ITT: God tier dadcore

ITT: God tier dadcore.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RRvnsj8G7QM
youtube.com/watch?v=qNuNz2idDtY
robertchristgau.com/xg/music/allman-13.php
youtube.com/watch?v=Rx_UaQx5eZQ
rollingstone.com/music/news/butch-trucks-allman-brothers-founding-member-dead-at-69-w462870
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fuck off bruce springsteen sucks
and he's literally grandpa core
My parents weren't even alive when he was recording his first album

You must be 18+ to post on this board

>My parents weren't even alive when he was recording his first album

You know there's a minimum age limit to Sup Forums and you get banned if you haven't reached puberty yet?

I'm 18 morons

I also use to lie about my age when I was underaged.

I really don't understand why you don't believe me. You act like it's impossible for me to be 18 years old given the information I've provided.

Are we forgetting the only one that deserves to be listened?

18 is the new 16. Come back when you're 21.

How can you be 18 if your parents weren't born until 1973?

Goddamn. My dad was born in '49. He's actually older than Bruce.

Prove it

>How can you be 18 if your parents weren't born until 1973?
>implying 26 year old married couples are incapable of having kids

Bruce Springsteen recorded his first album in 1972
You say you are 18, so you were born in either 1998 or 1999
Your parents were 26 or younger when you were born
Springsteen was relevant since 1975 until Philaddelphia came out
Which is the time period of your parents childhood and teenagehood
He is dadcore

Draft-dodging, tax evading, lib-billionaire LOSER

He grew up in a trailer park where they have kids at like 15 or something. Pay no heed.

>having kids at 26 is the same as having kids at 15
ok then retard

Mine was in college when BTR came out, so nuts to you.

Essentially. Nobody who has children before the age of 30 is a productive member of society.

Springstein fucking blows

Kid, do you consider Eminem part of ypur generations core?

Blows everyone else out of the water, cuz he's that good

I could swear I remember this same exact exchange in an earlier Springsteen thread.

YEE HAW AMERICA FUCK YEAH BOY

Grew up to Chicago

Odd to think they could have been one of the all time great bands if Kath wasn't a retard

And at 18
He thought he had it down by 16
And 21 is what really is the door
To chan 4

Chicago [Columbia, 1969]

Duke Ellington never got away with an extended work for horns and meaningfulness. What, then, makes James William Guercio and the self-designated revolutionaries who are his cohorts think they can? Sterile and stupid. D+

Chicago at Carnegie Hall [Columbia, 1971]

I'm not claiming actually to have listened to this four-record set--you think I'm a nut?--but the event is too overwhelming to ignore altogether, and Chicago is a C-minus group if ever I heard one. Anyway, the packaging offers textual support for my opinion. The shrink-wrap is so loose that many Christmas gift recipients are going to suspect their girlfriends of buying review copies. And the lack of paper sleeves inside the cardboard sleeves inside the big box means that the only way to avoid scratching these plastic documents is to put the whole shebang out on the coffee table and never touch it again. C-

Chicago VI [Columbia, 1973]

Any horn band that's reduced to writing songs about critics and copping (unsuccessfully) from both Motown and America must be running out of--how do you say eet?--good charts. C

Meltdown [1980s]

Everything Rocks and Nothing Ever Dies [1990s]

Whomever keeps posting this idiots inane opinions please go out this weekend and die in a car fire.

He's right about Chicago though.

mein negro

Springsteen is one astonishingly boring artist.

>t. failed musician that can't blow a horn

they sold a shit load of records before terry kath offed himself

not my kind of thing but to call them a d-list band is retarded

In other news, Journey sold more records than Black Sabbath.

and calling them d-list would be retarded too

And here's some real god tier Dadcore

anyone else have a james taylor dad?

That shit's momrock.

Yeah I don't know what's with my dad's music taste , it's so soft lol. JT has some stuff going for him though.

My man
Underrted

Springsteen's first seven albums is the most consistently high quality run of any artist in the genre. Maybe Bob Dylan can match him.

Nebraska is his best though. Fight me.

