Why is this guy so popular on Sup Forums?

I watched a couple of his reviews and I honestly don't get it. They're neither funny nor witty, they're not even controversial.

What's the appeal?

It's an easy way to have somebody tell you what to think about music for people who are too lazy to even read

2009 Sup Forums was a weird place and fantano would do ama's on here constantly, as well as regularly nodding his head to this board in a few vids, as he gained in popularity people have tried their hardest to discredit him, but he'll always be integral to this board for me.

>TRAN
>SITION

He's an elitist faggot. Shit taste in music.

>NIRVANA IN UTERO IS SO FUCKING GREAT WOW SO DEEP ALSO I HAVNT LISTENED TOI T IN 20 years.

Fuck that guy.

Also, I hate anyone who simply mocks, ridicules other political views without actually engaging the arguments.

Shit tier intelligence on this guy.

Paul?
Is that you?

>funny
>witty
>controversial

none of these are important attributes. the dude is articulate and has better knowledge than his audience, and that's the appeal.

Because 75% of Sup Forums likes to be told what to think about music

>the dude is articulate and has better knowledge than his audience, and that's the appeal.
not true btw

I dropped this melonhead once I found out he's a alt-right sympathizing cucklord

yeah this. Fantano is an idiot. whether his opinions are wrong (they are) doesn't even matter to me as much as he's the guiding light for a bunch of retarded kids exactly like him, perpetuating this endless cycle of not actually caring about music as much as caring about what's trending and therefor what you're supposed to like.

how can an opinion be wrong you fucking mongoloid, I'd rather watch his reviews than read a shitty pitchfork article on why they fucking gave Coloring book a 9.1

>elitist
>praises in utero
You just contradicted yourself bud

>whether his opinions are wrong (they are)
You're an idiot

wow how dare he show music he likes on his own youtube channel

you're right though i think the kids should fuck off

explain why he refused to review elseq then buddy

>busiest music nerd
>only listens to pop music

I don't even care about Fantano. It's just that the phrase "his opinions are wrong" is outright retarded.

because fantano is an oldfag Sup Forumstant and got his start here

What is this, a joke? Fantano gets no love on Sup Forums, not that it's a bad thing.

>alt-right
>cuck

pick one, buddy boy.

It's because he literally browses this website, and specifically, this board.

I think Fantano's pretty cool. Seems like a chill guy.

Can't really help the fact that other people take his word as gospel though, like that's more a problem with the viewer than the entertainer.

You don't know how to read bud

No worse than Christgau, desu

>seems like a chill guy

you could have said that 3 or 4 years ago but he's fucking spastic these days. Early Fantano was best Fantano. The internet ruined this young man

>not funny
>not witty
>not controversial

Maybe go watch Pewdiepie or something

>never really seen the fantano hype
>about a year ago start watching some of his vids
>they're pretty good
>people shit on him for a billion reasons
i dont get it, like I don't agree with him on everything but he's pretty articulate and at least makes some good points at times. Is hating him just a meme?

the yeezus review put him on the map, only he had the balls to admit that the album sucked dick.

Oh boo hoo, he shit on an "alt right" "redpilled youtuber".

>OH BOI HEEZ RED PEELIN OOOH BOI

No different from tumblr

I honestly think he is really mature, listen to his podcasts and his advice/insights that he gave on his second channel a couple of years ago. Also I find him pretty funny sometimes, in a "wholesome" way: he isn't vulgar or aggressive like most other youtubers. I admire him a lot and I hope he keeps on making awesome videos.