I know you're all experts on stab wounds but people have survived worse. Not defending Dumb and Dumber's writing cuz it was shit and they could have done so many other things but....

how does one barely get out of bed and then jump out of a second story window and slowly walk away from someone sprinting after them?

Did the actress not say the play was moving to another city and ask Arya along? Don't know if she specified a timeframe though.

>a girl has wasted my fucking time

Can't remember. Hell if i'm watching that shit episode again.

She is going to meet Mel again, assuming she wasn't bullshitting. Of course Mel may not be with Jon at that point.

>every scene must "deepen" a character

>her half brother and sister to come into power and now has a reason to back there.

???
Jon is her cousin and as far we know she's full sisters with Sansa.

settle down bookfag until it's official revealed Jon is still a half brother. and yes Sansa is a full sister i didn't word that right i guess.

>wound 3/4th healed
>after her stomach was stabbed, bowels, and various parts of her intestines were stabbed
>after she fell into shit and piss infested dirty water, seeping into all of her very open and bleeding wounds
>healed just fine

okay

They needed some other element in her faceless plot. Maybe a letter correspondence with Jon or something. The whole thing was teasing, and no pay off. She's basically where she was at the end of season 4, except now she can maybe stab someone after the sun goes down.

This makes me so sad because it's true.

>she learned to be a mary sue

This desu

>people calling Rey in TFA a Mary Sue because she bypassed all character development and can do anything without training
>Arya has 2 seasons of training for character development
>still call her Mary Sue

It's filler in the books too because George doesn't know what the fuck he's doing. Not D&D's fault in this case.

Right?
>Wants to learn swordfighting. Sucks at first
>Wants to save her father. Can't.
>Gets captured by Lannisters. Can't escape w/o help.
>Gets captured by BwB. Only escapes because of luck.
>Gets captured by the Hound. Can't escape until Brienne of FUCKING Tarth beats her captor.
>Goes through grueling challenges at the house of black and white getting beat by sticks.
>Goes blind and has to be a beggar in a town half a world away from home.
>Only beats Waif because of her blind training and a bit of luck.
Mary Sue. Okay.

>character is given time to develop a skill
>that makes her a mary sue
Jesus Christ shut the fuck up.

how does a girl who has fucking earned all her shit a mary sue?

danaerys is the mary sue not arya

he prolly got some dirty underwear to sniff out of it

Milk of the puppy is heroin magic, it cures everything from deep stab wounds to herpes

she would be dead if she let herself be taken by Brienne. She's clearly a huge fuck up. Not one oath she made went correct.

Arya going to braavos helped shape her
her storyline and is about the only one that hasn't been completely destroyed by the incompetence of retarded jews known as D&D.

kek

The entire arch was so poorly written that it's almost comical.
>Arya start training with Jaqen
>she develops the basics of what is being no one, both physically and psychologically
>she oversteps her boundaries of what she can do and gets punished with blindness
Season 5 did a good job (and I can't believe I'm saying that) setting what was this whole "being no one" was about and what Arya would need to become an assassin of this cult.
The season 6 came and literally destroyed everything.
>she clearly is still someone, but somehow the magic water does work and give her back her sight
>a bunch of scenes of her getting destroyed by Waif, showing that the gap of skill is quite big
>she's sent on a mission to kill someone
>she refuses because she's still someone, Arya Stark to be more accurate, and decides to escape
And this is where things get crazy.
>at first Arya does the smart thing and hides in some abandoned crypt
>then she goes out like nothing is happening, despite knowing that she's against assassins that can take any face and ambush her
>against all odds she gets ambushed by Waif and gets stabbed in the gut twice, the second one while twisting the knife
>she survives and despite being severely injured, escapes fast enough just to not get tracked or anything
>she gets patched up and takes milk of the puppy
>Waif arrives
>she run faster than Waif for a mile at least, despite being injured and being chased by a better trained assassin
>then she goes to her hiding spot for some sort of ambush I guess
>fights her in the dark and defeats her despite being injured, but lets say that she had the upper hand since she had all that blind training and she had a better weapon
>then, instead of escaping she goes directly to the house of black and white exposing her like an idiot, put the head of Waif in one of the spots and threatens Jaqen because she can
>Jaqen has a ragging erection because of this and let her go, despite being against all of what he tried to teach her

If Arya had been in Braavos for a few episodes, Sup Forums would have said
>hurr durr arc ruined blah blah her training was rushed no character development DABID

Since they actually took time slowly building her character and skills(her storyline could afford to be a little slow, there was alot going on in other arcs) everyone here is bitching about it. Classic /tvirgins/ complaining about everything. I have loved every second of her story and look forward to Best Stark and Best Girl finally destroying her enemies.Fuck the haters, bow down bitches. Arya Fucking Stark is going home

Arya's plot armor is so ridiculous that she can fuck the plot if she wants, it's not like she will get killed or anything.

She's not going to stand a chance against a common foot soldier and she already willing to murder prior to even leaving for Braavos. Literally nothing of worth has happened.

see

my favorite part was that, true to character, it was clear that he did not give a shit when Arya just busted out of there

she walks out and he has this face like "I'm not even mad thats dank as fuck."

