Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A848xpsDJbw
xojane.com/sex/the-agony-and-ecstasy-of-being-a-kept-woman
youtube.com/watch?v=a3PpS8ZZouM
youtube.com/watch?v=pVDDnDzpoHM
youtu.be/lNKZ9ycIdlY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ZIP

I liked John Mulaney's Comeback Kid on Netflix. And Jimmy Carr's.

RECRUITAH

The lovely Mia, everyone!

I agree.

It used to be about people saying really profane stuff, shocking you with rudeness, but also being a source of catharsis. E.g. the comedian would tell you about a common scenario that you had probably encountered yourself, but tell you that they dealt with it in a way that you wish you had dealt with it (by punching someone, by being rude, by being funny, whatever)

Now it's just "WOW AREN'T PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT LIBERAL REALLY FUNNY? LMAO"

Bo Burnham killed it by making it self-aware. It's what's happened to humans. You become self aware and then you stagnate. Instant gratification supercedes long term survival and people start drinking and drugging and fucking and thinking themselves to death. And Bo Burnham has murdered comedy.

OH IT'S BRUTAL

LOOK AT THIS DOOD

There are different styles of standup comedy, though.

THE OL' RIGHT THERE FRED

I agree. Comedians pushed boundaries for entertainment. You can see comedy start to decline in the mid 2000's. All those hipsters and soft skinned milennials ruined comedy by making every joke into something offensive and taking jokes seriously.

>its a cigars and booze with virzi and the lads episode

>Stand up Comedy is dead

not as long as this guy is alive

youtube.com/watch?v=A848xpsDJbw

He will unfortunately never get work with major exposure. It's like he named the jew or something.

It's not dead, just full of lowest-common-denominator observational crap. I used to think that Britain had the best stand-up but honestly it's tied 50-50 with the US in terms of a sheer garbage:great ratio
There's a handful of great comedians from both nations who are consistently brilliant, and the rest are the same old trite shit.

>Bo Burnham killed it by making it self-aware.
Maybe in the States, but British comedians have done that for quite a while already.

Stand up is more prevalent than ever. Kevin Hart sold out a football stadium for his act. Stand-up is all over tv, and comics can get so much exposeur. People are experimenting with the art-form and doing their own thing with it. I think it's a great time to be a stand up

What the fuck Bill?

She's also exactly the type of woman he's always warning men to stay away from

xojane.com/sex/the-agony-and-ecstasy-of-being-a-kept-woman
Interesting
Listening to them playing $100000 Pyramid was funny as fuck though, and while she often blurts out knee-jerk, reactionary shit Nia takes a joke well and goes with it

gonna list a ton of great comics: John Mulaney, Hannibal Buress, Louis C.K., Natascha Leggero, Ron Funches, Tig Notaro, Mike Birbiglia, Paul F. Thompkins, Kyle Kinane, Aziz Ansari, Jen Kirkman, Chelsea Peretti, and that's just a few. And you say it's dead

comedy has been self aware since Andy Kaufman

>Shit
>Decent, better writer than performer
>Overrated
>Literally who
>Shit
>Cancer Shit
>Shit
>Fag
>Literally who?
>Literally shit
>Gave up after Aziz

US stand up comedy is at least 15 years behind other anglo countries. It's pathetic to see what passes for humour in the states. Basically just loud noises.

When was the last time you went to a local show?

anti-humor is as old as jokes

>Aziz Ansari
I saw that name first and knew I didn't need to read any more. Abysmally shit taste.

ok this user is retarded . here is an actual list of good comedians

Mark Normand
Joe List
Kurt Metzger
Colin Quinn
Sean Patton
Joe Derosa

all of them are better than your shit list

li
te
ra
ll
yw
ho

Don't tar everything with the same brush user; there's the obligatory clichéd crap like the phenomena of typical ethnic comedy, and most female comics just being sensationalized, overly-marketed rubbish, which happens in both the US and Britain.
The US comics aren't behind other Anglo countries at all, they've just gone in a different direction. For example, if you were to compare Bill Burr with Stewart Lee, you may find them both exceptional but for very different reasons. They're pretty much polar opposites, but both funny and insightful in different ways.
Stewart Lee wouldn't work in the States, and Bill Burr would likely have a good following but never hit the mainstream in Britain or get his own comedy show.

I love Burr and watch/listen to just about anything he is involved in. But she just kills the podcast for me. Every. Single. Time. She is literally the exact opposite of Burr. Which is fine. She seems like a perfectly nice human being. Opposites attract and all. But I HATE when she comes on because its like she just puts a fucking cock cage on him and it drives me nuts.

you have shit taste

NYC

LA

comes down to whether you like jokes or improv. NYC is objectively better though of course

Not them, but a year ago or so, saw Jon Dore.

>implying Jay Mohr doing Colin Quinn isn't better than actual Colin Quinn
Ugh, shut up dummy. You're embarrassing everyone.

See the thing is you're not shitting on the entire comic scene. I mean damn LA has so many fucking comedy clubs it's ridiculous. Even Long Beach has a few. You can't just make a sweeping generalization unless you know what the scene is like and you only know what the scene is like by going to shows.

didn't recognize the first two, rest aint bad. You seem to go for the angry guy comic.

