Sony Exec game

You've just been appointed the head of Sony studios.
As we all know this studio is an absolutely shambolic mess that continues to make mistakes and is a joke studio, but now, you're in charge.
You've got to turn around the fortunes of the studio in 24 months otherwise you lose your job.

You've got $1.7 billion to spend on production and obtaining rights over the 24 month period. You need to deliver:

>2 successful IPs with potential for at least two sequels
>1 successful IP with strong franchise potential
>1 billion dollar grossing film
>2 television series with potential for at least 4 subsequent seasons
>2 prestige films that win Oscars
>1 horror film that offers a huge R.O.I.
>1 successful animated children's film with franchise potential
>3 more films with respectable R.O.I

Hiring of talent has to be relative to their going rate.

Go!

I'd spend the $1.7 billion on the greatest story never told - a metal space opera based on Ziltoid the Omniscient.

Come at me. With coffee, preferably.

Go home Mr. Sony Exec. We're not doing your job for you.

Here's a quick tip though, have your producers and execs stop meddling in the creative process of the people that actually make the movies.

This sounds like the sort of shit Sony is already planning, that's not gonna turn around Sony's fortunes.

Push Uncharted into production, get an original story and stick Chris Pratt le meme actor or someone equally as charismatic as lead. Nathan Fillion is too old and not enough star power. Make it based off Uncharted 4 and grounded in reality, with no magic zombies.

Make a new Comedy series utilizing some talent from new TV shows like Silicon Valley. Slim JIm: Game Nerd, like Paul Baul: Mall Ball. Make it as dumb as possible and make fun of nerds.

Dump MIB 23, introduce Men In Black as new premium television show, that can be spun into movies/video games/other stories. Widen the universe to make it more than just about K and J with the show.

Spider-Man sequel with Bruce Campbell as Mysterio. Assassinate him as production ends, make it look like an accident, so public at large sympathizes. Rake in that Dark Knight money.

Get Dan Trachtenberg on a new sci-if concept series with a slow burn reveal.

Fully embrace vidyakino and adapt Ace Attorney for western audiences. Go hard on comedy and cringe humour.

-Something with Ron Perlman playing a transgender woman.
-Cast Brendan Fraser as a retard in a story inspired by Chris Chan about autism.

New horror franchise, similar to Alien, but make it set underwater in tight conditions. Hire Soderbergh or maybe Wan if yo can afford him. Strong female lead.

3Dise an anime, Naruto or some shit. Pander as much as possible to sell as many toys as you can.

-Remake Groundhog Day with The Rock
-new Short Circuit movie
-something targeted at blacks, I don't know, Star Wars Black parody maybe.

i remake/reboot movies with nostalgia being the primary marketing tool

>-something targeted at blacks, I don't know, Star Wars Black parody maybe.

It's been proven time and time again the only movies targeted towards blacks that they will go an see are shit like Barbershop and Tyler Perry shit. It's a waste of time giving any other story a black coat of paint and expecting them to show up.

Hire Tyler Perry then.

Probably a sound move. I can't stand him but his shit is always profitable. Would be a much better investment than throwing over a hundred million at Adam Sandler for his shitty movies.

Make Spider-Man with tobey and Andrew 2billion worldwide easy.

Make a movie about Bear Bryant and release it on Father's Day.

franchise:

remake: Re-make City Slickers with nu-males instead of neurotic jews, cast a couple of comedians. have Kurt Russel play the role of Curly played by Jack Palance.

remake 2: Remake 5 Easy Pieces but do it with Fassbender.

remake 3: Remake Bridge over the River Kwai

franchise: Continue developing Goosebumps into a PG13 franchise

>Amy actually thought this

>remake 2: Remake 5 Easy Pieces but do it with Fassbender.
Movie doesn't need a remake and no one would go to see it.

Fire Amy Pascal.

She's gone, mate. Got her own company to fuck up now.

>Movie doesn't need a remake and no one would go to see it.

that slacker/underachiever story would resonate and people would identify with the man who is wasting his talents

Hmm, you might be onto something there. I don't think he could be a pianist anymore though.

They're probably stick a fucking happy ending on it these days though.

make a biopic of a great inidan chief who fought the whites.

Someone like Red Cloud or Joseph Brant

Sign a 3 picture deal with Rockstar to develop GTA into a franchise with it's own 'universe'.

1.Something Biblical I guess. book of job? With like a country star heavily featured
2. Kevin James and Melissa McCarthy vehicle?

