/epl/ - Black on Black Crime Edition

No PL games until 10th September, so you'll have to deal with the international break.

>Barcelona have revealed they agreed a deal with Juventus 12 months ago to have a priority option on France midfielder Paul Pogba, 23, if he were to leave the Serie A club, but passed on the opportunity this summer before he joined Manchester United. (Sun)

>Real Madrid's 26-year-old forward Gareth Bale - the world's most expensive player at £85m before Pogba's £89m deal - said he "isn't bothered" about losing the title, as winning the Champions League is more important. (Wales Online)

>Arsenal think the signing of Shkodran Mustafi, 24, will convince fellow Germany international Mesut Ozil, 27, to sign a new contract at the club. (Daily Mirror)

>West Brom manager Tony Pulis, 58, is considering his future at the Hawthorns after a frustrating transfer window. (Daily Express)

>Former England striker Gabby Agbonlahor's Aston Villa career is over as bosses say he will not play for the club again after the 29-year-old snubbed a deadline-day move to fellow Championship club Reading. (Sun)

>Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is targeting Atletico Madrid's France striker Antoine Griezmann, 25, next summer as a long-term replacement for England captain Wayne Rooney, 30. (Bleacher Report)

>Stoke and England goalkeeper Jack Butland, 23, could be out for another two months after suffering a setback in his recovery from an ankle injury that has sidelined him since March. (Guardian)

>Torino goalkeeper Joe Hart, 29, is set to remain England's number one against Slovakia. (Telegraph)

>Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany has made his long-awaited return from injury but will not play in the Manchester derby on 10 September. The 30-year-old Belgium defender played in a behind-closed-doors game at City. (Mirror)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/02/xabi-alonso-i-want-to-win-everything-there-is-to-win-with-bayern-munich-liverpool
dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3770387/N-Golo-Kante-turned-overtures-Manchester-United-boss-Jose-Mourinho-seal-switch-Chelsea.html#comments
skysports.com/football/news/11661/10279992/chelsea-sell-more-shirts-than-manchester-united-in-2015-16
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>de gay

1st for EPL being triggering

>Farhad Moshiri, the co-owner of Everton, has said the club decided against signing midfielder Moussa Sissoko, 27, because they did not want to jeopardise the future of 25-year-old Republic of Ireland midfielder James McCarthy. (Jim White Twitter)

>Chelsea midfielder N'Golo Kante, 25, says Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho tried to persuade him to move to Old Trafford rather than Stamford Bridge from Premier League champions Leicester. (Sun)

>Despite Wednesday's transfer deadline, Stoke and Hull are hopeful of signing former West Brom and Everton striker Victor Anichebe, who is a free agent. (Daily Mail)

>But the striker could be reunited with former manager David Moyes at Sunderland after Black Cats forward Fabio Borini was ruled out for three months by injury. (Evening Chronicle)

>Wales striker Hal Robson-Kanu, 27, turned down a £100,000-a-week deal from Sven Goran Eriksson's Chinese Super League club Shanghai SIPG to sign for West Brom. (Mirror)

>Jack Wilshere has joined Bournemouth because Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger wants the midfielder to leave the Gunners permanently, according to former Chelsea forward Tony Cascarino. (Times - subscription required)

>Wilshere was weighing up a move to Roma but the deal broke down in part because Arsenal demanded a higher fee to sign the midfielder than the asking price they offered to Bournemouth. (London Evening Standard)

>And former Arsenal youngster Benik Afobe, now at Bournemouth, persuaded Wilshere to join, because he is "my [Wilshere's] best friend". (Sun)

>Chelsea failed in a bid to sign Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly before signing David Luiz during the transfer window, according to the Serie A club's owner Aurelio de Laurentiis. (Daily Star)

>Liverpool plan to follow up their interest in targets Mahmoud Dahoud, 20, and Christian Pulisic, 17, in future transfer windows after missing out on them this summer. (Liverpool Echo)

Where the Prem's spending splurge went this summer:

- Intra PL: £302.7m
- Bundesliga: £161.7m
- La Liga: £150.1m
- Serie A: £136.9m
- Championship: £133.9m
- Ligue 1: £121m
- Eredivisie: £30m
- Brazil: £28m
- Belgium: £27m
- Portugal: £26m
- Russia: £18.3m

>Manchester United left-back Luke Shaw has said missing Euro 2016 was the best decision he has made. (Telegraph)

>Crystal Palace have signed the brother of record signing Christian Benteke - 21-year-old striker Jonathan, for £850,000 from Zulte Waregem - despite scouts saying he is unlikely to be good enough for the Premier League. (Times)

>Super agent Mino Railola has earned over 30m euros (£25m) in commission this summer brokering the deals for Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Henrikh Mkhitaryan. That is more than the 21m euros Cristiano Ronaldo earns in a year at Real Madrid. (AS)