A year of a man's life was flushed down the toilet and a man couldn't be less rustled

There is no way GRRM is actually telling them the truth of what's really going on because they're clearly making changes on the fly. Let's focus on the Sand Snakes... oh wait, no one likes them? Ok, we'll write them out of the show. Arya goes to Braavos to learn to be an assassin... oh wait, everyone is bored by it? Ok we'll have her leave next season. Let's have Bran be a tree god who can see everything... oh wait, that won't work well for tv? Let's just have him escape.

Nothing adds up to the greater overall plot. TWoW better deliver.

Sexy murder Jesus works in mysterious ways.

Arya has Faceless Man powers now you fucking moron.

That's what makes her such a Mary Sue. She has the powers without any of the requirements for being a faceless man. Is just lazy writing.

>has to let her pet direwolf go for fear of said direwolf being executed
>Father murdered
>Is a homeless refugee for whole seasons, with
various kidnappers controlling her at different times
>Brother and Mother murdered
>Castle where she was raised burned to the ground
>Has literally crossed off only name from her list, the least important name
>Mary Sue

You guys must really hate female characters youre not allowed to fuck. I cant thnk of any other reason anyone would call her a Mary Sue

Well, she was never gonna be able to join them. They are a neutral group, while she just wanted to learn how to fight to get revenge for her family. She wasn't about to entirely give up who she is.
She could only use them to learn how to fight and survive.

This exactly, character progression!

What is it exactly with people not caring about the journey in the story. All the charater development and stuff that shows how they are able to do things... Why do these people rather skip right to the end? Why even follow a show like this then?
Just go watch a movie where all the character training is compressed into a short music/song montage then.

How do you figure. Arya did the equivalent of taking every college course needed to graduate and then not following through with the ceremony. She knows how to be no one w/o being a mindless drone who kills whoever the cult wants her to kill.

But she hasn't learned much practical from them.

I'm pretty sure when this series has ended, someone is gonna cut the entire show into a 2 or 3 hour long movie telling the story. Cutting away all "Filler content" as they call it. Only following people that survive long enough to be importen to the larger parts of the plot.

Aryas training will be kinda like Disney's Mulan "Lets get down to buisness!" bit.

>she had such rough times, she deserves the power-up
You can't be this retarded. Please, tell me I'm the one not understanding your logic here, because it looks like you're saying something along those lines.
I mean it doesn't look like she actually had the powers. More like she had some training and learned how to lie better. It would be bullshit if she actually had faceless man powers considering she's still someone.

Are you literally retarded? Where did I say she deserves a power-up? Im just saying, its ridiculous to call her a Mary Sue, who by definition, is a character who has everything go right for her. I dont give two fucks about if she deserves her power-up, she is the farthest thing from a Mary Sue regardless. Her whole life has been fuckup after fuckup by both her family and her

... You're not wrong

Then it was me, my bad.
She has been a mary sue the entire season though.

But she literally used a face to kill Meryn fucking Trant. And yeah the past few episodes of her arc were shit but Jagen said she was no one what's to stop her from skinning faces and using them like she did on Trant? Seriously. I'm asking.

Did anyone else think it was retarded when the waif was disguised as an old woman and literally removed a mask to reveal her real face.

No magic, no mystery, just literally wearing a dead person's face.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't supposed to be like that.

>No magic, no mystery

that stealing faces business still bothers me
does that mean the face Jaqen dons after escaping Harrenhal he just happened to be carrying around with him? What happens if a man gets searched?
>hey pal, why are you carrying five faces around?
Don't tell me they have caches of faces stashed around, like spy thrillers do with passports.

I'm not much a fan of the more over-blown fantasy elements, namely the children in the north and their plasma grenades, but an order of assassins with Disguise Self as a spell-like ability is something that works just fine.

>She learned that being stabbed multiple times can be cured with some milk and a day of bed rest
>She learned that her plot armour allows her to win any fight no matter how injured she is

I thought you guys were memeing and Waif was just a joking way of saying "waifu", turns out it's actual character name, what the fuck

Can she faceswap without access to the hall of faces? If she could build her own little collection somehow, she could actually accomplish something. Otherwise, she's (in-show) a 13-year old girl who can fight in the dark

Arya shapeshifted her organs around the damage. Think before posting please.

>now a girl is no one

What did he mean by this?

If I had to guess, I would think that only novices using the actual faces and the master faceless men just cast Disguise Self

In the book she bumps into Sam, who stops in Braavos on his way to Oldtown.

He was panicked and spooked because arya has become game of thrones I mean, so powerful that she managed to somehow get into the hall of faces and stick the waif's face up there without anyone noticing. Although, apparently it's only Jaqen and Waif that exist there, and he must be the one who does the shopping, so that makes sense I guess. It's not like they have doors inside the place, or guards or anything. Anyway, he is a psychopathic killer who is incapable of expressing emotions, but he is also a a massive pussy and ironically super scared of dying, so he just blurted out the first thing he could think of.

Nah, she's Batman now.

he didn't want to get stabbed