/daily/ fuck snow edition

Happy birthday Rudi!

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>come here to make charts

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>come here for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

>discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>discord

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/current_93/i_have_a_special_plan_for_this_world/
youtube.com/watch?v=2P5qbcRAXVk
youtube.com/watch?v=28Tbtfkd3NI
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the-magnetic-fields/50-song-memoir/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/jean_claude_vannier/lenfant_assassin_des_mouches/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pretentious

Happy birthday Rudi
hope you have a nice evening

this

graham here
FUCK YOU

>The artist doesn't matter.
it does if it effects the context of the album (or aesthetic qualities if its a genre like ambient or vaporwave).

happy b day rudi

Thanks!!!! Love you shamepai, keep being yourself :)

3 threads in a day wew we are movin' along

happy b-day Rudi

other than Satie or Quartet is there anything you guys want me to give another listen here?

more like pure guano

I adore Faust and Daikanjyo :)
Thanks! If you ever need piano recs, just call :) ur cool

i hope that is a compliment : ) . For your birthday, how about a rec
Albert Ayler - Nuits De La Fondation Vol 1

Of course it is :) thanks!! I'll listen to it tomorrow because I probably can't appreciate it in my current state

because I have better taste than all of you

faust, negativland, and guava for sure.

nicee
also give me like 5 albums, i will listen to them and give you my thoughts

Jorge Ben! That album got me through first semester at college

if you dare make fun of an album I like I swear to god I'll kill myself

>ur cool
false

you got it boys ;)

Okay ATM my favs are
FKA twigs - M3LL155X
Art Blakey - Free for All
Alban Berg Quartet - Schubert: String Quartet No 15
Duke Ellington - Blues in Orbit
John Coltrane - Sun Ship

Not false

already love Free For All, change It for something else if you might

Faust

happy birthday rudi!

finishing up woolite's drone rn, this is what i'll be doing next. excited for this one.

stop posting RLM faggot

and at the same time i'll be going through this

nice! I'm excited to see what you think of Francis Bebey. That and Alcachofa.

>Jorge Ben
>at all rare

:0 I am honored

k ;)

mike-posting is eternal

good trips btw

most hyped for San Sheng Shi

>Clube Da Esquina
>rare groove

not nearly rare enough to qualify the rare groove status

>Potential
I apologize for my limited knowledge of future garage, but this just sounded like a more boring version of Burial's Untrue (with a little hiphop sprinkled on top). Every time there started to be a really cool idea developing, the song would either stop abruptly or a really poor/lazy idea would be thrown into the mix. Not bad, just messy.

>X
A 2-hour long album is a lot to digest. I much preferred the classical-type pieces a lot more than the others. A lot of this album just felt like really average ambient, while the rest was actually very noteworthy. I feel bad giving it this low of a score because of how good some of parts of this is.

>some of parts of this is
kill me
check 'em tho

I APOLOGIZE

what brazilian rare groove would you recommend instead?

speaking of rare groove, if you are still holding my spot for your tournament, you can take me out of it. Didn't realize it was only RARE GROOVE allowed

posting this because it makes me laugh every time

aaaaand wrong image
i am fucking up today

More classical then I guess :)
Jordi Savall & Concerts des Nations - Vivaldi: La Viola da Gamba in Concerto

Do You Are My Everlovin' or Snowflakes Are Dancing or I start calling Nat mean names.

fuck it I added some Latin groove

>or I start calling Nat mean names.
new /daily/ beef incoming?

Thanks

idk, I don't specialize in brazillian rare grooves

I just know that Clube ain't nearly rare enough

>hed
>west
>kanfu dance
>broodtype

>broodtype
every SINGLE TIME

I'll cyberbully the HECK out of you buddy

will do!

alright now i'll /really/ go through it

>handkerchife

>fuck snow edition
fuck you, informer grooves

LICKY BOOM BOOM DOWN

Goof morning /daily/!

To nyarl: rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/current_93/i_have_a_special_plan_for_this_world/

To Rudi: Happy Birthday!

