/gg/ - Guitar and Gear General

Our Lord and Savior Kiko Loureiro Edition

The links are irrelevant and need updating and consolidating. Someone who gives a shit can fix that.

Old thread, not that anyone cares:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BqfgYPNmaXM
youtube.com/watch?v=Yto9DotkrZU
youtu.be/PSy_l3n6R2w?t=19m59s
youtube.com/watch?v=zEzmn1cy744
youtube.com/watch?v=3UFr21jkWOs
youtube.com/watch?v=ThKVU3KuFH8
riffcityguitaroutlet.com/collections/chapman-guitars-1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Lexie

Mines better

hello! I have a question for /gg/
what is your favorite electro-harmonix pedal?
my personal favorite is the 360 looper. for the price, you simply can't beat it

This is the real thread, fuck the other one

Someone tell me what these kinds of pedals actually do?

What thread are we posting in? There's two up on the first page again.

How do you get to be as good as this?

of course!
you simply tap the button once, and the red light turns on. then you play anything you would like, tap it once more and it repeats itself for the length of the loop

This one. It was made and posted first

drop D tuning and chug harder

>360 looper
youtu.be/BqfgYPNmaXM

play a thing, tap to have that thing repeated, tap again to have another thing repeated as well...etc etc etc

ideal for those who REALLY enjoy the sound of their own voice in a group conversation.

Interesting. I feel like I could have some fun doing that

you will have a blast, my personal rig would be naked with my looper

What kind of guitar music should i learn to get a girl like this one?

learn the banjo

How much do those kinds of pedals cost? Typically

the 360 looper from Electro-Harmonix sells for $91.00 at any certified dealer. A great deal, in my opinion

Damn, pretty cheap. Now you got me all excited to go to the music store and check some out.

well, that is my job after all. I hope you enjoy this pedal as much as I do

memes aside that canyon delay looks very nice desu

This is the real thread guys, fuck the other one.

I've had the chance to mess with it a little bit and I can tell you that it might be one of my favorite delay pedals of its price range($139)

How important does looks play into you choosing a pedal? I mean, it's just on the floor

If the guy asking about the Bassbreaker is here, just in case, Consider the Bassbreaker a plexi-like tone in the 7 and 15W variants. Haven't -played the higher Wattage ones, but I might eventually get one. For now though, this is just going to be my amp - No need for a louder one as most clubs have mics, and the tone is fantastic.

personally, I weigh it below sound but it is still an important factor. I do not like overly gaudy pedals, and I do not like the style of pedal Boss provides, with the stomp switch, it looks a little silly.

Who here has played the Blackstar HT Club 40?

Seems like exactly what I'm looking for in a decent sized yet affordable tube amp.

See

Is that an S Series without the hideous pickup selector cover? If they can do it for an artist guitar, why not all the regular models?

That's a prototype of what eventually became his signature model.
His signature model is basically an S body shape, but thicker, without pickup rings or selector covers.

Fuck off nigger. You literally posted that shit the second the old thead hit 300. You probably made it 30 minute in advance and just waited to post it.

Fucking autists, I swear

>*drops graphtec nut*
>clonk
>ehhh

>*drops bone nut*
>clink
>errrrrr

>*drops PRS ® bonenut with aluminum dust*
>ping~~~
>WOW LISTEN TO THAT NUT! WOW PRS GUITARS GUYS CAN YOU BELIVE IT hahaha I MIIGHT BUY ONE MYSELF WEW

Please keep Paulposting, this shit is hilarious.

It's my new favorite meme in these threads.

ahhh ok. I actually like that you can get a 7w version of it. Gives you the full range without having to kill ears. Maybe I'll get a Bassbreaker and a princton and use both.

post your boards guys
pic related is a beautiful board full of EHX pedals

Also, is that the Muse Cort? How you like it?

Why the fuck would I want a Blues Jr when the Bassbreaker 007 sounds strictly better?

The worst part is that Paul is actually like that.

Which is why I find it so hilarious.
All the memes and joking and shitposting about tonewoods and that's actually the world Paul lives in.
He's made a career, an entire successful guitar company completely on him knocking on planks of wood and saying they're musical.

Yeah, the 7W also gets REALLY loud with a 212, fantastic for when I play some Stoner stuff. I love the lowend and man does it get really marshall-y too.

