Hey Sup Forums Amerifags, can you please tell me if the America depicted in Bad Grandpa actually still exists...

Hey Sup Forums Amerifags, can you please tell me if the America depicted in Bad Grandpa actually still exists? Because from all kinds of other media it seemed that this entire atmosphere, sentiment, spirit, I don't know how else to call it, completely died in the bleakness of the "post-911 era", but this really has this kind of a 90s spirit, depicting perfectly normal ordinary people who still know how to live.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt3063516/locations
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's because this is hidden camera work that shows normal people going about their life

all the other shit you see is fictional or cherry picked or shot in the inner city

But that's what I'm asking - are normal people really still like that? Because that makes me see America in so much more of a positive light than how it's depicted pretty much everywhere else. It honestly feels like a time machine.

So long as you aren't in a big city, yeah, it's basically still like that.

What the hell are you talking about?

Well damn. Can you recommend some movies or documentaries or anything that still shows people like that?

It's difficult to explain, but the image America projects to the rest of the world has really changed in the past 15 years. According to 99% of the things I've seen since 2000 I definitely wouldn't want to live there anymore, but living in the 90 America or this (I guess smaller town? I'm not sure how big the places they were in are, does anyone know the actual locations?) seems ok.

so how much was real?

are you meaning people living simple lives, or something? Give examples from the movie that convey your question.

A lot of Bad Grandpa was filmed in Ohio.

>What the hell are you talking about?

its a europoor who is so used to seeing nothing but constant FUCKING AMERICAN RETARDED BABY KILLER WARMONGER RACIST FASCIST! that hes actually surprised to see a nice little slice of the optimistic small town americana this movie depicts because he had no idea it exist

If you mean small town people that are just living their lives, then yeah they do exist. That's exactly why you never hear of them. I lived in a small town like that in northern Oklahoma when I was a kid. It was one of those "everyone knew each others name" kind of places.

Do foreigners really watch these movies and believe that's what all of America is like?

It's almost like everything you see in television and film is edited and altered to fit a very specific point of view.

Wow, OP. You made quite the breakthrough today.

Middle America, and the south minus the nigger parts are pretty awesome OP.

The coasts and the states touching Mexico are 100% shit (except northern Texas). 90% of California is shit, NY is shit, Chicago is especially shit. Pretty much anyplace that the liberals have run amok is going to be shit

I live in Northern Colorado and it's pretty awesome. Everyone respects eachother, no niggers, but competent respectable black people, very few liberals (cant get away from the University crowd, but the town contains their shit)

Yeah, pretty much, tried to explain it in .

You guys haven't exactly done yourselves a favor with media propaganda, you'd think you'd be all over promoting stuff like this even if it doesn't exist anymore, and not hiding it despite the fact that it still does.

imdb.com/title/tt3063516/locations

Found the list of locations, I don't know if it's complete or not, nothing strikes me as particularly noteworthy to explore, is this the fabled "flyover country" or however you call it?

It's not just movies, I watch a lot of documentaries, political debates, sociological analysis etc.

I don't think Ohio falls under the category of flyover country. That's more the Midwest.

>You guys haven't exactly done yourselves a favor with media propaganda

its almost as if there is a group of people in charge of the media that make it a point to depict these people as retarded pieces of shit assholes nonestop

Yeah but you'd think there'd be more competing points of view, not just one that dominates so much.

Are the RLM guys from the Midwest?

>is this the fabled "flyover country" or however you call it?
The some of the states themselves are have places that are considered "flyover", like Nebraska, the most of those film locations are in big cities of those states.
what suggested is right, and parts of the south would count too.

Ricard Linklater movies.

Wow, it's almost like the media intentionally makes everything seem worse than it is.

I really hate it too, by the way. If you went by the guilt tripping leftist buzzword obsessed propaganda you'd think every place here was Detroit. I grew up in a comfy small town in Maine and seeing these fucks on the news act like everyone is as damaged as them fucking infuriates me.

>you'd think you'd be all over promoting stuff like this even if it doesn't exist anymore, and not hiding it despite the fact that it still does.

fuck off we're full

They're from Wisconsin, right? So, yeah, they're in flyover country.

The latest generation of Americans are obsessed with being distinctly unamerican, that's why. They have no respect or pride in out way of living, then cry and moan that they feel listless in life.

>>The latest generation of Americans are obsessed with being distinctly unamerican, that's why.
Can you explain this a bit more please? How did this come about? Because all the subcultures and countercultures before this current state of things were still very American (to me as an outside observer).