Friendly PSA, daily reminder

Friendly PSA, daily reminder.

There's an increasing divide between the talentless tasteless poseurs of mu and the actually involved art fans.

Generally;

Poseur: RYM, /daily/, /rym/, lastfm or people that post in "rate taste" threads, /chart/, (very strong emphasis on these), /classical/, (flavor of the month circlejerk) mu discord

Cool guys: /prod/, /bleep/, /gg/

Reminder again: if you don't ever play or make music, never find better ways to get involved with this stuff- if all you do is name-drop and talk about the "uncommon time signatures" and "experimental" side of rym shit on mu discord all day, you're a poseur and TALENTLESS MERE CONSUMER and need to leave. If you're the kind of person that Google's "impressionism" and talks about "avant compositions" on RYM but has never even picked up an instrument, a noose to the neck is the only cure.

>B-but le you don't need to make art to critique it xD

That's true, but your opinion matters alot less as you have no talent and experience and treat music like a damn product you consume and not interact with. Your hundreds of thousands of ratings on RYM mean absolutely nothing to someone that actually likes music or art, it just means you're a tryhard image oriented poseur.

I endorse this thread

Montie, you're just as bad. This no ironic joke. This is becoming a serious problem and its even leaking into most other art "scenes" too.

>he doesn't post in any "cool guy" threads
>he went in /bleep/ once and asked for more stuff like Fuck Buttons
>he posts on RYM threads
>he endorses this thread

dude this is just too easy
can you PLEASE try harder to at least make people try for the jokes

>Cool guys: /prod/, /bleep/, /gg/

these are horrible places though

As if its worse than a circlejerk of faux knowledge on music. Just look at the mu discord or any rym thread. I guarantee you even at this second there's someone talking about Mussorgskys "compositions" or something, probably name dropping labels or other poseur shit too. There's no end to it.

imagine actually thinking this

DFW is the poseur's choice of Pepe.

i took piano lessons for 10 years and i can personally tell you /bleep/ and /prod/ are garbage

Its less garbage than the alternatives.

Pat yourself on the back.

says who? i don't even understand the purpose of hte bleep general - it's totally redundant

Its better than just an endless barrage of circlejerking semi obscure shit all day long, making neat little charts and treating art like a product to show off.

who /talentlessconsumer/ here?
can't play an instrument but i like music a lot :)

I don't understand the issue tho. kids like that are easy to expose as posers.
why don't you just become a trip and start destroying them?

Who cares though

It's hard to fight. They adapt. You point out specific poseur traits and tastes, they simply erase those artists from their discography and move on to something else. It never ends. After being to dozens of art galleries and shows this happens EVERYWHERE. In any art scene this happens. Its exhausting and I don't know if it's always been like this or of this is a recent 21st century thing.

>Irony as a barrier
>2017

Go play the new filthy frank album on your audio Technica or something.

>When you're so hipster you can summarize mus tastes

Nice op you're really smart haha.

just because it's obscure doesn't make it bad - that seems to be an assumption underlying your dismissive attitude. i personally don't really care to listen to what other people have listened to just to have common ground with them - i prefer to have listened to something that's obscure in order to see if it's good and then tell people about it if it is (the point of RYM)

nobody needs to know your opinion on something on pitchfork or other "non obscure" sites

>mfw i use RYM
>mfw i love TMR, This Heat, Feaust, Keiji Haino and The Residents and no amount of autistic memeing will stop me from doing so

i mean
dude
i don't have the talent nor the skill to make music. Does that mean i can't like music and discuss It? Haven't listened to the new Filthy Frank tho, dont know if it's good

Sure you can. You're just boxing yourself out of ever experiencing creativity and just condemning yourself to just treating art like a product to consume.

>no talent nor skill

Not necessary. These certainly help greatly but they are not necessary.

>he's mad about people jerking off about having good taste on a music board

if you have shit taste and make music your music is shit, you should be taking in as much influence as possible to make your music better and better flesh out your sensibilities, especially if you're still young

both sides in this battle need to just get off the fucking internet and do actual living and see that none of this actually matters

This sounds like me when i was 16 and thought I knew anything about music because I thought sun city girls or sun ra were better than something like drake.

Which, they're not - they're very boring and uncreative, they just rely on gimmicky shit to make it look unique. After a while you realize how retarded and unimaginable some of these "good taste" artists are. Most will be dropped. Not all though.

>sun city girls
>Sun Ra
>uncreative
what the fuck am i reading?

are you actually retarded?