James Taylor tried to adapt to punk rock by playing a little faster and more rocking on JT, but then he fell into near irrelevance during the 80s. He had a bit of a 90s comeback with New Moonshine.

The River [Columbia, 1980]

All the standard objections apply. His beat is still clunky, his singing overwrought, his sense of significance shot through with Mazola Oil. He's too white and too male, though he's decent enough to wish he weren't; too unanalytic and fatalistic, though his eye is sharp as can be. Yet by continuing to root his writing in the small victories and large compromises of ordinary joes and janies whose need to understand as well as celebrate is as restless as his own, he's grown into a bitter empathy. These are the wages of young romantic love among those who get paid by the hour, and even if he's only giving forth with so many short fast ones because the circles of frustration and escape seem tighter now, the condensed songcraft makes this double album a model of condensation--upbeat enough for a revery there, he elaborates a myth about the fate of the guys he grew up with that hits a lot of people where they live. A-

DID I TELL YOU HOW WHITE MALES ARE BAD AND EVIL?

Took me a long time to appreciate him...but his early stuff is pretty intense. his band was solid, lyrics interesting enough, passionate performances...a little smarmy at times but told cool stories...

youtube.com/watch?v=RRvnsj8G7QM

These guys...yes, they jammed but also cool songs and the jamming was with a purpose and direction. Truly a ground breaking band at the time and helped set the standard for musicianship in rock and roll. One of the greatest American bands.

This song wasnt actually on the album cover posted but was from the same shows...its fucking brilliant.

youtube.com/watch?v=qNuNz2idDtY

robertchristgau.com/xg/music/allman-13.php

Christgau's review of an AB gig from 2013. The old farts still got it.

>and the new kid, Butch Trucks' 33-year-year old nephew Derek Trucks, who joined on guitar when he was just 20. Note: three drummers where once there were two, with salsa-based Quinones no longer there for texture and color because he now bangs his big Latin-style kit with sticks and mallets. Note: Given its D.C.-born black bassist and Bronx-born Puerto Rican drummer, the structure has long been three white-blues leads atop a rolling, African-identified rhythm base. Note: Derek Trucks is why this remains a great band.

Ok, but still, he does acknowledge that it took a 30-something guy to bring the youthful energy to their sets.

Springsteen can't play guitar, can't sing, needs the best backing band in the world to sound even remotely decent...

The Rolling Stones haven't had this level of musicianship since Reagan's first term.

bump

underrated

is your dad gay?

He grew up in Freehold,NJ with a crazy dad.

he's not talking about bruce springsteen you retard

Take your pick.

That's my mom's shit. Some police songs are actually alright.

yes yes yes.

My prog rock opus

My father is a millionaire doctor who saves lives everyday
Invalid argument
Consider suicide
I'll make sure he doesn't save you

>robertchristgau.com/xg/music/allman-13.php

I was at that show....they were such a damn force live... Shows at the Beacon always rocked.

true

rest a shit

Well Chuck Leavell is their keyboardist now...

The Stones stopped practicing or actually trying to be anything but a glorified tribute decades ago.

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that your mom got knocked up at the age of 18

The fuck?

This is what Christgau was referring to:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rx_UaQx5eZQ

Aus dadcore essential

Armed Forces is better. This album is only really loved by hipsters.

This nigga knows what's up.

No, but that's because my dad doesn't like dicks in his ass.

Mind blowing when you realize how fucking young they were.

Christgau totally destroyed him.

Then again, Metallica did all their best stuff before they were 25. KEA is a very tight, clean album for a bunch of kids who were barely out of high school.

holy smokes. how did I not know they were still playin and still this good??

They *were* still playing, but they officially broke up in 2014. Got to see em a bunch of times over the last decade.

Hate to rain on this parade, but while we're at it y'all should probably know that their original drummer, Butch Trucks, shot himself in the head a few weeks ago. rollingstone.com/music/news/butch-trucks-allman-brothers-founding-member-dead-at-69-w462870

Doh! always a day late dollar short....

The Patrician Choice

In front of his wife no less.

>He's too white and too male

Truly a pioneer critic well ahead of his time