What is the best hellraiser film and why

What is the best hellraiser film and why

Other urls found in this thread:

cenobite.wikia.com/wiki/Hellraiser:_Hell_on_Earth
youtube.com/watch?v=lKfupO4ZzPs
youtube.com/watch?v=d2BHau2nbJo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The original, it followed the book well and actually focused on the other cenobites and not just pinhead.

I recently watched all of them except for Revelations. The orgional is the best. Part 2 is good as well and should be watched after 1 as a double feature.

1 > 2 > 4 > 3 > 8 > 7 > 5 > 6

Thanks just recently got into the franchise after reading one of the comics

saved, thanks for the contribution.

Part 1, obvs.

Part 2 and 3 were bretty gud, too.

I won't really watch anything beyond 3. They are just utterly retarded.

The "in space" sequel (4) is worth watching because it gives a history on the origin of the box. Part 3 is worse than that simply for including that stupid CD cenobite. After that they are pretty much shit.

Part 3 ending does go a little full retard, I admit, but I just can't get any of the sequels past 3. They are just so forgettable.

My babysitter made me watch this when I was like 12.

I was scurred

1 and 2, in that order. 3 is fine. The rest were repurposed scripts with pinhead shoved into them.

Finally someone else gets it.

I wished they would have left the story of Pinhead and the box a mystery. It seems like every time they try to go into origin back stories, it just sucks and is a letdown and lessens the mystery of Pinhead and crew. When you leave this shit to the imagination, it is more scary and interesting. I mean, part 1 set up this dynamic with the box just being some thing you have to seek out and buy from seedy dealers and such, and the Cenobites are some demons from another dimension. It is all set up with the line from Pinhead: "The box... You opened it. We came." Seriously, I don't want to know any more than this.

Different strokes, nigga. If you're beyond the point of redeeming a franchise or have nothing else to contribute then I welcome a good origin story. Take Candyman, for example: The first one is fantastic, they give you enough, but the flashbacks in Farewell to the Flesh were the best part of that movie. The same goes for Hellraiser 4.

>If you're beyond the point of redeeming a franchise or have nothing else to contribute then I welcome a good origin story.
That is the point ... it wasn't good. I welcome a back story if it is good and the franchise has no where really else to go. But the backstories in the Hellraiser franchise were just gay and made the whole franchise worse.

It's one of the shittiest horror franchises out there. Pic related.

1 is my favorite, it's got great atmosphere
2 is a bit more of a spectacle, while still staying true to the 1st's atmosphere. A fun movie
3 is dumb, but has that "80's slasher appeal" that makes it worth a watch
4 is pretty bad, if you like origin stories, you might find value in it though.
5 I found pretty damn good, even if it's just Jacob's Ladder meets Angel Heart
6 is basically part 5 again but looking worse.
7 I have barely any recollection, but I remember it being one of the most boring movies I have ever seen in my life.
8... I don't even know what 8 is supposed to be. It kind of has that part 3 vibe but... Fucked up.

The first one and the short story are the only good Hellraiser material.

2 might have been good had there not been a fire or whatever happened that damaged costumes and sets.

Even Clive Barker admits he should never have let the property leave his hands.
He went on to make a "not Hellraiser" series called Tortured Souls.

Hellraiser 2 was the best one, it has goo pacing unlike the first movie Who drags a lot with the cuckold plot.

Hellbound has the scariest vision of hell I ever seen any movie or media.

cenobite.wikia.com/wiki/Hellraiser:_Hell_on_Earth

hahahah

Hellraiser 3 felt like I was watching the yuppie version of Mulholland Drive. I fucking love it.

1 - objectively best, classic horror, pretty much revived occult in popular horror
2 - my fav because horror/fantasy adventure
3 - dax mane, pretty fun, ending bloodbath in club is awesome
The rest - fairly forgetable, but all worth at least one watch, if for nothing else, to say youve seen them all.
Reboot - abomination, stay away.

THE DOCTOR... IS IN

>Putting 7 and 8 above 5
Fucking pleb. 5 Felt like an actual story from Clive Barker. He loves his detective interacting with the supernatural stuff.

1>2>4/3>5
is the correct order. None of the others are worth mentioning.

Am I the only one that liked 2 more than 1?

