Motor/sp/ort - What's a Hermine? Edition

World Endurance Championship at Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez; Indycar at Watkins Glen; Nascar Xfinity and Sprint Cup at Darlington, Camping World Trucks at Mosport; WTCC at Motegi; VLN; 24h Series at Catalunya; GP2 and GP3 at Monza

>Dale sitting out rest of 2016, schedule released for 88 drivers
>Toyota shrekt itself in P1 at Mexico
>Benoit Treluyer will sit out Mexico after feeling uncomfortable in cockpit due to biking back injury in July

Saturday, September 3
>24h Series Race 0600 ET/1000 UTC
>NXS final practice 0900 ET/1300 UTC
>CWTS first practice 0930 ET/1330 UTC
>GP2 Race 1 0940 ET/1340 UTC
>NSCS practice, CNBC 1100 ET/1500 UTC
>GP3 Race 1 1115 ET/1515 UTC
>CWTS final practice 1135 ET/1535 UTC
>NSCS final practice, NBCSN 1330 ET/1730 UTC
>WEC Race 6 Hours of Mexico 1430 ET/1830 UTC
>ICS Quali 1500 ET/1900 UTC
>NXS VFW Sport Clips Help a Hero 200 (147 laps, 200.8 miles), NBC 1530 ET/1930 UTC
>CWTS Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FS2 1745 ET/2145 UTC

Sunday, September 4
>WTCC Race 1 0135 ET/0535 UTC
>WTCC Race 2 0250 ET/0650 UTC
>GP3 Race 2 0315 ET/0715 UTC
>GP2 Race 2 0425 ET/0825 UTC
>CWTS Chevrolet Silverado 250 (64 laps, 157.37 miles), FS1 1430 ET/1830 UTC
>ICS Race Grand Prix at the Glen 1437 ET/1837 UTC
>NSCS Bojangles' Southern 500 (367 laps, 501.3 miles), NBC 1800 ET/2200 UTC

WEC Timing
fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

thecushion.com/t2ls_clauson2sept16/?s2-ssl=yes
video.eurosport.de/wec/video-live.shtml
dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/fuel-efficiency
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's that time of the year again

>forgetting ARCA
>ARCA General Tire GRABBER 100 (100 laps, 100 miles), ASN 2100 ET/0100 UTC

>four more >sneak appearances

I had intentions to add it in the schedule until Darlington got rained out and I got sidetracked.

Looking forward to dirt under the lights and this trophy.

Based rags

5th for Sad Max

Pretty keen for WEC and MotoGP this weekend. The #6 Toyota that crashed put up competitive times in quali so they're not out of it.

I'll probably catch up on the WTCC during the week too because I like Motegi.

WEC quali

yutaka needs to fucking go, not sure who even set the lap times for them but he is a massive shit

USAC Kokomo Clauson Tribute Race Sept 2, 2016
thecushion.com/t2ls_clauson2sept16/?s2-ssl=yes

Bryan Clauson is in the race?

>Target Chip Ganassi Racing's Scott Dixon was the only driver to dip below the 1m23s mark at Watkins Glen on Friday at the 2015 Verizon IndyCar Series champion covered the field with a staggering lap of 1m22.8740s. Measured against Ryan Briscoe's qualifying lap record of 1m29.1322 set in 2009, the Kiwi's best was a full 5.2582s below Briscoe's mark.
we're gonna have a fast one

>WEC isn't at the ass crack of dawn
Niceee.

I got tickets to go to Darlington for 35$. Woohoo

who /missdale/ here

>tfw he will retire from cup next season to have the chance to race in his own team in xfinity before the health issues sideline him permanently

Nice.

moonman is in nascar top kek

>f1 and motogp on at the same time

who allowed this?

And rallycross too!
Damn'it

>

>no live ARCA coverage
Oh well

So I'm going to the Nascar K&N race on Monday. Any decent drivers that I should look out for?

