Can someone, preferably from England, please tell me why David Beckham gets so much fucking criticism...

Can someone, preferably from England, please tell me why David Beckham gets so much fucking criticism. Is it because he's English? Because he played for man u? Because he was/is a pretty boy?

I honestly don't get it. I'm a bit of an old fag (29 years old) and I grew up watching Beckham. I fully remember that he was at every moment, one of the best players on the pitch no matter who they played. Quite easily one of the best midfielder I've ever seen. Yet, I have never seen anyone really truly rate him on Sup Forums... I mean knowing you guys, you might be memeing.

I'd like some feedback on this.

Thanks.

people are just butthurt he got famous for being famous. they view it as people overrating him when its nothing of the sort. he was a very good player.

This and also because he played for United, ABU is a mental disease. Also the reason Ronaldo is so hated.

ABU?

Anyone but United

Why Man Utd is so hated?

Criticism from where? England loves Beckham.

Don't ask me, I'm a United fan. But probably because they've won more PL titles than the other teams combined

They hate Man Utd because they want to be Man U?

because post ferguson they've become everything wrong with football, its more embarrassment than hatred

to o/p; i do think that a lot of people discredit beckham because he's english, if he was spanish or south american he'd be recognised as one of the best

1. Holier than thou attitude and hypocrisy when it comes to their global brand e.g. bandwagoning

2. They are(were) a successful club

Pretty much this as well.

Moyes killed most of the credibility, LvG saved his face a bit with the FA cup win but he was probably even worse than moyes

See

m8 no one can be worse than Moyes

>refs conveniently blowing offside calls for Man U goals
>diving and getting penalties
>Fergie time
>British media giving a 24/7 blowjob to the club and Rooney especially

the most hateable team in the world, easily

More hateable team than Halal Madrid?

Because he married a slapper and decline once he left the country

yes, Real accepts the bad guy role but Man U has this pathetic victim complex even though every 50/50 call in the EPL goes their way, not to mention the obvious refball with penalties and offsides. it has died down in recently, though, and that's the main reason Leicester facefucked the league last year.

Basically Ferguson was an amazing manager and once he earned a few legit titles the powers at be decided it would always be a >Man U wins episode.

This needs to be said again and again. Moyes was the worst.

Didn't he went bad after joining Real Madrid?

top lel take that tinfoil hat off you absolute mong

>That flag

Opinion discarded

Fuck me, I hate United but you are talking shit and are the classic reason why United fans bang on about ABUs constantly.

You accusing anyone or anything of having a victim complex after that bile is hugely pathetic. Go and wank off to the moon landings and stop watching football you dumb, conspiracy swallowing prick.

Idk in my opinion Moyes was more of a laughing stock for his quotes and United's rapid decline that for some reason not too many people expected.

LvG on the other hand wasted a lot of money on memes like Falcao and Di Maria, bought Schweini who despite being a really nice guy has not been at his best since 2013. Darmian has been a hit and miss, had some good games but also plenty of dismal performances. Schneiderlin is basically a squad player but the money paid for him was for someone who should start most of the games. Herrera, Blind and Shaw have been the only solid signings under van Gaal and even Shaw and Herrera haven't showed me enough to convince me they could be United players 5 years from now, although Shaw has started strong this year and was pretty good last season before he got injured.

And I don't think I need to even mention the style of play under King Louis. I found most of United games extremely boring, aside from the few gems like 3-2 vs Arsenal last season or all the times we beat Liverpoo.

C'mon this is not true and you know it

Before Los Angeles he was always in any possible Top 10 of best players, simply he has never been the GOAT

Literally no one I know hates Beckham.

Many people here regard him as one of the best right midfielders England has ever had.

His crossing, passing and dead ball ability at his peak was second to none.

He's well liked here these days because he's mostly a nice lad. Some people are probably triggered by how he is thought of in some countries as one of the greatest when he doesn't belong in that category.

In the old days maybe people had split opinions because he came across as a poncy pretty boy and was always in the papers but his England performances were generally good so that was all forgotten.

Criticism generally comes from those who don't fall for the micro-managed PR bollocks that follows him around everywhere.

He was a good player for Man U, but at international level, where he was presented as some world class talent he was crap.

And of course, retards will point to le Greece freekick or some penalty he scored, but the fact remains he was poor for England, particularly in the competition finals.

>wasted a lot of money on memes like Falcao and Di Maria

Stopped reading there.

most english people like becks, you're barking up the wrong tree m8

K, not my problem you're acting like a faggot

He's seen as an icon even though he wasn't all that great at football.

Good player sure, but never great. His assist and goal records were poor for a winger at a top club.

>His crossing, passing and dead ball ability at his peak was second to none.

Free-kick i'll give you. But his crossing and passing were average at best. His assists barely broke 10 a season at a top club.

He was really overrated by the casual media due to his fame at his peak, so the trend for all the hardcore fans became to hate on him. The truth is that somewhere in the middle

Unpopular opinion.

Beckham was the best player in the famous Giggs-Keane-Scholes-Beckham midfield.

Beckham > Keane > Scholes > Giggs

>Unpopular opinion.
No, just objectively wrong.

Keane >> Becks > Giggs > Scholes

t. Man Utd fan

Beckham is easily

easily

the most underrated footballer of all time.

That would be Matt Le Tissier

Either you're trolling or you're a fucking moron

>His assist and goal records were poor for a winger at a top club.

But they weren't, far from it.

And Beckham wasn't one of these pseudo-forward wingers we see today, he was a wide midfielder. His goal stats are pretty much the same as the other two great wingers of his era, Figo and Nedved. His assist record is better than both also.

His brand was bigger than his ability

True.

Hilarious this fucking fraud was given a league winners medal for his time at PSG

Van Gaal was unironically worse than Moyes, given all the investment he had

Yeah because whenever Beckham is mentioned, people bring up his time at PSG.

Why wouldn't he be given one?

Nice strawman, you tedious cunt

10 apps, mostly brief cameos, none of which had any influence on PSG winning the league.

Bit of a joke really.

But there are always guidelines for those medals. For example, any player who appeared in 5 games (even if they're just stoppage time cameos) is awarded a Premier League winners medal.

It's not that much of a joke when players who contribute even less than he did get awarded medals every year.

I'm aware there's guidelines, it's still a fucking mockery.

That view doesn't change because of muh guidelines