Did you like it?

Did you like it?

No

Yeah it was decent. t lacked decent pacing though.

Yes

>Sup Forumsinanutshellscreencap.wav

i loved it

Why do they make the whale look that big? That's just fucking retarded, it's impossible for something to be that big.

Like, fuck, if it were that size then how the fuck would they survive anything? Even if it used it's tail to splash the water, the waves alone would tip that ship and send everyone overboard, the whale wouldn't even have to come in contact with the ship.

I did some measuring. I've used the whaling ship, the Essex, as an example of the ship size. The length of the Essex is 26.7 meters, and you can fit ten of those into the length of the part of the whale, who we'll call Moby Dick, we can see in the poster.

That means that what we can see of Moby Dick is the length of 267 fucking meters. And that's only about 50% of Moby Dick, so if we double that we get five hundred and thirty fucking four meters. Now, the largest living mammal is the Blue Whale, which sits at 30 meters in length.

When we compare Moby DIck to the Blue Whale, he is about 17.8 times larger than the Blue Whale. That is just fucking stupid. It's impossible to have something that large even fucking exist if it was on land.

I liked the cinematography

movie was more like a 6/10 overall.

Here's a representation of the size difference. Top is Moby, bottom is a Blue Whale. Fucking ridiculous, that is unimaginably large.

Well done user, well done

HOWEVER
> It's impossible to have something that large even fucking exist if it was on land.
The whale is not on land my friend, it lives in the sea

The whale isn't that massive in the movie though, it's commented to be around 100 ft long so roughly the size of the ship.

Why would they make it that big in the promotional poster then? That's misleading advertising.

Muh psychological terror or some shit like that I'm guessing.

I haven't seen this, but it isn't really Moby-Dick, right? From what I understand it's about the event that Moby-Dick was based on intercut with scenes of Melville writing Moby-Dick.

I want a really good, high budget, version of Moby-Dick, but it should be done by a director who can also handle all the philosophical elements and such.
>tfw no DDL as Ahab

I was in a thread yesterday where a man on the internet told me about this stuff at the bottom of the sea called steroid algae that makes things grow fuck huge. Then he helped me check my genitals for plankton via webcam. He should know his stuff, being both a marine biologist AND a doctor and all.

> it's about the event that Moby-Dick was based on intercut with scenes of Melville writing Moby-Dick.

Correct.

Also, DDL would be great as Ahab. I remember making one of those "what if" movie things, with Innaritu as the director, Morricone as the composer, DDL as Ahab and Shia as Ishmael.

I think it'd be pretty good.

Correct. Check it out, it's a pretty decent movie.

It's a metaphor Autist, it wasn't even close to that big in the movie.

A metaphor for what?

Sounds like you got trolled by the slusho rapist m8

Man vs the ocean. It slaps you in the face with how unsubtle it is.

Why doesn't the ocean just represent itself if it's man vs ocean.

that ship is the makeshift shitty ones they made at the end

its like 4 metres long, it could take like 3 men lying down, where the guy died and they had to eat him, and where they had 2 small ships that drifted apart

Because it works better when it's manifested into a living entity. Plus you slap moby dick into people's heads. And the perfect storm and white squal have already been created.

cumberbatch as the whale

I watched it on a plane

I quite liked it. much more than I thought I would.