K&N is basically a win-buying division, probably going to be Haley, Gragson, or Benjamin

Any stream planned for WEC Mexico ?

Mon nègre

how many bingbongs until 6hrs mexico?

How about you turn up L'Equipe 21 or Motors TV?

less than a bong

Anyone tried this stream

video.eurosport.de/wec/video-live.shtml

? Working for me so far

Works for me too. Just video with no commentary.

>Kolles passes a Toyota

... So how long will it be before Kinoshita commits seppuku?

Didn't notice that L'Equipe was airing this.Too bad they cut from 10 to midnight.

Getting commentary now.

They must've been on a lunch break or something.

is there a WEC thread I can't find one

This is the WEC thread.

Nobody really cares about WEC races outside this thread unless it's LM24.

Is there even any point in watching the rest of the Xfinity season?

The races I've seen are fine, but it's such a clusterfuck it is hard to stay interested, especially with so much other racing on

The more this has gone on the more I'm convinced Jr was actually suspended for something.

If it really is a concussion, then he'll retire. But I don't buy that at all, NASCAR just didn't want to embarrass their most popular driver.

Maybe drinking night before and still had some in his system for early morning practice?

All I know is as quiet as he's been, and as mysterious as this whole thing is....yea not buying the concussion story.

The tires are too hard in Xfinity because the team owners arent gonna want to have to go through a million sets.

That coupled with the car having a massive tapered spacer makes them too easy to drive.

Sadly they are the best looking oval stock cars

Xfinity thread?

Jr used to do his best work in the early 2000's hung over and sleeping 2-3 hours before races.

If the NFL didn't get in so much heat from CTE likely nobody else would give a shit. Look at hockey, unless you were completely brain dead (Eric Lindros/Mark Savard ) you shook off concussions and kept playing.

Eric Boogard killed himself likely from CTE and nobody batted an eye.

If this was 10-20 year ago Jr is racing through the concussion.

Everything isn't a fucking conspiracy. Sup Forums needs to stop with the autistic Sup Forums trumpfag mentality that it is.

desu im pretty sure they diagnosed jr with the autism and he's just too nervous to drive anymore

>no Xfinity thread

> Max Chilton just made the fast 6

Xfinity

>tfw I need to buy a suit and will miss both f1 and motogp

>implying there's anything to "miss" in F1
user pls.

>what is DVR

Netherlands pls

Has anyone talked about how wacky it is that Naturally Aspirated cars btfo turbo cars in GTE?

Considering the elevation of Autodromo Hermanos, makes absolutely no sense. I'm guessing BOP fuckery was involved?

>I'm guessing BOP fuckery was involved?

When is it not?

That's BoP for you. Can't have AMR crying anymore, no sir.

Atmospheric equalization precedes modern BoP fuckery. If you're limiting boost against normally aspirated cars it only makes sense to compensate for altitude.

>AMR whining in GTE
War. War never changes.

>Atmospheric equalization
I've been following sports cars for 5 years now and didn't know that was a thing. Huh.

>FERD

FOOOOOORRRDD

Haven't paid attention to the new regulations, how did petrol engines manage to beat diesel engines?

Did they just gimped diesel cars/give petrol cars insane advantages to make petrol cars more competitive?

Kind of, the rules try to equalize every aspect of performance between petrol and diesel, but diesel will always be more powerful and heavier, so Audi has more ICE power but less hybrid boost. In traffic it's the instant hybrid power that matters.

Diesels never had an inherent advantage, they were given favourable rules to encourage manufacturer involvement. As soon as Peugeot was kill and Toyota came back with a petrol hybrid the rules were made to only favour hybrid cars of any kind and not diesels.

There was also that GT1 engine restrictor break that made the factory Aston Martins more competitive than other petrol cars for a little while.

Diesel engines provide more torque are significantly more fuel efficient.

Big Go is this weekend.

>more fuel efficient
Not really, but there is more energy in a liter of diesel than a liter of petrol. It's my understanding that that is why Audi ended up going to a diesel; they were allowed to have the same size fuel tank as petrol powered cars, but it would take them significantly further.

