Gryffindor has got the snitch! I'm afraid that 14-0 shut out by Slytherin doesn't mean shit! LMAO

Gryffindor has got the snitch! I'm afraid that 14-0 shut out by Slytherin doesn't mean shit! LMAO

What did Rowling mean by this?

Crowball game now

This is the shittiest sport ever!

it's a game conceived by a woman

Absolute diabolical

It was the same with the videogame, even if I managed to score more, my little brother will always get the snitch because Harry was faster than any other character.

If catching the snitch auto-won you the game why aren't half the team made up of seekers

It means that she pays shills to post stupid threads about Harry Potter on the internet in order to promote her new shitty play.

thats like asking why half a soccer team isn't made up of goalies

Rules dictate there's only one
Also, you can still have scoregap too wide
If they just add scores in tournaments rather then counting wins/losses it would actually make more.

But it is a very poorly designed game.

grabbing the snitch itself is basically a big HOWEVER

Snitch should've been worth 30-50 points.

Catching a snitch is always an almost-requirement for victory, that's why snitches get stitches.

this, in real life everyone would've abandoned the quaffle and the whole game would center around either helping your own seeker or messing with the other team's

The Golden Snitch is meant to be HARD TO CATCH YOU AUTISTS

I'm gonna guess only 10% of matches actually end because of it

I think catching snitch is a condition to end the match. But I might be wrong.

yet fucking harry potter catch it every single fucking time he plays
that nigga cheating

You're not wrong. It ends the game. There's supposed to be some strategy in not catching it until you're within the win gap but the other team has to be blowing you the fuck out for snitch catching timing to come into play. Quidditch is a shit tier sport written the way it is to make Harry special and Rowling er self was THRILLED when she was done writing fucking Quidditch chapters.

Why are you guys suddenly posting so much Harry Potter?

I think in book 4 when they go to the tournament the team that catches the snitch loses because the other team turned out to have a fuckton of points. Also, in the books they mention some pro level games go on for ages (months even, IIRC), so the snitch was just a drop in the bucket. The question is wjy the seeker of a losing team would grab the snitch.

Harry is just a plot armor heavy bitch nigga.

D R O P P E D

Rowling actually invented Quidditch just to troll her boyfriend and men in general. She's a dumb bitch and we should stop giving her shitty work attention.

Shills trying to promote the shitty new Rowling play.

What is with all of the Harry Potter posts?

Is there something Potter related being released this weekend?

Isnt the snitch worth like tons of points?
Its basically a win if you get it since the game ends.
Yea shit rules, unless the snitch is ultra hard to get and theres another way to win the game

Shit sport.

>snitch literally wants to be caught, if it wanted to actually avoid the seekers it could just do a 180 every time they got close because the turning radius of brooms is so much greater than the turner radius of an inch-wide orb. instead it just flies around like a retard

>Rowling makes hitting another player many yards away with a heavy ball you can only use a bat to propel forward like it is the easiest thing in the world and happens regularly throughout the match

>Teams actually waste time with the quaffle and the bludger when the superior strategy is just committing everyone except a single chaser

>chasers actually pass the quaffle when they could just fly the ball right up to one of the three goalposts and easily throwing it in

>no school thought "huh, maybe we should standardize maximum broom speed" - instead, the richfags get the fast brooms which would make playing defense with a shit broom literally retarded

>players actually seem to get tired when all they are doing is willing their brooms to go forward and making ducking their head once and a while

what was she thinking?

>world class seekers need literal MONTHS to catch the snitch
>every single hogwarts game ends within hours

clearly amateur kids are better at catching the snitch than professional adult athletes

Multiple goalies would not be too insensible if there was flexibility to the amount of goalies. The benefits would probably max out at 2 too so you wouldn't be sacrificing too much either.

Basically, in a game where everything is worth 10 points, the snitch is worth 1000000 points.

>Is there something Potter related being released this weekend?

Yes, a shitty new play.

Report all shills.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHH SNAP

Amateur snitch.
Its basically a sentient magic flying ball. They can adjust the difficulty

>Is there something Potter related being released this weekend?

>Yes, a shitty new play.
Thanks. I didn't see the earlier reply.

JUST

It wasn't auto win but catching it gave you 150 points for your team and ended the match.

Basically the same thing though.

There was one of the books where Harry's team had to lose while still catching the Snitch or something like that.