To everybody else: Memes!

this sound played in my head when I saw that picture
youtube.com/watch?v=2P5qbcRAXVk

same

What's /daily/ spinning at the moment? I got Pedro Santos's Krishnanda on the table rn

some oldschool Rolling Stones

nice :0

Thanks

UGK - Ridin' Dirty (1996)
>gangsta rap, dirty south, southern hip hop

You don't even need me to tell you how fucking good "One Day" is. It's probably one of the best hip hop tracks of all time, the hook is incredible, the beat is soulful but still gritty, and it has my favorite single line in hip hop history with "AK loaded as I get swallowed under city lights" provoking more imagery than pretty much any other line I've ever heard, I get chills hearing it. The rest isn't as great, mainly because the production is a big basic, it's that same kind of soulful southern stuff that's been done to death. It's done really well here, but something about it doesn't really grab me at all. Luckily, the MCs are both awesome, with Bun B and the late Pimp C turning in some really amazing performances, so I can forgive some of the major qualms I have about the production. I don't like it as much as I thought I would, but it's still a damn solid album.

3.0-

Tut - Preacher's Son (2015)
>jazz rap, conscious hip hop, southern hip hop

This definitely seems like a mixtape that's been done before. It's very nondescript, the beats fall into that semi-cloudy, jazz rap category that's been done a lot lately, and Tut really lacks a personality as both a rapper and a lyricist. He's set apart by his focus on religion and his gruff voice, but nothing about him stands out, him and the whole album really don't make any sort of real impression. I really do quite like the production when it doesn't fall into some overlong ambient-esque sections, though, it's very spiritual but it never forgets to bang, especially during the hooks, which are the album's real standout. Tut may not be the most memorable rapper, but the fucker and his various features do some damn good hooks. I like it, it's a solid mixtape that sadly fails to be engaging at all, especially with how long it is.

2.5+

Aw man, I was hoping that Tut tape might be a sleeper 3.0. The live jazz production is definitely some of my favorite on any hip-hop project.

Also, the first half of Ridin Dirty is incredible, that stretch from the intro to "3 In The Mornin" is one of my favorite in the genre.

Thanks for doing the drone! I'm just happy there weren't any 0.5s haha

>Coltrane / Cole
>20 / Male

nice to meet you

Who are you? Some hipster?

the production on Tut was definitely a big plus. and no problem man, I really enjoyed it!

look I just really don't want my album covers to be censored

A classic pick, I heard it though. Should relisten! But still give me a new rec

i threw my headphones against a wall and they broke
i can't even remember why i did it

music for this feel

Does /daily/ ever have drama more than just disagreements with each other about music? I've been lurking these threads for a couple days and y'all seem to know each other pretty well.

earbuds i should say

youtube.com/watch?v=28Tbtfkd3NI

eh

sometimes an user will come into these threads and shit on the concept / the general feel of these threads, but that hasn't happened in a while i don't think. also sometimes threads get derailed but you know how that is.

I wish I could find the actual clip, it's one of my favorite moments from that show :/

last year when fish had a hiatus for a literal week everyone shat themselves

putcher name back on, fish

death grips

lmaooo I went back in the archive and tried to find that but there's an entire /daily/ thread missing, I assume because people were doxxed in the same thread.

Happy birthday broth rudi

Well there was the famous DM/Lisa scandal

And that time that one dude impersonated a trip and made a huge "I'm leaving fuck you all" post where he called out everyone.
Spawned one of the old old op pictures

Also shamepai suicide thread

>e___y
i get it
also, rip

(not true btw)

Happy birthday rudeboy

I was so mad about the dm thing. Lisa had Sondre Lerche on her calendar and I was so stoked to read the review, and then it never happened

Lusine Zakarian - Armenian Spiritual Music
>Hymns

The second spiritual/hymn-based album I’ve heard off Nat’s drone and it’s certainly the more entertaining of the two. Unlike Canticles of Ecstasy, which actually gave off a bit of an eerie vibe, this is just endlessly beautiful. It’s quite simple, with Zakarian belting out old latin church songs in a massive opera soprano. This isn’t what I’m accustomed to - and although I’d consider myself a fairly spiritual person - I don’t ever dig into this style of music.

The simplicity of this album is really the main draw. It’s just Zakarian singing, accompanied by a church organ - and it’s incredibly touching. There’s no distractions and it certainly adds to the spiritual element. You’re honed into the moment, focused on something powerful and passionate.

Hearing the organ kind of reminded me of a recent funeral and it brought forth a lot of memories and emotions. In a weird way, that experience was soothing and that’s kind of the great thing about music. For that alone, I’m glad I checked this out.