Just examples. They're aren't, not whatsoever. They're about on on same level as other uncreative shit like migo or young thug. After a while it all blurs together and you realize it's not that great or special from one another. Maybe I'm just jaded though.

< Also, If that's all you got out of this you're beyond hopeless

>i visited /lit/ once: the thread

>Sun Ra is comparable to Migos
even though i know you are baiting you still made me mad as fuck

This thread is such a trainwreck from both sides. I love it

This is like irony poisoning levels of bad opinions. What do you like to listen to user

/daily/ are a bunch of candy asses
if i met one of those pipsqueaks in real life i'd bully them mercilessly

>"good taste" artists
>being this insecure

also going by your rhetoric i find it hard to believe that you've learned much since being 16

OP is mad because he can't understand Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, DNA, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Haruomi Hosono, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Aporea, Half Japanese, Mega Banton, Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Frances Baskerville, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, Magma, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Ksiezyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze or Kaoru Abe.

....It's ok, not everyone is gifted with a high musical IQ. You might get there someday though, after you turn 18.

Kek

Well you know what I mean. There's certain arrists you're supposed to like if you want others to say you have good taste, whatever that means.

OP here, this isn't me. Lol but it's somewhat similar to my point

Instead of a meta thread can this be a new sincerity thread?

/rym/ and /daily/ are places full of people who rate trap and shitty alternative rock on par with greats of the western art music sphere. Most of the time with no explanation, or with vague explanations such as "I like the violins :D".

You can't change those people. People visiting those generals need to be found in real life and beheaded for the greater good of music appreciation.

no i don't know what you mean, you clumsy parrot

>whatever that means

you don't sound very confident

i'm confused as to why you think anyone owes you explanations anyway
autistic strawman is autistic

i dont post in any of these except for /gg/

But dude Young Thug is literally changing music bro his lyrics are actually super deep social commentary and shit and his voice is like a trumpet dude.

If you disagree, you're just racist and probably sexist too. Plain and simple.

>comparing art
maybe the problem doesn't lie with everyone else
maybe the problem is with yourself

dude you listen to chief keef and think it's on par with pet sounds shut the fuck up

fuck off bigot :)

there is literally nothing wrong with trap

based 15 year old

i don't? lol
>comparing art

Develop a critical faculty.

Post-irony was a mistake.

the sad thing is that these rym kids get btfo by fucking grimesfags everytime

fucking grimes fans know more about music then majority of this board lmao

I haven't gone in any od those threads but that "faux knowledge" is most likely knowledge you don't even possess at all. I bet you don't listen to classical.

Apparently Drake is better than those, according to you

>>he went in /bleep/ once and asked for more stuff like Fuck Buttons
are FB bleep?

wait explain to me something
what is your problem exactly?
you first talk about how "There's certain arrists you're supposed to like if you want others to say you have good taste, whatever that means" yet you complain about how some people like Young thug and classical equally?. Let's assume i listened to some composer ie Stravinsky and then to some pop artist ie Taylor Swift. Now let's assume i like both equally. Do i have to rate the classical higher (meaning i would be a literal poseur since im acting like i like something more, when i don't) or rate them the same (in your mindset It implies im an idiot and i don't know anything since i rate on enjoyment) ?

poptimism was a mistake

he is tho

>he made shit-tier Oasis covers in high school so he thinks he knows enough to critique avant-garde music

>he posts memes on tumblr therefore thinks Yung Thug is as critically relevant and culturally significant as Morton Feldman

Drake is unironically better than Stockhausen or Secret Chiefs 3 or any other "esoteric" shit you guys love to name drop to feel superior. Your taste is pure wank. Drake and Yung Thug make enjoyable music that sounds pleasing to the ear while your guys just fuck around with their instruments to create unpleasant dissonant weird shit for artfags to jerk themselves off to.

ironically this

This
I listened to some shit off the posercore chart like coil and it's so bad. I fucking hate coil. Do you have to be a raging homo to understand it or what?

well at least you're honest

This
"Ayo nigga i'll fuk yo bish" is the way better than than hipster nu-male SJW libcuck pretentious poseur-core

>browse /daily/
>classically trained musician

what now loser?

>DFW
D R O P P E D

couldn't even be bothered to read your ramblings.

surprised you didn't include footnotes

For the record I started learning guitar but stopped a few weeks in. It's just boring and repetitive. If I really wanted to be an expert it I could though, I just have no desire to set my mind to it. Point being. Even though I don't play or make music, I know for a fact my opinions about it mean more than yours do.

>your face when

>this faggot can't even play guitar and thinks he knows music

A 6 year old can fucking play CAGED you mongoloid.

anyone here like music?