And yeah it is, I fucking love it. I could go on forever. Had it about a eyar and while the volume pot was giving me issues, I just took it out and replaced it recently so it was no real issue. I don't mess with my volume control too much anyways. Feels great, plays great, my favorite guitar purchase I've ever made.I'm also pretty sure I wrote one of the reviews on the Guitarcenter site.

>I'm sorry user, but the tonewoods are locked away safe in my tone vault next to my office.
>If you want to access the tone library you'll have to purchase a PRS Private Reserve guitar.
>I'm afraid that your, heh, alder.... body guitar isn't quite what we're looking for.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yto9DotkrZU

>are those...grover...heh tuners?
>well thats -$100,000 of the value of the tone of THAT guitar user
>its too bad, its mahagony too.
>we don't even carry that dead wood in the PRS Tonewood Tone Vault ®
>maybe you should have went with a PRS guitar. We used Mastodon ivory wood dug up from the ice in antarctica

youtu.be/PSy_l3n6R2w?t=19m59s

He's not even good at guitar hahaha

>*wrap wrap wrap*
>*echo echo echo*
>weeew listen to that Tonewood ® Wow
>oh, hey user, didn't see you there
>wow, I just pulled this fine specimen from the PRS Tone Library ®, listen to that even the same pitch all over the body
>*knock knock knock*
>wow
>oh, whats that user, your guitar is made of alder? Thats too bad. That is not a tonewood.
>I have all the tonewoods here in my ToneVault ®.
>Nope, sorry user, the Tones belong to me and my PRS Private Reserve® customers only
>I'm afraid your guitar doesn't qualify
>This is where we envision Extraordinary Instruments ®

Thats my collection but I didnt write them all.

I was shopping for a high end instrument and everyone always talks about how great PRS is so I looked up the guy and man. He's full of it.

He's so annoying. He simply loves to hear himself talk and can't help but interrupt every 5 seconds with a lame joke.

He's playing hte guitar and interrupting Lee and ignoring what he's saying. What a dick.

He's so full of himself it's hilarious to see

I just can't watch this he's such a horrible person

I can watch it in 30 second increments but too much at a time is physically painful

>fake /gg/ has to same fag to stay on page 1
Lol

The other thread is literally just one guy posting in his own thread to try and keep it on the front page.
It's kinda sad.
At least we have Paulposting in this one

Lee is probably one of my favorites on Andertons. Him, Mick and Danish Pete.

You don't like Rob!?

I hate Rob...

y tho?

I'm not that guy who replied to you. I like Rob but those are my top 3.

Robs a good joke. His band is butt rock, he can't jam, his guitars are meme guitars, he has those stupid dreadlocks.

He seems like a dick. But He is pretty funny I'll give him that.

He hasn't had dreads in years. He literally has short hair now and has for a while.

I like how out of all the criticisms, the only one you can defend is the meaningless one

>his guitars are meme guitars
What does this mean? the new line looks fucking awesome to be honest my nigga. I can see his old ones being...pretty meh.

I don't listen to his band, because djent is a meme. He can jam alright, it's just stale sounding.
Can't say anything about his guitars as I've never seen one in person or played one.
He's definitely not a dick, and I would love to meet him one day.

youtube.com/watch?v=zEzmn1cy744

What do Chapman guitars offer that other companies using that factory don't.

he's got a explorer, a strat, a tele, a dean v, a less paul and and avenger.

>CATALYST YOU CLAIM MY MIND
>CATALYST

Literally why? And its even funnier to watch him shit on Schecter who have been doing what his company wants to do for years.

>chapman guitars' website is under construction and i can't even look at his meme guitars to see if I like any of them

They're just a bunch of fat guys in their 30s and 40s having some fun.
I can't hate this

youtube.com/watch?v=3UFr21jkWOs

>its a bunch of fat guys playing 90s hard rock

They might have had a chance 20 years ago.

Sounds like Alter Bridge

youtube.com/watch?v=ThKVU3KuFH8

>all these guys hating on his guitars
>haven't played one but his NAMM releases looked really fucking cool

Weird, is there something inherently wrong with them or is it just some hip cool thing to hate on them?

lol buy one.

Oh wait you wouldn't ever buy one over the guitar they are copying.