I think it's something like that.

The one they used at Hogwarts would stay near the field, while the pro-snitch could fly to fucking China if that's what it felt like.

I read every single Harry Potter book when I was younger, but now I don't give a fuck about it. In retrospect it was decent, but now that it's over I don't foresee future generations going back and reading them.
I truly don't understand these girls, and it's ALWAYS girls, who are like 22-26 years old and still obsessed with Harry Potter, get the symbol tattooed on then alongside a bunch of shitty flash tattoos, and jump around with a bunch of contrived "OMGEE NERDGASM" enthusiasm. It just seems massively pathetic.

>fly to fucking China
Kek. Just imagine chasing the thing for an amount of time without thinking and realising youre no longer in the same fucking country.

I don't know anyone who has a Harry Potter tattoo, but I know a lot of guys who still adore Harry Potter and take it very seriously.

I liked those books when they were coming out but I'm not super attached to them and I have no desire to reread them.

its spam being spammed by marcus

No because the rest of the team in soccer prevents the other team from making goals. But in quidditch, the reast of the team does not stop the other seeker.

i feel like one of the main themes in harry potter books was that wizards had a tendency to have completely fucking stupid systems in place because wizards were a grognardy and generally stupid lot except for their spells. i mean, every wizard and witch in the harry potter universe apparently forgoes actual schooling to learn stupid pointless shit like "how to make some bullshit levitate" or "how to knock someone unconscious with your magical powers". no one gets an actual education.

here's some shit that happens in the wizard world

>sorting hat sorts people into houses at 11 years of age, one of these houses is basically known for being evil
>quidditch is a stupid ass sport and i think even harry draws attention to this fact
>albus just leaves bloodthirsty cerberi around to protect a doorway somewhere and his only warning for actual 11 year olds is "yo don't go to the third floor hallway ;)"
>the teleporting shit they do has a chance of killing you randomly but people still do it
>the goblet of fire tournament thing had a chance of getting a bunch of people killed
>the groundskeeper apparently used to torture kids for breaking rules but apparently it's not that bad nowadays

etc.

it seems like all this stupid shit is in place because it has been that way for hundreds of years and no one questions any of this because lol tradition

if you're gonna post these in every thread use a tripcode so i can filter you

Why do you keep doing these I don't understand

I still don't get this shit. If your opponent gets 200 points cause your team sucks dick but ends up catching the snitch they automatically win. How?

The game makes no sense. The snitch should only be worth 30 points or something which wouldn't make every other teammate completely useless.

No, you have to catch the snitch to end the game. It was mentioned that games can last for weeks if no one catches it. Of course this opens up the plothole of how teenage Quidditch players can catch the snitch seemingly just as easily as professional players. Unless the official snitch is harder to catch, you would expect those matches to be way too short.

I just realized Quidditch as a whole sport concept doesn't make any sense.

>women creativity

you sound like a faggot

>there are people IRL that actually play this retarded game.

This is actually part of Sup Forums
get out red

hey man i liked these books when i was 12 don't spergshame

I really wish she would pull a Lucas and hand the franchise over to someone who would do something good with it

Because catching the snitch is almost impossible, even by wizarding standards.

Potter does it because muh daddy was good at it and shit and i'm the chozen onez

Have you read any of the books? It's clear she wasn't thinking much.

The snitch existed so Rowling could easily write a climax into the Quidditch matches.

I don't get its popularity, they are ok kids books and that's it. The first one came out when I was in elementary school and I get why all the kids liked it but I just can't understand teenagers or grown ups who like it or adore it so much.

Just turn your brain off you retard

Or, and just a crazy thought here, Rowling is a bad writer.

Teams would be based around getting the snitch as fast as possible

>Because catching the snitch is almost impossible, even by wizarding standards.
No, it was the only way to end the game. And I doubt Hogwarts would have dragged out the school games for weeks. Students should be able to catch it within an hour or two.

Because it's very hard to fucking do, and if they fail then the other team will win with a single goal.

>the teleporting shit they do has a chance of killing you randomly but people still do it

Imagine car rides had a chance to kill you. MENTAL

teleporting is more like riding a car blind
>oh you teleported to a place and a person happened to be passing exactly there? now you're either dead or a twice-headed abomination

or maybe she's just bad at catering to autists like you who demand perfect logic in everything when that's not how things have worked in real life ;)

you know they used to blow smoke into people's asses to try and revive them in the 1700s?