Anyway, I hesitate to give this a full 4 because I don’t see myself returning too often - but it’s a great piece of music. Definitely impacted me more than I was anticipating.

3.5+/5

There's been relatively little drama I joined, honestly.

peep the thread where I "came back" it was quite a whallop: The thread where I got in an argument with someone was deleted from the archive probably because people thought Shamepai killed himself like said.

Try to go back to "previous thread" from it no longer exist :0

thanks for the link that's not really drama though, more of a tragedy %]
i guess the poseurcore thread stuff was drama kinda but only cause peopled responded to it instead of meme

Anyone else check this out? Nice little jazz rap record I found recently.

Probably isn't anything special but it's one of my favorites from this year so far.

oh yea tpab was ok

okay wtf this isn't even that bad. It's probably one of the best Gothic Country albums ever, which is a genre I keep wanting to succeed and find great music in but it just ends up being far too chamber-folk-y. This does the genre incredibly well.

However, I can totally see why it's so often hated. When put against Swans' studio discography it really sticks out like a sore thumb, especially considering it's sandwiched between two of their defining "era" albums and what some would consider their best: "Children of God" and "White Light".

I think taking this as its own album is maybe a bit challenging for any Swans fans (something it hasn't been cool to be for a while) but tracks like "God Damn the Sun" are seriously some of their best.

Thoughts? Cuz y'all are thots!!!!!!!

That was pretty funny though, I've got to admit.

Also do you post about music on here anymore or just meme?

I remember going through Swans' studio discog chronologically a few years back and letting out an audible "wtf is this" the first time I heard this lol

jizzy jizz is an sdc-lite and he almost posted about music once

Oh really, just straight memes?

I swear I saw him working on a chart when I first started browsing /daily/ but maybe it was just a lastfm collage.

my posts mention music regularily and i'm frequently playing stuff in plug but that's not what the media shows :{}

i've found that i don't like working on charts or writing reviews, i'd rather just converse when there's something apparent to talk about instead of throwing words out there that just won't resonate with most or something like that

Filled out my chart for next month. Taking 5 random recs, one per trip. What y'all hype 4?

is this anything like like angels of light? i remember this always being stuck somewhere in the corner of flowcharts and stuff

well you don't have How I Loved You by them rated so if you haven't heard it you could put it on your chart i guess

Also, checking out albums I'm hyped for in 2017 and:
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the-magnetic-fields/50-song-memoir/
>150 minutes
>5 cds
Fucking why???

The Psychic Paramount - 2

radioactive sago project - tanginamo andaming nagugutom sa mundo fashionista ka pa rin

(this translates to "fuck you there are many people starving in the world you're still a fashionista"

hype for spirit phone, jeffery, and betwetter tee bee cue aych. also that kairon;irse record because i want to know if i should listen to it

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/jean_claude_vannier/lenfant_assassin_des_mouches/
My friend is a really big fan of that Parquet Courts album.

Motorama - Dialogues
Hype for the 2017 stuff and C93

matchup three of bad tourney

>Royal Headache - High
i dunno why i didn't like this. i should've. the geetars were loud and surfy. reminded me of favorite worst nightmare with a bit more of the distortion and less of the everything else i liked about that record.
favorite tracks: need you, wouldn't you know, carolina
4/10 i dislike this +

>The Clientele - Suburban Light
a record that i would like to say is sleepy in a lovely way, but all i can say is that it's sleepy. i'd like to hear a chill hip-hop song that samples reflections after jane though.
favorite tracks: reflections after jane, (i want you) more than ever, saturday
5/10 neutral ~

trip up wins this round! thanks for participating, stick!

NETLABEL - FREE

shampeai recced Entry Level - Arctic Canopy
"eh" it wasn't offensive to be but nothing interesting here was done at all
5-

kanzler recced Neil Cicierega - Mouth Moods
so i came into this expecting to not know what on earth to rate this, i exited this having lost my shit and absolutely amazed by some tracks??????? lots of tracks fell flat as ok so i wish i could rate this higher, brilliant sense of timing, it turned heaps of tracks i hate in to things i enjoy. i've been listening to my favorite tracks over and over again and they bring me overwhelming joy it's crazy.

KANZLER ADVANCES

final round next
lamb vs kanzler

whoops no that was the self-released free round
also I do have to mention how polished he makes it sound on mouth moods