It's because it's Rob.
If it was literally anyone else on earth people here would be riding their nuts so hard

He's bulk buying guitars from World Music Co in Korea (and lately even cheaper factories in Indonesia) from the same factory making ESP LTD, Schechter, and PRS SE, then slapping his name on the headstock and piping on about muh UK guitar company.

It's not so much that there is anything inherently wrong with "his" guitars. It's more that he aggressively markets them through YouTube and manipulates his following. He hasn't actually brought anything new to the market we didn't already have from World Music Co.

The whole venture is more or less so he can stroke his ego and cash in.

To be fair, he's selling them for dirt cheap.
It's a way to bring guitars to people who otherwise wouldn't afford them and thus introducing more people to it.
In that respect it's kinda cool

riffcityguitaroutlet.com/collections/chapman-guitars-1

fuck off those prices are exactly like every other brand

Dirt cheap? They're no cheaper than an equivalent Schechter or ESP LTD in most of the world. In fact in a lot of places they cost MORE than an equivalent model.

With the amount of guitars made for Schechter and ESP LTD compared to Chapman they can't be cheaper.

The whole narrative that they're cheaper and being sold for the benefit of poor players is just that, a narrative. As I said, he's manipulating his following.

I liked the East River Drive when I tried it.
The new Mig50 reissue is great.

I've had a chance to play on it, and the Mig50 reissue is amazing, it's at a great price and I think it sounds great.

beauty

anyone play a resonator guitar here?

im looking for an acoustic thats LOUD AS FUCK and im told that a resonator guitar is the way to go

Hey EHXmarketingteam
I'm thinking of revamping my rig using only EHX pedals. Would using a Bass Big Muff Deluxe into a Micro POG be a good idea if I want to play both bass and guitar tones from my bass for a stoner/doom duo? Should I get a Switchblade+ with them to change between channels? What should that signal chain look like?

I mean if you want a guitar that's heavy as dick get a resonator. most Jumbo body guitars are plenty loud.

i've had a jumbo 12 string in the past and it didn't quite cut it.

i play in an acoustic jam and the guys i play with are really more like electric players who happen to own acoustics. they mash chords as hard as they fucking can and it sounds like shit since their acoustic doesnt drive like an electric but i guess theyre too dumb to realize it. anyway i'm not about to beat on my darling dreadnought just to keep up with them; i need something that i can strum properly but really cut through the mix with.

Admittedly, I do not know much about stoner or doom metal(?) but I can say that that combo would likely provide you with a very heavy sound which I assume you're looking for. As far as the Switchblade+ I would say that yes, that should work perfect for switching between channels. The chain could be pretty confusing, I do not really know what to tell you for that. Hope this helps a little bit!

Are you really who you say you are? How much do they pay you to post here?

Thanks, EHX! I'll figure out the chain when I grab the pedals. If you're actually someone working at EHX, then kudos on the marketing strategy

I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you that second bit but if you're asking if I am affiliated with EHX, yes.
No problem! Please post your setup when you pick the pedals up, I'd love to see it

Funny guy, but shilling tonewood....kek

Do you do it for FREE?

Rabea sig is pretty fucking cool bruh not gonna lie, don't see that finish and that body style often.

wow he's a very unpleasant person

goodnight /gg/

Night! Thanks for your tips and advice.

Who is the Tom Brady of the guitar world?

Kurt Cobain

Meatbag Milo

Literally who?

What kind of guitar music will get me girls like this?

Music in which the focus is 90% on you singing very well and also you have 9/10 face, body, and personality

Why are you clowns so caught up with looks? Guys care how a girl looks, girls generally don't give a shit how a guy looks. Which is why society is so much more forgiving of ugly men than ugly women.

exactly

Syn's playing makes use of a lot of chromaticism (his lead work on City of Evil was some of my earliest exposure to that kind of phrasing), so learn where to inject chromatic passing notes into your solo runs depending on the scale you're using (i.e. playing a line like E-F-F#-G in the key of E minor, the F is a passing note that adds melodic tension before resolving to the next note in the sequence.) Learn how to use diminished patterns and arpeggios, as they also appear frequently in his solos.

In terms of technique, practice alternate picking, sweeping, and tapping, right out of the '80s shred handbook.