>Swansea mistakenly published an article about their new signing Enner Valencia, the problem being the Ecuador forward had instead signed for Everton. (London Evening Standard)

>Former Swansea striker Eder, 28, who scored the winning goal for Portugal in the European Championship final, has revealed his father is in jail after being convicted for murdering his stepmum. (Daily Mail)

>Arsenal think the signing of Shkodran Mustafi, 24, will convince fellow Germany international Mesut Ozil, 27, to sign a new contract at the club. (Daily Mirror)

Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Man United next summer. He was a big part of Mourinho's Real Madrid team, they can double his wages without breaking a sweat, Rooney will be phased out by then, and Arsenal probably aren't going to be winning titles or making deep runs in the Champions League anytime soon.

>Intra PL: £302.7m
So they only actually spent 700m then

nth for Marcos 'park us in to the nearest tree you drunkie' Alonso

>as winning the Champions League is more important

kek

>Super agent Mino Railola has earned over 30m euros (£25m) in commission this summer brokering the deals for Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Henrikh Mkhitaryan. That is more than the 21m euros Cristiano Ronaldo earns in a year at Real Madrid. (AS)

What is it with United and signing everyone from a single agent?

Bale's pretty good at banter

I keep expecting Agbonglahor to somehow explode into a good player

I watch too many movies

*dabs*

*dabs too*

__Martial____Rashford____Griezmann

___Pogba___Verratti___Mkhitaryan

Shaw____Blind___Bailly____Fabinho

____________De Gea

LITERALLY WHO can stop us?

*dubs*

The teams who own Griezmann and Veratti

reality

>not playing Zlatan

Rooney. His existence means you won't get Veratti. And the fact that he's shit will prevent you from being a truly elite team. This is the transition season, where Man United finish 2nd or 3rd, then next summer Rooney will be dropped, Veratti will be brought in, and you'll walk the league.

They don't play in UEL

>Transfer deadline day is great, isn't it? According to him, while reports were stating that he'd signed for Everton, new Spurs midfielder Moussa Sissoko was sat at home laughing at the TV.

>“I never went to Everton,” he told L'Equipe. “It’s funny. I was watching TV, and I saw that a deal had been done with Everton and that I had signed for them. But I was in London, waiting to sign my contract [with Spurs]."

>He duly signed that contract with Tottenham, to transfer from Newcastle for £30m. Presumably, he went back home to watch himself signing the contract on TV again afterwards.

>neverton

Just got BLACKED lads

>Crystal Palace have signed the brother of record signing Christian Benteke - 21-year-old striker Jonathan, for £850,000 from Zulte Waregem - despite scouts saying he is unlikely to be good enough for the Premier League. (Times)

>850k
Belgian media are reporting it was actually Benteke himself who bought his little brother off Zulte Waregem for 100.000 yuro as no one wanted to buy him, so basically Palace got him on a free

nice gesture from Christian though, too bad they're both shit

>tfw Villa fan
>tfw everyone is telling me that bae is shit

now he is after a season of being ruined by CHARACTER & GEGENPRESSING

How big was it?

>manure ever winning top silverware again

The fluke ferguson era is well and truly over lad. Moyes put you back where you really belong. Panic signings and a tired jaded Mourinho is not going to change anything for you in the long term.

It's the psg's owner existence that makes signing verrati impossible. He could destroy any club with his money

valencia is the best rb in the world. ggmu

>gegenpressing
imagine having a tactic that only works if you lose the ball

well, not shit shit, but not elite

him staying at Villa would have been better for all parties involved, maybe wouldn't even have been relegated

Like defending?

Like counter attacking?

2bh if Villa didn't get relegated then they might not have been sold so it's possible it was a good thing

I just want to forget that season

At some point in this season Rooney will have his career ended by Mkhitaryan

Literally just won the FA Cup

Did they even sell a DVD of the season in the club shop?

Might be worth a bit on ebay in a few years if they did just because of the rarity factor.

inb4 johnny foreigners dont acknowledge the fa cup

Doubt it

West Brom probably have one though

>relive a season of PASHUN and a confused depressed frenchman with the 2015-16 villa season review

The same mkhitaryan that was literally invisible against dortmund B?

the same one that gets benched for mata, a players that is utterly despised by mercrinho - the same manager known for buying overrated shit and benching them/sending them to loan purgatory (cuadrado)?

>that goal of the month that they had to cancel once because they didn't score any

>>Torino goalkeeper Joe Hart
So, he's the only player on England's NT that doesn't play in the Premier League? I think it's a progress for you, maybe if you keep this way in 50 years you manage to win an Euros

why do the bookies have Leicester as such underdogs (straight win @ 4/1) to win their match against Liverpool? it's something to do with internationals and not injuries, right?