How about those moving stairs of death? Get a toe crushed or maybe fall off and die.

>your entire team doesn't go quaffle goals
>enemy team gets free points for half an hour to an hour
>harry finally finds and catches the snitch but still loses the game

No shit
Harry Potter is absolute trash

The Hogwarts nurse can regrow and repair bones. If you didn't make a Hocrux to cheat death, you only have yourself to blame

I miss Quentin so much.

Just get the beaters to focus on anyone who has the quaffle, keeper still blocks shots, and then everyone else fucks with the other team's seeker.

nigga what? game doesnt end until the snitch is caught

>DUDE JUST KEK MY CUNNY UP I LIKE TO HOWEVER CARMELA COULD YOU FIX THE FUCKING DOOOOOOOOR MAN-OF-SPIDERS GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THE DUSTY MESA LMAO

DUDE

Nah they had to win by a certain amount of points, so Harry had to stall as fuck before he could catch the Snitch or they'd only win the match but lose the championship

The game makes a bit more sense when you consider that the points you make carry over into their league equivalent, instead of just Win-Draw-Loss being counted

It's still fairly dumb, but a bit better
Everyone seems to forget this however, probably because it wasn't mentioned in the movies

i thought the books were pretty comfy when i was a small child

perhaps i missed out on vital book nutrients since i didnt read ayn rand though

realisticly the keeper doesn't do shit. you can literally just fly through hoops since they are so far apart.
if he stops a broom flying at maximum speed, he's probably going to get accidentally impaled. additionally, there's no minimum shooting distance.

>comfy
This board is for adults, Sup Forums

Ah, yes, read something I don't enjoy because some pseudo-intellectualism tells me to.

I don't want some 100 layer meaning to """interpret""" things. (I'm published in the hard sciences anyway, anything that isn't abstractly provable is only of use to the specific reader.)

I mostly agree, but your second point doesn't hold up considering that the Bludgers themselves also sort of home in on people, which makes it considerably easier, just have to hit it in their general direction

im gay, user

How can we truly contextualise the good without intimate knowledge of the bad

People practice it right outside my dorm in college. There's a lot of people usually too

>some pseudo-intellectualism

why do these children pretend to know stuff?

they showed like 4 games out of him spending 6 years at the school.

and one of those he didn't finish because he fell off of his broom due to dementor.

Snitch is 150 points.

mentally ill*

Are you retarded? Anyone who approaches any subject in the humanities and claims authority simply because they have decided one thing is """better""" than another is not an intellectual.

There is no objectivity and rigour to any of it and claiming things are comparable in a meaningful way will get you laughed at by actual "intellectuals".

>some pseudo-intellectualism

why do these children pretend to know stuff??

How?

Play it like soccer with 3 hoops and release a greased up pig to act as a snitch?

What is the name you redditors have given your new reddit meme spam?
I need to know so I can find you on social media.

I feel the lack of flying broomsticks would hamper the flow of the game.

These guys stick broomsticks between their virgin crotches, don't they?

this really is the only answer, trying to excuse this by saying shit like 'she was emphasizing how illogical wizards are - hurrr' is just trying to rationalize this.

Quiddich is how women see all sports. It's just a bunch of people running around and throwing a ball in a hoop sometimes or catching something. They don't really comprehend that there's strategies and logic behind the game. Therefore the game she invented has no strategy or logic behind it, it's just people running around pretty much randomly.

>>I think in book 4 when they go to the tournament the team that catches the snitch loses because the other team turned out to have a fuckton of points
What? Why would you catch it when you know you're behind on points?

Do you just want to speed up your defeat?

>how do people play Quidditch irl?
you don't want to know

Probably that she wrote one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the seriesüf only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but itüfs certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books are g-g-good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King

from what i remember, Team A needed to win by around 50 points in order to win the School Cup. Team B took an early lead with 70-10 or something.
If Team A caught the snitch, they would've lost overall even though they won the game. So Harry Pothead waited until his team gained a few more points before catching the snitch.

Holy fuck that list is shit. Was it made by an actual autist?

It's a troll list accompanied by troll pasta.

The list is a bit suspect, but it mostly correct in some spots and the pasta is 100% correct
Counter it

Tell us why some 15 year old from Sup Forums knows more than two scholars of art