Just checkin on ya

West siiieeeed

the amount of fellation gets in here is disgusting. Bill Burr is an AVERAGE FUCKING COMEDIAN. Fucking americans. There are other top tier comedians out there: Brand, Lee, Schumer. jfc Sup Forums get some comedian taste.

too obvious ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

adding some: Moshe Kasher, Kumail Nanjiani, Jay Larson, Brody Stevens, Jim Gaffigan, Eric Andre

Nice b8 m8

this was bad go back to meme school

youtube.com/watch?v=a3PpS8ZZouM

FUCK YOU LA Comedians suck monkey dick ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

>jay larson

yeah 1 story memer with no act you have no idea what your talking about

that guy is a real jerk

>Kurt Metzger

see him tomorrow

KOOMI NOOJIOONI

why you hating on the LA comedy scene??

you fucking retard, guys like burr are selling out madison square gardens and shitloads of comedy clubs. its dead on tv and youtube maybe.

maybe, but

it died with patrice o neal
and so did manhood

the rise of twitter jokes and memes and funny clickbait videos and the internet instant gratification machine has saturated everyone's lives with humor that they don't need to go watch someone on a stage tell jokes any more

ITT: People who only watch Netflix original specials.

Real comedy is still out there. Stop watching Russel Peters and Kevin Hart

When was the last the time you went to a show? How many shows you go to this year?

calling bo burnham as influential at all is fucking hilarious

somebody gonna get a hurt real bad

jay mohr is great

Yall need coco diaz fuckin cocksuckas

m8

>she.gif

>mfw i still listen to old shows of patrice

I can't move on

just finished black phillip, after finished the 145 O&A episode run

his death is literally the hardest one i've ever had to deal with in my life, worse than the family I've known that died

The worst is when she chimes in on the advice column and either says dumb shit or just ridicules the guy in question for no reason. Her not being funny is one thing, but railroading the most interesting/entertaining part of each episode just spoils it.

Imagine writing a letter to him, and he decides to read yours and two other letters out of probably hundreds or even thousands, and it's a Nia episode. I'd be disappointed.

I still get sad about Richard Jeni.

I can't quite put into words all of the things that make his death so tragic to me but I feel the exact same.

>Joe Derosa
Haven't heard from him in years. Is he still a whiny manbaby who gets upset because people don't like the Star Wars prequels and Republicans exist?

i feel you
i think it's the feeling of so much material that was lost
so much insight that we'll never have on the crazy shit going on right now
even his wisdom from 10 years ago is pertinent and relevant today
it's just fucking tragic

Triggered much?

>2. You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

DUDE OTHER PEOPLE'S STORIES AND ANECDOTES LMAO

Mohr is a tool. I remember when he was on Jim Jefferies' podcast and brought his boring wife along. He kept trying to derail the show to talk about her and trying to get everyone to pay her compliments.

Comedians are overtly political, as in to the point of ideological posturing, to the extent that they abdicate their roll as a comedian. By taking an ideological stance, they are failing to find the absurd in a given situation or topic simply because it's personally important to them. A true comedian can make fun of anyone and everyone, never fully revealing his thoughts, neither by over statements, or by omission, and protecting his sacred cows.

That manhand.

Colin Quinn>Billy Burr

Hey don't forget Schumer stealing his material and raping his legacy as well

Stand-up comedy is Sup Forums-tier, anyway.

Troll is troll.

Wasn't it Kurt Metzger stealing the material while working as her writer?

Yes, but Schumer was good friends with Patrice

Surely she recognized his material. could have easily not used it

They both had their hand in it

It got hijacked by PC unfunny millenials with a "don't punch down" attitude. It's totally fucked right now, even burr is subscribed to it you can tell by the way he apologizes for his jokes.

It's weird to see Bill turn into a guy who refuses to even read the word "faggot".

I still remember Patrice shitting all over that one douche from Workaholics for that millennial approach to comedy

why did he kill his own career?
everyone adores him, he could probably get whatever he wanted if it was reasonable, but he just doesn't
his laziness with his podcast is an example. he can continue, but he just doesn't
why? he wants to just grow old, fat, and watch sports but its just not fair
the guys a real jerk

And his mission to shit on the "women's fun time movement" God he'd be prime right now.

>the guy's a real jerk
:)

wow what a cutie pie.

what's her name?

Dave Garcia

what context do i use this in

give 'em the ol' right there fred

CLUB DUBYA

TERR'R

MY DADDY LOVES ME MORE THAN JEB

I can't exactly remember Burr's explanation but I think it's a Flintstones reference that his family uses to mean to quickly knock someone or something down.

there's still one holdout

youtube.com/watch?v=pVDDnDzpoHM

>The lovely Mia, everyone!
>stops listening

>Hey Nia come grab a mic.
>keep fast forwarding until her voice goes away

am I the only one?

British """"""""""""""""""""""""""""humour""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

youtu.be/lNKZ9ycIdlY

Yes it is dead.
Now every Sup Forums poster should continue to never see a live comedy show and also never comment on anything you pussies find shocking about comedy.
It is dead and no longer exists.
You fags need to stay in your rooms and out of ours.
Also fuck you and your mom is a whore.

Bo Burnham saved it

>Also fuck you and your mom is a whore.
Is this the "blue" comedy I've heard about? Shocking stuff. Bit too course for my ears.

Test