Holographic Popstar film where the marketing bends the line between fiction and reality. We'll spend more than the actual budget on the film on developing apps and stuff. Push the soundtrack really hard on Sony phones and stuff. Really uncomfortably sexy but seemingly innocent

spend 200m and 300 P&A on a 2012 style disaster film with Jennifer Lawrence and Johnny Depp as the stars. Chinese second setting to get some of that sweet sweet forgein BO

Oh this is too easy, firstly I'd drag Eric Idle to do a Monty Python style sketch show, with lots of catchphrases and potential for merchandise. Focus marketing to over 40's and Python nostalgia

Then, I guess, I'd poach a showrunner from one of the cable networks, like Alan Ball, or Larry David, or Louis CK to do a "cinematic" series. Find a good "strategic partner" to bankroll it and fill it with product placement.

1. Transgender Black Muslim
2. Peter Morgan pens a bio on Prince or David Bowie. Played by a woman.

Something about a computer company that takes over, obviously alludes to Google or Facbook in the colour scheme -- lotsa press

The Three Stooges meet Taylor Swift.

Challenge elite filmmakers to make a film for under 3 mill, offer them half of back-end, and to do 4x P&A. Crapshoot.

Honestly, that's a solid gold idea especially if it was released to coincide soon after the release of the next GTA game. The film wouldn't even have to be great to make money. Dan Houser could probably write a better gangster movie than half the studio staff writers out there. Might struggle with the time requirement but he could easily write something which could be trimmed and edited down to a decent film script. Have the stars of the movie do guest appearances in the game as NPCs for missions for some fan service too. Money making machine.

>spend 200m and 300 P&A on a 2012 style disaster film with Jennifer Lawrence and Johnny Depp as the stars. Chinese second setting to get some of that sweet sweet forgein BO

Disaster films don't have billion box office potential IMO, Titanic the obvious exception.

No idea. Something original? Fuck knows what though. Scour the black list.
No idea. Look for a young adult franchise I guess? Though that teet seems to be running out of milk.
Spiderman film centred around the Maximum Carnage arc but tamed down. Deliver a cut that by all reports should be R rated but do whatever's necessary to get it past the censors as close as possible to the original cut
10 episode 21 Jump St series with Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill
Turn Men in Black into a television series, X-Files with a sense of humor, larger budget, gadgets and overarching stories but no conspiracy shit.
David Chase carte blache to do a pilot for whatever he wants.
Richard Pryor biopic starring Eddie Murphy
Dunno what else. Purchase some unproduced Oscar bait from the black list and give it to Bennett Miller with a decent budget
Give James Waan a 20 million budget with 10% points and an option to finance whatever project he wants to do next if the movie hits $150 million
Purchase the film and 50% film merchandising rights to My Little Pony, market the shit out of it but find a way to broaden the appeal to young boys as well a children, the grown fan faggots will see it regardless
David Fincher: $50 million to do what he wants
Tyler Perry: $40 million to make some black people comedy with 20% points and a 2 picture future deal if quotas reached
Russell Crowe: Give him $100 million to make that world war 2 cannibal island book he purchased the rights to, give him a role in it; he can't direct and director he wants must get studio approval

>Push Uncharted into production, get an original story and stick Chris Pratt le meme actor or someone equally as charismatic as lead. Nathan Fillion is too old and not enough star power. Make it based off Uncharted 4 and grounded in reality, with no magic zombies.

Uncharted with Chris Pratt at the helm would be box office gold. Get a talented writer who loves Raiders and give him the chance to make his own Raiders.

Cool. But it NEEDS random pedestrian running overs all over the place and a police manhunt that ends with the character waiting for half an hour on a dim lighted alley. Bonus points for a helicopter with a minigun.

>Dump MIB 23, introduce Men In Black as new premium television show, that can be spun into movies/video games/other stories
Fucking this! Do this please Mr Sony Exec

I embezzle and let the studio die.

>all these faggadocios making movies starring black people thinking they will win oscars or make a huge return

And you guys laugh at Seth McFarlanes retarded decision to make the Cleveland show. You guys seriously overestimate the black audience.

Congrats you're as much of a creatively bankrupt retard as the people who actually work at Sony and your ideas are truly revolting.

>mfw I'm the only one that realizes that this is actually Sony trolling for ideas

Sony please try some this idears

I never said they were GOOD ideas, just profitable.
The game asks for franchises, it doesn't ask to creative an enviroment that promotes innovative or expressive storytelling

Avatar reboot wirh an all black cast