Drag racing is fucking boring.

Agreed. An insane spectacle worth seeing in person I imagine, but how you make that a compelling SPORT to watch on TV? No idea

That makes sense. But now Audi take longer to fill a smaller tank that doesn't go as far as the petrol cars, and because of muh hybrid they lose out there as well.

It's a shame we're not going to see Audi go back to petrol.

>fuel efficiency [noun] UK US NATURAL RESOURCES
>a measure of how much energy is produced by an engine in relation to the amount of fuel that it uses:
>Diesel engines generally have better fuel efficiency than gas ones.
>dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/fuel-efficiency

>BMW wants to bring a hydrogen fuel cell car into LMP1
Fuck I want to believe this will happen, and BMW won't completely fuck it up Nii-sann style.

But I know better.

>luck stomp

Diesels can't rev for shit and thus on equal ground will make less top end power, plus they're heavy as shit, which matters more when there's not enough tire grip to use all that low-to-mid range torque anyways.

From the 2009 rules

>4000cc turbocharged gasoline engine with more than 2 valves per cylinder: 47.5mm air restrictor, 1500mbar boost pressure
>4000cc turbocharged diesel engine: 53.0mm air restrictor, 3620mbar boost pressure

>linking to a dictionary
I'm not sure why you think we're arguing.
All I'm saying is the difference is the Diesel FUEL is more energy dense. There are too many factors in engine design to say as a whole diesel engines are more efficient. A badly designed diesel won't inherently be more efficient than a modern direct injection gas car, for example.

>French commenters debating about what the Kill button might do
switching to RLM right now

I say Diesels are more fuel efficient, you say "not really" and then go on to describe what could be seen as "fuel efficiency" per the aforementioned definition.
I provided this definition from a reputable source in order to highlight the latter as I didn't feel like digging up a motorsport.com or racecar-engineering.com article on diesel engines.

The last part of your post is irrelevant.

There is more than one person in Canada.

Flags were a mistake.

How exactly is the last part of my post irrelevant?

:^)

Rain, apparently

RAIN IN FIVE

Rain in 5, lads

>the rain actually came in 5 minutes

Damn these P1 cars are fast off of turns.

>#1 under investigation

>all these collisions and investigations
Wew lads

>And rain again in 5
jesus lads. Its happening

>SMP

>almost FERRRAARRRRIIIIIII

Wew, didn't know Ferraris were targetting barriers as well now

RAIN WILL GET HARDER IN 5 MINUTES

I'm already hard.

How is this so much less exciting at the front without a competitive Toyota, lads? I really don'n't get it. I would've loved this race two years ago.

Gonna need a webm of that one, lads. lel

RAIN NOW, STALKER

Watching VW go up against VW isn't as exciting as watching Audi or Porsche vs Toyota

Because the Audi is ugly as shit

>How is this so much less exciting at the front without a competitive Toyota

Because it's a Audi with a V6 vs Audi with a V4.

This is why people say LMP is a dying spec.

>audi

>AUDI

>Muh V8 wahh
Typical burger.

I actually rather like the sounds of the Audi and
Porsche, in their own ways. The Porsche has always sounded nice to me; its a high rpm ripper.

The Audi doesn't sound as good now; i miss the frantic squealing of their flywheel hybrid system. But in person all you can hear is the turbo; its very quiet, which is cool in its own weird way. The onboards pickup all the diesel nastiness, which i still like.

All that said, I actually agree with you. The TS040 is my favorite modern prototype.

>audi
Slicktermediates btfo

>Slick tyres on wet track

Bravo Audi, brabo

>>Muh V8 wahh

What? I said nothing about V8s.

Ah, missed the fact you said
>audi vs audi
Sorry, lad. Had a bit of /alotion potion/ today m8

I'm still waiting for my reply, frog-man

Are you lads watching 6 hours of mexico?

typical leafpost