That was the season before

Believe it or not, Liverpool are more reliable than Lester in real life

>Liverpool are more reliable

Even after burnley 2 weeks ago?

Yes, history doesn't change that fast

Liverpool are still the second (afer Real Madrid) most successful club in the world

What makes them more successful than Barcelona?

I can't see that happening. I think Arsenal would rather let him run out his contract and continue to play him like Dortmund did with Lewandowski rather than sell him to United. Selling Ozil to United would probably be the final straw for the fans.

5 TIMES LA'

5 in Istambul

Barcelona have won it 5 times

Imagine being such a small club that a fucking agent controls you and is bigger than you

Poonited are pathetic

Why is Sup Forums so comfy lads?

>theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/02/xabi-alonso-i-want-to-win-everything-there-is-to-win-with-bayern-munich-liverpool

LIVERPOO BTFO

>the same manager known for buying overrated shit and benching them/sending them to loan purgatory (cuadrado)?
Not a Chelsea or United fan but it's widely known that Chelsea's board sign players without the manager's input

You can't really blame the eye poker for their bad transfers

>Sup Forums
That place is a toilet

Milan have won it more than 5 times

Barca aren't the second most successful club lol

If you enjoy seeing the very same stale memes poster every 10 minutes you literally have autism

t. I'm a psychologist

Killed more fans than everyone else

I'm sure >mouyes has only Manure's best interest in mind

SNUBBED AGAIN

dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3770387/N-Golo-Kante-turned-overtures-Manchester-United-boss-Jose-Mourinho-seal-switch-Chelsea.html#comments

That's number two after Hazard.
>mfw a player has never rejected Chelsea to sign for United
>only happens the other way around
Definitely a bigger club

>Chelsea bandwagoner from Finland
Depressing

>being surprised that a fin supports the white nationalist side

m8 it's mikael forssell he hasn't got much else going on

>white nationalist side
Their best side was packed full of niggers

No objective person would suggest Chelsea are bigger than United and if you are a soccer bandwagoner of a middle table club from fucking England while you are from a non-football nation you should consider suicide

Ooooh the ABUs are a bit testy today lads!

>White nationalists
>closet cucks
Pick dos

The fans la

What niggers did they have playing for them in the late 90s?

Chelsea aren't necessarily the biggest club in England, but they are the most attractive club to join when they do have CL to offer. Being the biggest team in London, most star players would rather live and play there than in a shithole like Manchester.

Also At least I'm not a brown Argie living in poverty tbqh

>>Chelsea midfielder N'Golo Kante, 25, says Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho tried to persuade him to move to Old Trafford rather than Stamford Bridge from Premier League champions Leicester. (Sun)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

is Sup Forums being a bit slow for anyone else?

watch out lad, you almost tripped

In terms of fanbase the biggest london teams are actually west ham and arsenal

Chelsea have failed to get loads of bandwagoners despite their success, probably because of the turgid style under Jose
Yeah seeing some connection errors

Where can I find that upbeat WHAM! style song BBC was playing during the euros?

It was a great tune for benders and rent boys like me and my m8s to dance to

They'd play it like during intros and outros to the panel discussions

>Wayne Rooney, 30
Dayum, i thought he was 32 or even 33. Time hasn't been nice to him

Top fucking kek, Finland was a baby then not supporting them.

Friendly reminder that Chelsea have 10 million more facebook fans than Arselel. Also that's only because there are so many niggers in London and they all must support Arselel for some reason, Chelsea have a lot of fans in the South East of England

>Uefa are set to visit Jersey in the next few weeks as the Channel Island bids to become an international footballing nation. Jersey submitted a bid to leave the the English FA and join Uefa last December. A delegation from Uefa is set to come to the island after the body's annual congress later this month.

>another nation that will lose every game 10-0 and end up bottom of the qualifying groups
We don't need another Gibraltar in UEFA.

please update your memes

>In terms of fanbase the biggest london teams are actually west ham and arsenal

OBJECTIVELY WRONG
skysports.com/football/news/11661/10279992/chelsea-sell-more-shirts-than-manchester-united-in-2015-16
Plus more likes on social media

>you now remember when the Netherlands were one of the best national teams in the world

Pretty sad what happened to them desu, their current team is so pathetic compared to what it was 6 years ago

He's younger than Cristiano Ronaldo but looks like his mother's husband

Thinking about it now, yeah, I cant remember the last time a player blatantly snubbed chelshit, unlike Arsenal, Liverpool and Manure

it's easier to become a legend at a place like Chelsea because they've had good players that have won the team stuff for such a short time. Kante, Hazard et al has a better chance of getting statues at Chelsea than United - vain cunts

mikel

>the startling realisation that FEE LOSS O FEE was the saviour of the Dutch NT

Fabregas

1 more vote you can buy la'

how the fuck are international breaks still legal?

>players that have won the team stuff

m8 can u even type