I have a soft spot for the 4th film. it's a mess but it could have been pretty cool without the obligatory Weinstein meddling.

youtube.com/watch?v=lKfupO4ZzPs
What did he mean by this?

This is objectively the worst sequel. I have a hard time believing Barker wrote this crap himself and if he did, the AIDS meds must have completely cooked his brain.

Pretty decent ranking, but I would switch 5 and 4.

The origin story just felt unnecessary.
3 I like because it has some fantastic lines from pinhead, and Doug Bradley really saves the later sequels from being complete trash by portraying pinhead so fucking well.

I wish they would go into more detail about the history of the Lament Configuration like the 1989 comics did. It was super interesting seeing all the different Cenobites fucking people through out history. Hellraiser unironically has the deepest lore.

One thing I like that gets kinda lost with the sequels is that the Cenobites werent necessarily painted as "evil" in the first movie.

They seem legitimately convinced that you're going to enjoy the shit out of their torture stuff.

They're just spreading the love.

That's what I've always loved about Barker's horror fantasy. He seems to fucking love world building. The lore behind the Leviathan and its cult of hedonism is fucking fascinating to me.

Like you're talking about them being convinced you're going to love it, but the Cenobites were people originally that were swayed over to the Leviathan's way of thinking by exactly what they are doing to other people. You are going to love it, and then you are going to become a Cenobite and continue the cycle.

Definitely not. I enjoyed it the best as well. Good portrayal of hell, also that scene with the patient and maggots was pretty damn disgusting.

>Dragon Ball Z in Hell
Absolute shit

Yeah, the line
>Explorers... in the further regions of experience. Demons to some, angels to others.
Was always one of my favourites. Because the people who seek them see them as Angels, come to give them new sensations and experiences beyond what the mortal world offer.
But then Kirsty obviously sees them as demons, and wants none of what they offer.

it actually focused on the central characters, not the cenobites at all

Jesus wept..
HOWEVER
I turned into an asian

Would you a cenobite?

oh yes. I'd have some sights to show her if you know what I mean

my dick

your pinhead?

The "5 and 6 are good" meme needs to stop.

I kinda like Bloodline. If anything I admire it's ambition, taking across three drastically different time periods, seems like it could've been great had the producers not fucked with it. I was heard about a scene in the earlier century with clown Cenobites or something, sounded so sweet.

IT IS NOT HANDS THAT CALL US, IT IS DESIRE.

Hellbound the best.

The one scene that really stood out to me is when Pinhead is in the church and the pastor holds up a cross to him

>thou shall not bow down to any graven image

Sassy Pinhead > fanatic Pinhead.
youtube.com/watch?v=d2BHau2nbJo

3 is shit

6 looks like DTV trash and is a rehash, but what's wrong with 5 ?

Female cenobite is best

4 was also chopped up by the studio. It would have been much better in it's original version.

>Movie order rankings
Let's see who the REAL Hellraiser fans are.

Who is your favourite none movie Cenobite?

I really liked Mr Soul.

Yep, this is Hell if it exist.

Bool Engineer.

Its not hell and they're not demons, at least if you ignore shitty sequels

>It's not Hell
>Their God is called Leviathan, another name for the devil
>Constantly beckoning G O D in morse code
>Emits a black light that forces you to relive your sins
It's not THE Hell, but it's certainly A Hell.

The first because there is no better way to ruin a franchise like this than to expose fucking lore about the cenobites.
They were supposed to be a mystery, instead they turned into capeshit.

It wasn't lore that killed the franchise. It was hack writing and too much focus on Pinhead.

You want to see Hellraiser lore done right read the 89 comic.

Bitch what did I say about ignoring shitty sequels

>You want to see Hellraiser lore done right read the 89 comic.
This is precisely the kind of autistic bullshit that made it crap.

>Hellraiser 2
>Shitty sequel
Nigger I will fucking drop you mate.

Literally the only thing from the movies that ever appears in the 89 comic is the box. It's just short stories about the box through out history.

It is probably Hades, the land of the dead, know to the Hebrews as the Sheol.
Where the sinners live while awaiting judgement according to true Christianity.

I thought bank holiday weekends were Hell for the Jews.

>true Christianity
Arianism?

Just read all the Bible and forget the churches Christianity.

looks like cillian murphy

What happens if you die in the Labyrinth?