They're not doing anything original

>they're not doing anything original
>it all sounds the same
>not enough experimentation
Why all the hate for neo psych on this board? Coming from a board obsessed with pop and trap rap, I would have figured that you're okay with a lack of originality.

Who cares if it's not necessarily groundbreaking? It still kicks ass.

Maybe you're right. Ill give it another shot

>Why all the hate for neo psych on this board?
>neo psych
literally what

>literally what
people keep shitting on ty segall because fantano is always saying how he's generic. but he's one of the best rock artists in the game right now

> hate for neo psych
Wrong.

haven't heard the two other albums yet but look, I gave Ty Segall's album five chances for it to grow on me. This shit fucking sucks, boring and REALLY unoriginal.

noise rock is the real neo psych and neo psych is a burger cash in for the most part

>burger
do you mean american? or burger records? because if you meant burger records, none of those bands have anything to do with burger.

>This shit fucking sucks, boring and REALLY unoriginal
do you not like rock in general?

The people commenting on neo-psych aren't the same people that comment on hip hop and pop

I am

i'm a big fan of Ty's and i really think his music has been decaying since 2012 or so. This latest record was his best in a few years imho. FMB is good, but sort of underwhelming, it might be a grower since i've only listened to it a couple times. But that Tim Presley record is sort of a dense and difficult listen, really not that great to begin with, except for a few stand out tracks. God i reeeaaally miss White Fence tho

neo psych is the second most boring gernes after indie folk

It's the definition of castrated rock

This board loves bands with no originality why would they all listen to shit like Iron & Wine, Mac Demarco, Tame Impala, Weeknd, Father John Misty, Avalanches, Kendrick Lamar, Fleet Foxes, Washed Out, My Chemical Romance, Foo Fighters, Vampire Weekend, Tyler the Creator, The Sword, Green Day, Foo Fighters, Gorillaz, Neil Cicirega, Queens of the Stone Age, Sunbather, Pink Guy, Blink 182, the list goes on... otherwise?
It was obviously some stupid contrarian poseur tryhard who said that

ty sucks ass now

if you wanna talk about good neopsych why not mention GOAT? or POND? or fucking connan moccasin

Pond is starting to get shit too if i'm honest, i don't know if i would call GOAT neopsych too

What's the third album?

Tim Presley "The Wink"

>Tame Impala is Australian
>King Gizzard is Australian
>(You) are retarded

king gizz is not neo-psych?

Neo psych reached its peak in the 00s with black dice, animal collective, and ariel pink and his off spring. (and the rest of 00s psych)
The 10s is mostly revival garage and psych now

Ty isn't doing anything original, his last few albums have been the same shit

because we arent the white 16 demographic we were 6 years. ago most of us went to college and learned about why white indie and rock music was spoonfed us and took in the corporate music as some kind of counterculture or cool philosophy represented as sound. we realized that white music is not transgressive or counterculture. white identity and representation is inherently corporate and maintains the status quo

Neo psych is probably the gayest genre there is.