I've run out of good shows to watch and am going to try watching Preacher. What should I expect?

I've run out of good shows to watch and am going to try watching Preacher. What should I expect?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt4229954/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

a shit show

good fun. nerfed compared to the comic book. each episode has some excitement so none of the vince gillian 3 episode backstory bullshit

>I've run out of good shows to watch

I doubt it.

The pilot episode pissed me off. I don't give a shit about comics and I don't care how good/bad the adaptation is, but it seems like everyone involved in the filming process doesn't know how to shoot a scene. Simple shit like a child walking is shot like some tryhard hack is behind the camera, and the fight scenes are a hot mess of "who is punching who, and why, and where... I can't see anything."

>Directed by Seth Rogen

I started a thread on this show a while back to see what other people thought about it and it turned into a Sup Forums shitshow about miscasting and "but muh comix." No one is talking about how that man has no place behind the camera and hasn't deserved to be in front of it for some time. The pilot is a lolsorandom failure, and I'm not going to bother watching another episode until the "hurr-durr it's just fun" apologists acknowledge that there needs to be some real change in the production.

A jumbled up adaptation.
No second season.
Tumblrlip O'Hare.
A great Cassidy.

Here you go.
A better show to spend your time. On Netflix and everything.

A story about God with all the stuff about God cut out and replaced with aliums.

It's not very good.

Watch Outcast instead: imdb.com/title/tt4229954/

> Outcast>Preacher

>implying the season 1 finale, maybe season 2 if they really want to commit, won't end with the "bombshell" that it's actually about god, not aliens

>The Simpsons.

A show with only 1 good character and even he is a cartoony OTT vampire, also a severely under utilized [so far] Jackie Earl-Haley

Is there any better Investigative TV-Kino

I only watched the first 20 minutes and got fed up desu, should I try again?

>Comic book that revolves around black humor and religion
>Adapt it into a series
>Nerf all the black humor and cut down the religious themes

Why did I expect Seth Rogen to do something good?

The angels state in the third episode that they are from Heaven. So nah, not aliums.

The show was good receibed by critic mostly based on the comic prestige, the pilot and MUH STRONK WOMYN. Now critics start to notice how with 3 episodes the show is still not going anywhere, there is no goal or plot.

My main issue is there is a lot of changes in the tone, narrative and genre. I mean, the comic have a nice mixture/equilibrium that disapear on the TV show

there is a goal now
preacher using his powers to fuck this one guy up

Both are bad.

The fighting choreography is actually top-notch, haven't seen fights look this real in a tv show in a while.

>edgy fedora humor
>"black humor"
also who cares if it's religion or aliens? Could still pretty much be both.

It's boring shit.
Also they took ugly mongrel niggah bitch to play blonde female character.

You realize the show is shit when there is a few threads on the week about the series and evey thread on Sup Forums get just a few replies and usually most of them are negative.

You check Sup Forums and nobody gives a fuck about TV Preacher. Zero threads

It a dead horse now.

Heaven is an alien planet

Mods kick every thread to Sup Forums. Not even live discussion threads are allowed.

it already went to shit too fast
Episode 3 was literally Filler only

The comic isn't even really discussed on Sup Forums anymore either, and when it is it's just shitposting because of the "Sup Forums is a christian board!" meme.

The constantine show got a whole fuckload of flack because of John not smoking in the show, despite the fact that he was doing everything except inhale on screen and everything else was fine, but people don't give a shit about comics like Lucifer or Preacher because they haven't had previous adaptations that drew them in(people were happy to say that Keanu Constantine was better than show Constantine), nor have they had recent crossovers with Batman.

Well excuse me for not getting that far.

The Constantine show got a lot of shit because it essentially was a re-skinned Supernatural. It was alright, but it wasn't Hellblazer. The inherent problem with adapting Hellblazer is that the book is just as much about British social realism as it is about fighting demons. Removing the character of John Constantine from that setting invariably removes the point of the character. And yet they always do it, they always twist the character into something he's not, because british social realism isn't sexy, and fighting demons is cool, and nobody knows who the fuck Margaret Thatcher is any more.

And people on Sup Forums did shit on the Lucifer show. They absolutely did. Mainly because it has nothing to do with the original comic, to the point where it might as well be a different IP altogether.

These guys still going on about aliens

I fun pilot. Other than that it's only worth watching for Joseph Gilgun.

its picked up its stride for the most recent episode. The previous ones drag a little but i feel like the show is going somewhere good and enjoyable now.

This

it's alright , last episode was shit though.

this

Anyway, Lucifer is getting nice ratings, so it will stay. Constantine start OK, but ratings went down with each episode. Similar is happening with Preacher.

These two are good.

I liked Constantine, and he did start smoking on screen in later eps. Also this qt. Shame it got cancelled, it was getting good and the ending was a big cliffhanger/twist

Can someone shoop poochie's hat on her head?

So... this will got a second season or not?

Wasn't it going up against got? Ratings should get better once that show is done for the season.

I don't get why amc has to put it's shows on always at 9 on sunday. They could have this run during the week sometime and probably get better ratings

>the audience of Preacher is the same of GoT

Not happening, Preacher was a very niche title as a comic and now as a Show. I canĀ“t see how it could capture the same audience.

There is a ton of shows better than Preacher.
Expect a lot of slow kind of pseudo mistery a la LOST but poorly executed.